LBs, D-Line, O-line, and Martinez are not going to get it done

Whaley and Fisher should not see another down. Put somebody else in or just stay in the dime package every down.

D-Line: Meredith and Steinkuhler seem to have gotten worse over the last 2 years. Ankrah and Martin can't tackle.

Oline: Did anyone expect 3 walkons from Nebraska coached by Barney Cotton to block some of the top scholarship talent in California?

Martinez is to inconsistent to win championships

Whaley and Fisher should not see another down. Put somebody else in or just stay in the dime package every down.

D-Line: Meredith and Steinkuhler seem to have gotten worse over the last 2 years. Ankrah and Martin can't tackle.

Oline: Did anyone expect 3 walkons from Nebraska coached by Barney Cotton to block some of the top scholarship talent in California?

Our offense had 400+ yards and 30 points...that should be good enough to win any game. I agree we have issues on defense but your lumping Cotton and the offense into your criticism is clearly not warranted.

• Fire 3

Did you watch the second half? The defense only gave up 10 points and Nebraska could not score a touchdown. Both the defensive front 7 and o-line were terrible. Martinez completed 54% of his passes.

The game was tied at halftime. Bo finally went to the Dime and the defense got better while the offense crumbled.

Did you watch the second half? The defense only gave up 10 points and Nebraska could not score a touchdown. Both the defensive front 7 and o-line were terrible. Martinez completed 54% of his passes.

Yep. Two 100 yard rushers and nearly 200 yards passing with no false starts or holding calls...utterly horrible. But sure, completely ignore the fact that our defense gave up over 600 yards and couldn't stop UCLA when it counted.

The defense at least showed improvement in the second half and gave Martinez a chance to win it at the end of the game... and he threw an interception when it mattered most.

Hard for the offense to put points up on the board when your drives start inside the 20. The pass was bad, Martinez probably was hungry for a big play since we hardly had the ball all game. Still one interception is not what lost the game.

• Fire 2

The defense at least showed improvement in the second half and gave Martinez a chance to win it at the end of the game... and he threw an interception when it mattered most.

Now if you want to call OC Tim Beck a complete idiot for mysteriously moving away from running out of the I then you'll have a really strong argument. We ran that short toss out the I on one series like 7 times in a row, moved the ball down the field and then got into FG range, went away from it and never came back. Gawd Beck was dumb in doing that.

I couldn't figure out why, with the Huskers having the ball at their own 3 yard line why we didn't go back to running out of the I. Ridiculous.

UCLA's 344 rushing yards were the problem. Abdullah looked good when he was in.

Sorry about being a dick in the other thread...I'm just a little pissed right now given how bad our DL is.

Really? Giving up 300+ yards rushing isn't good? The hell you say... :thumbs

I don't know why but we just can not seem to recruit top notch DT or DEs any more.

Now if you want to call OC Tim Beck a complete idiot for mysteriously moving away from running out of the I then you'll have a really strong argument. We ran that short toss out the I on one series like 7 times in a row, moved the ball down the field and then got into FG range, went away from it and never came back. Gawd Beck was dumb in doing that.

I couldn't figure out why, with the Huskers having the ball at their own 3 yard line why we didn't go back to running out of the I. Ridiculous.

To me the best part is everytime we where backed up by our own endzone, we'd go to the shotgun, and even run the read option! I get that its about neutralizing overly aggressive DL, but there is a decently high risk/reward with the read option, and we saw it backfire on that safety. Wouldn't have mattered which read Martinez made.

You can't put this loss on Taylor at all. Sure he did throw the pick at the end. But he had 4 guys in his face all game and he handled ok i thought. The coaches did him no favors with there incompotent play calling. Oh well, next Saturday will be here before you know it and this disaster will be behind us.

• Fire 1

You can't put this loss on Taylor at all. Sure he did throw the pick at the end. But he had 4 guys in his face all game and he handled ok i thought. The coaches did him no favors with there incompotent play calling. Oh well, next Saturday will be here before you know it and this disaster will be behind us.

Agree. That loss wasn't on Martinez. I place the blame squarely on Beck. Just like Wisky last year. Heard was killing them and then Beck gets cute and wants to put Martinez in the pocket with an eight man rush, or run the zone read from the endzone or completely do nothing as it relates to play calling to make them pay for pinning their ears back.

• Fire 1

Totally dis agree with your take on Taylor. Last year maybe but he wasn't the problem. The times he looked bad yesterday were when Beck's play callong was questionable or when the Cotton Line laid down and let the UCLA D get to him.

T_O_B

G>B>R

:bigredn: