Question on NCAA rules

I'm sure they'd view a friend of a player far differently than a complete stranger.

Anyone who was friends with the player before their junior season of high school can pretty much do whatever as long as the relationship doesn't change significantly. Like if the friend normally never gave gifts to the person, they can't suddenly decide that they like them more and buy them a car. They have to be consistent.

If they happen to have been a millionaire family friend and bought them gifts from the time they were 5, they can keep doing so. Same goes with maintaining contact.

I'm sure they'd view a friend of a player far differently than a complete stranger.

Anyone who was friends with the player before their junior season of high school can pretty much do whatever as long as the relationship doesn't change significantly. Like if the friend normally never gave gifts to the person, they can't suddenly decide that they like them more and buy them a car. They have to be consistent.

If they happen to have been a millionaire family friend and bought them gifts from the time they were 5, they can keep doing so. Same goes with maintaining contact.

Exactly, which is why I'm sure the NCAA wouldn't look at a situation like that and just put a blanket rule over it. Although, they have done that with the helmet rules.

:confucius

I don't understand the last several posts here. Did you guys not read the NCAA rule about boosters I posted?

No joke - the NCAA will consider a fan to be a booster if they have a reasonably active level of involvement in the team. I would imagine that if I were not already a booster, I would be considered a booster due to my involvement with HuskerBoard. Same goes for about 50% of the members here.

I will guarantee you the NCAA will consider the people in this thread "boosters" for the purposes of their rules. Are we all boosters by our definition? Probably not. And would anything we say here get UNL in trouble with the NCAA? Almost certainly not. But for the protection of the student-athletes, they will be very liberal in their interpretations of their rules, and something as simple as contact at a High School football game could be interpreted by the NCAA as impermissible contact.

I absolutely guarantee you this will happen in the next five years. It may only be a secondary violation, but who knows what the NCAA will do?

Evil plan of college football domination:

1400 of us defect. Each SEC team gets 100 of us to become "boosters". Give high fives, give $100, or give small "gifts" of motorcycles, cars, women, whatever - to recruits to our designated team. Do it blatantly enough that Bret Bullemia notices and cries foul. Get caught, get the school on NCAA sanctions, get banned as a booster for that school then rotate to a new SEC school. If Penn St is going to hurt after 4 years, think what will happen to the SEC after 14! Sunbelt, here we come!

• Fire 1

1400 of us defect. Each SEC team gets 100 of us to become "boosters". Give high fives, give $100, or give small "gifts" of motorcycles, cars, women, whatever - to recruits to our designated team. Do it blatantly enough that Bret Bullemia notices and cries foul. Get caught, get the school on NCAA sanctions, get banned as a booster for that school then rotate to a new SEC school. If Penn St is going to hurt after 4 years, think what will happen to the SEC after 14! Sunbelt, here we come!

I'll provide the ladies.

I'll provide the ladies.

The one's in your dreams don't count.

I'll provide the ladies.

The one's in your dreams don't count.

I don't dream of women. I dream of cars and manly things like playing for Nebraska and such.