Paul Ryan's Speech in 3 words - Dazzling, Deceiving & Distracting

1. Dazzling

At least a quarter of Americans still don’t know who Paul Ryan is, and only about half who know and have an opinion of him view him favorablyexternal-link.png.

2. Deceiving

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

3. Distracting

And then there’s what Ryan didn’t talk about.

Ryan didn’t mention his extremist stance on banning all abortions with no exception for rape or incest, a stance that is out of touch with 75% of American votersexternal-link.png.

Ryan didn’t mention his previous plan to hand over Social Security to Wall Street.

Ryan didn’t mention his numerous votes to raise spending and balloon the deficit when George W. Bush was presidentexternal-link.png.

You'll never guess where this is from. <------ Click for full article.

Too late. I've been told by way too many people on HB that I am not to believe a single word that comes out of Fox News.

Who said that? Plenty of talk about bias from Fox . . . which is accurate. Did someone actually say to not believe a single word?

Sorry, I was trying to be funny and engage in a little hyperbole. No, nobody actually said don't believe a single word from Fox. Although, I am pretty sure none of the people I was referring to ever said to believe Fox News so I guess we can arrive at the same place by process of elimination.

Too late. I've been told by way too many people on HB that I am not to believe a single word that comes out of Fox News.

Who said that? Plenty of talk about bias from Fox . . . which is accurate. Did someone actually say to not believe a single word?

Well, actually, yes.

Why, why, why do you so staunchly support Fox news when you know they are full of it? That's what I don't get. It's not even that they promote another viewpoint - they out and out lie.

Fox news is the only "news" source to ever sue to win the right to lie to their audience. How can you possibly trust that?

By all means, show me where I'm wrong in any of the posts I make deriding Fox. Point out the mistake. You don't, and you can't, because I'm not. Fox is a propaganda engine. Failing to see that is contributing to the mess this country is in.

Link

• Fire 1

Well, actually, yes.

Why, why, why do you so staunchly support Fox news when you know they are full of it? That's what I don't get. It's not even that they promote another viewpoint - they out and out lie.

Fox news is the only "news" source to ever sue to win the right to lie to their audience. How can you possibly trust that?

By all means, show me where I'm wrong in any of the posts I make deriding Fox. Point out the mistake. You don't, and you can't, because I'm not. Fox is a propaganda engine. Failing to see that is contributing to the mess this country is in.

Link

Would you point out the part that said not to believe a single word? :dunno

• Fire 1

Well, actually, yes.

Link

Would you point out the part that said not to believe a single word? :dunno

I'll speak in support of JJ here. I would paraphrase what he quoted of my post to say, "Don't believe a single word coming from Fox." I have no problem saying that.

If JJ then chooses to agree with that and disbelieve the veracity of the OP... that's a very interesting development from his end. But in general, it's safe to say that Fox is about as rich as any other pile of manure. So JJ and I agree on that. :thumbs

I must admit that I only saw the last 1-2 minutes of Ryans speech (or as some prefer-bundle of lies). I have no basis to know if the article linked is accurate or not. My only attempt in commenting here, about knapps Fox News source, was humor. It's not that I actually believe it or disbelieve it.

Why the surprise?

Fox has a number of liberal contributors: Juan Williams, Bob Bechtel, Joe Trippi, Maura Liason, etc. Of course, those who never listen or only spout the mainstream line about how they are all liars wouldn't possibly know that.

What isn't surprising is that this particular HB post seizes upon one opinion in a "gotcha moment" and of course............IT must be the truth !!

Any objective reader of her trashing might be alerted by her self-serving fixation with the term EXTREME.

Sally has a right to her opinion, but it is likely more suited to a space on the likes of Huffington.

Why the surprise?

Fox has a number of liberal contributors: Juan Williams, Bob Bechtel, Joe Trippi, Maura Liason, etc. Of course, those who never listen or only spout the mainstream line about how they are all liars wouldn't possibly know that.

What isn't surprising is that this particular HB post seizes upon one opinion in a "gotcha moment" and of course............IT must be the truth !!

Any objective reader of her trashing might be alerted by her self-serving fixation with the term EXTREME.

Sally has a right to her opinion, but it is likely more suited to a space on the likes of Huffington.

Any comments on the speech itself? Does it concern you that the bulk of it was blatant lies?

Why the surprise?

Any comments on the speech itself? Does it concern you that the bulk of it was blatant lies?

LOVED the speech...........Loved his energy..........Loved his multi-generational appeal................Loved his earnestness........

(and it wasn't lies)..........here is a quick summary of fact check.....

EDIT.