Tunnel Walk

np_husker

Agree that in the stadium it seemed bland compared to the early years.

And as an aside, is it too much to ask for current scores to be updated? Outside of continually running the Top 25, concurrent games were ignored (kept waiting for PSU/Ohio updates that never occurred.) It seems paramount in the production view to give us such timely info as WHEN later games will start. Who gives a rip? Give me something pertinent. End of rant.

Wow...that was pretty bad. And you're the man, Rex, but could've done without that.

And IMHO...Tunnel Walk will never be great until they ditch that damn Alan Parsons Project. I know...blasphemy, how could you, blah blah...Always hated it, always will.

Wow...that was pretty bad. And you're the man, Rex, but could've done without that.

And IMHO...Tunnel Walk will never be great until they ditch that damn Alan Parsons Project. I know...blasphemy, how could you, blah blah...Always hated it, always will.

You can keep Sirius and still have an awesome video. Just look at the 2009 video. One song for a pump up video and Sirius for the actual tunnel walk. I'm not big on Sirius either btw.

Let me just say this. Huskervision is not producing the Tunnel walk. The last tunnel walk they made completely from start to finish was in 2006. Snitily Carr, a local ad agency has been creating them for a very long time. In return they get some box seats to the game. The idea for the tunnel walk though is created by Huskervision, and since 2006 I think it has been very stale. I said this ealier, but it's essentially just the same thing every year. "5 Nation titles, 3 Heisman winners, 300-some academic all Americans, etc etc etc" They throw in some flash graphics, cut out some memorable players from the past... it's been the same for a long time now and for some reason they refuse to get creative with it.

I had a long talk with my wife yesterday about it. (She's the one that sparked the idea for the "In The Deed the Glory" vid), and we just talked about a general lack of interest to getting the stadium excited, and a large part of it starts with a lack of effort on the tunnel walk.

I want to get the feeling that the players and coaches are emotional and passionate about the game. Go and shoot something in the stadium with the players, write a script of some sort similar to what we did in 2006, and bring back the emotion and stop with the graphics. I know they can do it because the best tunnel walk of all time was produced completely in house by the Huskervision full timers in 2006.

• Fire 3

Let me just say this. Huskervision is not producing the Tunnel walk. The last tunnel walk they made completely from start to finish was in 2006. Snitily Carr, a local ad agency has been creating them for a very long time. In return they get some box seats to the game. The idea for the tunnel walk though is created by Huskervision, and since 2006 I think it has been very stale. I said this ealier, but it's essentially just the same thing every year. "5 Nation titles, 3 Heisman winners, 300-some academic all Americans, etc etc etc" They throw in some flash graphics, cut out some memorable players from the past... it's been the same for a long time now and for some reason they refuse to get creative with it.

I had a long talk with my wife yesterday about it. (She's the one that sparked the idea for the "In The Deed the Glory" vid), and we just talked about a general lack of interest to getting the stadium excited, and a large part of it starts with a lack of effort on the tunnel walk.

I want to get the feeling that the players and coaches are emotional and passionate about the game. Go and shoot something in the stadium with the players, write a script of some sort similar to what we did in 2006, and bring back the emotion and stop with the graphics. I know they can do it because the best tunnel walk of all time was produced completely in house by the Huskervision full timers in 2006.

greatest thing to come out of the Callahan era..

I loved that video. I wish they would do more of those for the tunnel walk!

i honestly didn't care for the 2006 tunnel walk all the much. If i had to rank all of the tunnel walks, it would be in the middle. 2009 was by far my favorite..and a surprising 2nd would be 2004 (yes I know it was a bad year and a callahan year) but it is different than any other with the "construction" of a national championship trophy.