Boise State Vs. Michigan State

Blackshirts007

ESPN just said a lot of nice things about Solich and Ohio. (I didn't want to make a new topic).

They referred to Ohio twice as the "MAC Champions", NIU won the MAC, are they retarded?

On the RB thing it just seems like the rest of the Conference's obsession with that game has seemed to perplex/annoy some of you in the past, and yea yea I get it you guys won some trophies or something.

The good news is I think our defense will have a pretty simple game plan to shut down their offense. The big question is can we run the ball against their front 4. I'm guessing no. So it comes down to Taylor's passing against their QB. Advantage us. Kicking game: advantage us. We got this.

Bell alone outgained the entire Boise State offense.

That would be a lot more significant if not for the fact they only ran 6 more plays than he did.

40+ carries will do that for you.

50 touches for a RB is simply unreal for the first game of the season.

That's beyond video game numbers. No way he lasts a whole season like that. Not even a concern in my mind.

Sloppy first game for both teams. Bell is a beast. MSU defense also looked solid. It will be interesting to see how MSU improves especially at QB as Maxwell gets more games. Before Maxwell sees us he will have gone through many good teams including OSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. So, one game does not tell all.

Boise St. really had no running game and also a new QB. The MSU turnovers kept them in it. Both teams brought pressure on the QB and made both QB's look bad. We cannot give Maxwell any time...if we bring major pressure and sacks and limit Bell as much as we can we can hold the score down on them. Just not sure if we will be able to move the ball all that much against MSU. Could be a low scoring slugfest.