Will We Become IOWA?

Flood

I say no.

We demand better and usually get it. I posted this for some thoughtful (I hope) banter on this subject.

I am going to reserve judgment until the end of the season and right now I think Bo deserves a few more years. But that really IS the point, I suppose. In Iowa, they are ALWAYS giving the 4 million dollar man a "few more years".

Even as they have done this, Nebraska has turned in more wins, more quality wins, and always done better.

I truly believe Bo gets a couple more years to show us what he's got. I have been thinking next year, 2013, is the year in which we can accurately judge Bo and his team. At this point, we owe it to ourselves, I think. If we do less than a BCS bowl next year, I will have Bo on the hot seat in my mind. That may make no difference to our school admin, but I have thought that 2013 was the real test. If we perform and do well this year, it is a bonus.

But, at what point do we rethink and consider a change? I say it is too soon.

But we don't dare turn into Texas A&M (currently paying 4 coaches salaries with no results), or worse, turn into Iowa (paying ONE mediocre coach 4 mil a year with no results) and we risk it at some point in the future.

What year or point is the time we need to worry about?

I think we're already down and have been down this road. Seems like with Solich and Pelini we have the 'always a brides maid never a bride' mentality. Never great never bad but just good enough. One problem I believe is the inexperienced assistant coaches. Something will give sooner or later. These years of 9 or so wins will either make or break us. If we would be able to get some good signature wins in our next couple seasons against non-conference teams then things will change....otherwise you might see some coaches getting the boot. *Crossed fingers on a lineman coach*

To 10 Reasons Nebraska will not become Iowa:

10) Iowa fans are fanatical AND stupid...Nebraska fans are just fanatical

9) Nebraska would not reward a mediocre coach with a mediocre record by making him the highest paid state employee and by putting all his kids through school on the state's dime

8) Pelini fired his brother...Ferentz hired his kid.

7) Iowa has trees that drunken football players can urinate on on Saturday nights after a game...in Nebraska they have to use the sides of buildings

6) Nebraska will never lose to their in-state rival two years in a row

5) Nebraska has a football tradition to fall back on if all else fails...Iowa just falls and fails

4) Nebraska builds depth through a quality walk-on program...Iowa builds depth through a quality work-release program.

3) Nebraska Strength and Conditioning program attempts to strengthen and condition players...Iowa's Strength and Conditioning Program attempts to kill players

2) Obama would never come to Lincoln to give a campaign speech...

and the #1 reason Nebraska will never become Iowa...

1) Iowa stops the run better than Nebraska....

To 10 Reasons Nebraska will not become Iowa:

10) Iowa fans are fanatical AND stupid...Nebraska fans are just fanatical

9) Nebraska would not reward a mediocre coach with a mediocre record by making him the highest paid state employee and by putting all his kids through school on the state's dime

8) Pelini fired his brother...Ferentz hired his kid.

7) Iowa has trees that drunken football players can urinate on on Saturday nights after a game...in Nebraska they have to use the sides of buildings

6) Nebraska will never lose to their in-state rival two years in a row

5) Nebraska has a football tradition to fall back on if all else fails...Iowa just falls and fails

4) Nebraska builds depth through a quality walk-on program...Iowa builds depth through a quality work-release program.

3) Nebraska Strength and Conditioning program attempts to strengthen and condition players...Iowa's Strength and Conditioning Program attempts to kill players

2) Obama would never come to Lincoln to give a campaign speech...

and the #1 reason Nebraska will never become Iowa...

1) Iowa stops the run better than Nebraska....

:lol:

Glad you stopped in Cy