THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

coop

i think the state of the big ten as a whole is in turmoil. none of us can compete on the national stage.

We lost on the road by 6...a loss sure but not bad.

The second most yards ever in school history doesn't throw some giant red flags to you? The only worse amount was run up in the Wilkinson era at OU when they went 47 strait. And technically had UCLA not taken knees to end the game, it would have been the most ever. EVER. Worse than Cosgrove.

i think the state of the big ten as a whole is in turmoil. none of us can compete on the national stage.

We lost on the road by 6...a loss sure but not bad.

The second most yards ever in school history doesn't throw some giant red flags to you? The only worse amount was run up in the Wilkinson era at OU when they went 47 strait. And technically had UCLA not taken knees to end the game, it would have been the most ever. EVER. Worse than Cosgrove.

Red flags? Absolutely. We have a terrible DL and laughably slow and unathletic LBs. And even with that albatross we still only lost by six. And don't get me started on the missed tackles. Those missed tackles were the worst. So yes we have some very serious issues especially on defense. But I'm not willing to conceed the season just yet. Although I conceed that if we don't get our sh** together on defense we actually could be 7-5 at the end of the regular season. But we have 10 full regular season games left. I'm going to hope Bo can turn this ship around and square the D away.

i was never in favor of coach penili being hired, i had allway wish nu would have hired the kansas state coach, synder(though he is getting old)...this guy takes a bunch or 2 and 3 stars, and makes them play above there ability, or he has a sense who to recruit....another thing i have not like in the past 2 or 3 yrs, the assisstants being hiredl......just too many with no track record......at the beginning of the season, i said 3 or 4 looses.....took some heat,,but i will stand by that..i liked ucla,s speed, and they looked very physical...looks like any team that is a passing team, ,,will have a tough time with ucla,,,,they get great penetration wiith the pass defense,,,impressive,,that was the story of the second half

SERIOUSLY...STFU! we got outplayed by a team that wanted it more than we did...moving on to next week.

You are so right...no need to be a Chicken Little about the whole thing. Nebraska played very well on offense in the first half. Yes, the Nebraska defense did not seem to make the same half-time adjustments that the Bruins did, but no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater. And while statistically there was an edge to UCLA, the game was not finally decided until Nebraska's failed onside kick with just a minute or so left in the game.

At least it was a very watchable game -- very enjoyable from beginning to end.

So all the National experts don't have a clue about UCLA's talent level and how good they really are? Give me a break! They aren't even ranked and are playing true freshman for god sakes!

So i dont agree with whomever said we dont know how good UCLA is. Yes we do! Nobody said they were going to be an easy win! But good enough that the Huskers with all the experience we have cant beat them? Hardly!

Give me a break and stop giving these coaches a pass!

So all the National experts don't have a clue about UCLA's talent level and how good they really are? Give me a break! They aren't even ranked and are playing true freshman for god sakes!

So i dont agree with whomever said we dont know how good UCLA is. Yes we do! Nobody said they were going to be an easy win! But good enough that the Huskers with all the experience we have cant beat them? Hardly!

Give me a break and stop giving these coaches a pass!

"Nobody said they were going to be an easy (Nebrasksa) win." WHAT!!! Virtually everyone who posted on this site was confident of a Husker victory and by a LARGE margin. There were only 2 or 3 posts that I read that urged caution because of the unknowns about the Bruins. You can look it up.

Why can't you accept the possibility that UCLA might be a lot better than you (and a lot of other people) thought? Why is that such a threat to your program? I do not get it.

Bluleif,

UCLA might be great,winning 2 national champioships in the next 3 years...i dont know. the "threat" isnt UCLA, the threat is ourselves and what our program has allowed itself to become . i just know having been a nebraskan for almost 50 years, we came to expect a level of play, commitment, and focus from our football program that we havent seen in a decade. this whole website is just a replay of itself for a long time now. if you could go back 3,5,7,10 years, you'd see the same comments, posts, fire whoever. wheres the fire posts. congrats to UCLA, they were the better team.

SERIOUSLY...STFU! we got outplayed by a team that wanted it more than we did...moving on to next week.

That's not a problem to you?

Sure I'm mad about it but I'm not about ready to go on a Fire the whole coaching staff rant like many on this board. That was a damn good team we played whether people want to admit it or not...and if they don't think so they have their head in the sand. At least we aren't Arkansas getting beat at home by a nobody. Wait, I'm sure they are probably in the process of replacing the whole coaching staff as I type this...(insert sarcasm here)

Our dline and lb's got owned by FRESHMAN. How does that not bother you? We have games like this every year where we meltdown, how does this not bother you? How come we always have games with mental errors, how does that not bother you? We almost gave up the most yards ever, how does that not bother you? We get ouplayed by lesser teams every year, how does that not bother you?

A caller on KFAB's after game show made this comment and I agree: "We know how good we are (Nebraska) but we don't really know how good UCLA is. They could go on to win the rest of their games with the exception of maybe USC." How will we feel about our boys then? Sure, we have lots of room for improvement but we can make changes. Look at how much we've changed from last year to this year? Look at how much better our O-Line is playing this year than last. Taylor is playing better than last year. Our defense needs work, especially in learning how to tackle. I loved how Stafford played tonight though and SJB.

My biggest gripe was why in the world did we stop running the ball? We could've calmly and collectively moved the ball down the field every time we had it. But Beck would switch to the pass. Why? Also, our boys don't keep their eyes on the ball-they watch the player! Then when the player doesn't have the ball and they follow him they miss the play who actually does have the ball! Blah! And, they don't run to the ball on defense. They wait for the guy with the ball to come to them. THAT made me so crazy tonight.

So, while I agree that we need work and lots of it, I'm not ready to fire the whole staff either. What if we would've won? What then? Would we be calling for jobs then?

It's unfortunate, but we really do know how good ucla is....and they are not very. I am pretty confident they will lose 5 games this year....which makes us look even worse.

Do we? I thought they looked pretty good, considering they played mostly freshmen and sophomores. Just think what they will look like in a couple more years. For me, it remains to be seen how good UCLA will be by the end of the year. :)

Exactly our point, this team GOT BEAT MY FRESHMAN AND SOPHOMORES. How do you get outplayed by freshman and sophomores? If youre a good team, that would never happen.

Defensive Line play was horrible. How many times did they give up the edge, or actually get in the backfield and miss tackles? Compton got burnt a couple times, but he's good at several other things. Secondary was burnt a couple times; but if SJB raises his arms 6 inches, or if PJ Smith can catch an errant pass thrown almost straight to him, we're probably celebrating a Husker win. Do we have a screen play in the playbook? Counter/Counter Sweep? Those would've been money, especially at the end.

This wasn't like Northwestern last year. We didn't come out flat, or look disinterested, and we certainly didn't look like we didn't want to win. What is probably more accurate is that we got outplayed by a better team last night. And they were 6-8 last year. Athletically, I didn't see a huge difference between the two teams.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but that wasn't a fluky loss. They gashed us to the tune of 650+ yards, and they dominated field position. That's just good execution.

And I will NOT Stop Touching Friends Underwear. That's what I do, son. ;)

Heres the thing, how many years are we going to be seeing the blown assignments, missed tackles, and other fundamental errors on D. No offence but we have been seeing this for years now. The only thing i can see is that we didnt have alot of penalties these past few games, not like it used to be. We have talent on D but it needs to be taught. Im not saying its bo but its something