2012 Presidential Election Polls

What do a couple of you Obama supporters fear most about Romney being elected?

A Romney presidency will see setbacks in foreign relations akin to the Bush II squandering of foreign goodwill after 9/11.

Of all the grand misstatements in your fear of Obama being defeated, this had to be the most intriguing. What good will? You mean the failed doctrine of appeasement that would make Neville Chamberlain blush?

The world is MUCH more incensed at the US now than when the great healer ascended the mountain. Some would argue that his continual braying about Osama's death is what really fostered the the latest 3 weeks of uprisings. (I won't speculate on that because there is no way to know). But this fantasy that we are now in better shape in world perception than four years ago is simply false.

what appeasement?

You mean the failed doctrine of appeasement that would make Neville Chamberlain blush?

Complaining about appeasement is right up there with class warfare amongst a certain crowd . . .

What are you counting as appeasement? The apology tour that never happened?

If it would make Chamberlain blush Obama must have given a very sizable chunk of land to a hostile country. Did I miss it?

As an aside: sometimes I suspect that there is an Obama that only conservatives can see.

I see a president with some successes and some failures but inside the echo chamber Obama has been nothing but a failure of epic proportions whose every move has been an affront to America/freedom/Founders/Constitution/etc. Honestly, I don't understand it. Even when Obama has embraced Republican ideas the message has remained the same.

For god's sake . . . the Simpson-Bowles commission that so many here complain that Obama didn't embrace (even though any conclusion was blocked by Paul Ryan) had to be created by an executive order because the GOP Senators filibustered the bill to create the commission! So let's look at this: 1. Republican's refuse to even entertain the idea of Simpson-Bowles. 2. The president ensures that the commission is created anyways. 3. The GOP blocks SB from offering recommendations. 4. The GOP turns around and criticizes Obama for not embracing the commission?! Are you kidding me?! Do they really think that voters are this stupid? If so . . . are they right?

What on earth is going on?

• Fire 2

You mean the failed doctrine of appeasement that would make Neville Chamberlain blush?

Complaining about appeasement is right up there with class warfare amongst a certain crowd . . .

What are you counting as appeasement? The apology tour that never happened?

If it would make Chamberlain blush Obama must have given a very sizable chunk of land to a hostile country. Did I miss it?

Certainly the apology tour happened. He apologized to every nation he initially visited about our prior comportment.

OMG....Comish...Don't you remember how so many people thought people around the world would start loving us once Bush was out and Obama was in? Heck, he even was given the Nobel Peace Prize because we would now have world peace.

All he needed to do is buy the world a Coke.

EXACTLY...........(good find on the video !)

I have family living in Europe. They have an extensive network of friends in England, Germany, Spain, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Holland, Denmark and France (where they live). From dinners and many beers I've had with this group over the years, I can conclusively tell you that Europe did NOT like Bush II, and does like Obama. They are terrified of Romney, and view him even worse than America's Democrats view him.

I have family living in Europe. They have an extensive network of friends in England, Germany, Spain, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Holland, Denmark and France (where they live). From dinners and many beers I've had with this group over the years, I can conclusively tell you that Europe did NOT like Bush II, and does like Obama. They are terrified of Romney, and view him even worse than America's Democrats view him.

Now I'm confused. I thought you were an Obama supporter? Everything you just said is evidence that Romney is the better choice for POTUS.

I'm still supportive of Ron Paul. I've been watching a few videos of debates and such, and here is one that I came across:

The GOP F'ed up big time when their voters pushed dumbass Romney into the nomination. Now there will probably be 4 more years of Barack Obama.