4.5 point favorites over UCLA

What are your thoughts on the spread?

I come in peace.

Anybody need info on Pasadena,post it up...I've lived here for 5 decades.

A four and a half point spread? If we don't surpass that by at least sevenfold it'll be the most grotesque display of ugliness the world has ever witnessed...kinda like when I found out I was taking Meg Griffin to prom.

thPuke.gif

Lines aren't determined by some mythical group of guys running things in Vegas...the initial ones are set by experts and then move according to the action on them. The reason that lines are usually a good thing to look at is that contrary to what people believe, the lines don't move because of public or fan money (As in, a bunch of cornhusker fans betting on Nebraska isn't the reason a line would move in our favor). The main reason they move is that most of the money on these games is placed by extremely informed betting sharps who make their living (or a ton of money aside from a regular job perhaps) betting on sports. Looks like the line has already moved from 4.5 to 5.5 which tells you something I guess.

Don't forget that the game is at UCLA which is essentially 3 points in their favor over what it would be on a neutral field.

Lines aren't determined by some mythical group of guys running things in Vegas...the initial ones are set by experts and then move according to the action on them. The reason that lines are usually a good thing to look at is that contrary to what people believe, the lines don't move because of public or fan money (As in, a bunch of cornhusker fans betting on Nebraska isn't the reason a line would move in our favor). The main reason they move is that most of the money on these games is placed by extremely informed betting sharps who make their living (or a ton of money aside from a regular job perhaps) betting on sports. Looks like the line has already moved from 4.5 to 5.5 which tells you something I guess.

Don't forget that the game is at UCLA which is essentially 3 points in their favor over what it would be on a neutral field.

Actually the Vegas lines moves up or down to ensure relatively equal betting on both sides so that no matter which team loses the "house" always wins.

Which means that if a bunch of Husker fans are placing bets on a 4.5 spread it goes up to get people to place bets on UCLA.