Arkansas State is #4 in total offense with 575 yards/game

JTrain

Some of that was against Oregon's second team in the fourth quarter, but still impressive. Arkansas State is pretty far removed from the cupcake category at this point. Gus Malzahn already has their offense playing at a high level. They don't have the talent level UCLA does, but it will still be an interesting test and rebound opportunity for the defensive coaches and players.

1 Oklahoma State 659.0

2 UCLA :throwdabones1: 649.5

3 Marshall 580.0

4 Arkansas State 574.5

5 Oregon 568.5

NCAA has them listed as 7th...but not that that makes a hell of a lot of difference. And if it's any consolation, they're ranked 48th in Scoring Offense. But that's not much of a consolation either

Some of that was against Oregon's second team in the fourth quarter, but still impressive. Arkansas State is pretty far removed from the cupcake category at this point. Gus Malzahn already has their offense playing at a high level. They don't have the talent level UCLA does, but it will still be an interesting test and rebound opportunity for the defensive coaches and players.

1 Oklahoma State 659.0

2 UCLA :throwdabones1: 649.5

3 Marshall 580.0

4 Arkansas State 574.5

5 Oregon 568.5

NCAA has them listed as 7th...but not that that makes a hell of a lot of difference. And if it's any consolation, they're ranked 48th in Scoring Offense. But that's not much of a consolation either

I bet we shut em down.... chuckleshuffle

We are so fundamentally flawed that I don't see how we turn things completely around by this game. Not against a high powered offense like this with the way our D is playing. We should win becuase their defense is poor and our offense is good despite our second half performance last week. It is at home and we play much better there as of late. I just hope we shack things up on defense. Get some new guys out there.

Ark St is 15th in Rushing Offense. Nebraska is 16th

Ark St is 16th in Passing Offense. Nebraska is 48th

Ark St is 101st in Rushing Defense. Nebraska is 115th :facepalm:

Ark St is 71st in Passing Defense. Nebraska is 45th

Ark St is 48th in Scoring Offense. Nebraska is 25th.

Scoring Defense stats were unavailable on the NCAA site. But this is not going to be a cakewalk in Memorial. This Ark St, based on these stats, is not that bad. They lost to Oregon, 57-34 and beat Memphis, 33-28.

NCAA FBS Stats Page

Scoring Defense stats were unavailable on the NCAA site. But this is not going to be a cakewalk in Memorial. This Ark St, based on these stats, is not that bad. They lost to Oregon, 57-34 and beat Memphis, 33-28.

Thanks for the stats. I still think we win at home, but yes it could go either way.

I know last year the problem was with stopping mobile QB's; Wilson, Robinson, Colter and Shaw.

Do you feel like the Huskers are any better at containing scramblers this year than last?

I watched the UCLA game but not as closely as you guys probably did. Hundley seemed mobile but looking at the stat line he didn't kill you guys on the ground. Is that true? Was it just the threat that he could that hurt you guys?

I ask because ASU's QB, Ryan Aplin, seems to be a decent rusher. Around 1300 yards and 26 TD's in his career as a runner. That could be something to look at.

Not sure if it'll be an issue, the problem seems to be just tackling in general. Anyhow I think the Huskers will beat the Wolves pretty handily and work out some of their frustrations. All will be well on HB this time next week. :)

Question here... I know last year the problem was with stopping mobile QB's; Wilson, Robinson, Colter and Shaw.

Do you feel like the Huskers are any better at containing scramblers this year than last?

I watched the UCLA game but not as closely as you guys probably did. Hundley seemed mobile but looking at the stat line he didn't kill you guys on the ground. Is that true? Was it just the threat that he could that hurt you guys?

I ask because ASU's QB, Ryan Aplin, seems to be a decent rusher. Around 1300 yards and 26 TD's in his career as a runner. That could be something to look at.

Not sure if it'll be an issue, the problem seems to be just tackling in general. Anyhow I think the Huskers will beat the Wolves pretty handily and work out some of their frustrations. All will be well on HB this time next week. :)

The problem with Hundley was that he got away at key times. He kept drives alive. It wasn't necessarily that he torched the D running, but he broke free at key times.

NCAA FBS Stats Page

Wow.