Common thread with the last regime

DJR313

I apologize if this has been hashed and rehashed, but I do not see discussed anywhere. Just as with Callahan, I am beginning to tire of Pelini stating "we didn't execute" after losses. I remember Callahan was nearly lynched for this crap, but I don't really see Pelini get called out for doing this. I am not calling for anyone's blood here, but just an observation I had. As a leader you cannot continually blame your team for failure to execute without having to look in the mirror and eventually "point the thumb." At some point their lack of execution, is a reflection in coaching, development and communication. Perhaps I am drawing a comparison that is not there, but after listening to some snippets from the post game press conference, I felt like I was having déjà vu. I do however feel that Pelini is not beyond hope as Callahan was, but feel that how he rallies this team will show what kind of leader he really is. Thoughts?

At least he didn't say, "we just didn't want it bad enough.' Oh wait...that was the players.

Maybe someday we'll have players that 'do want it bad enough' and then Pelini can say 'they did execute.' But by saying that, it just goes back to coaching and recruiting, so ultimately it's still on Pelini.

The problem with Callahan is that he and his f-buddy Cosgrove would walk into the press conference after a blowout loss holding hands and tell everybody that they were doing everything perfect and it was all the players' faults.

Bo, on the other hand, most always takes the blame. Stating, "We didn't execute," isn't a shot at his players. It's a true statement.

• Fire 2

DJR, I agree this is a common thread - the annoyance with this type of coachspeak - but when Callahan was blasted for it, that was unfair, too. Just as it is now.

For one thing, both Bo and Callahan regularly pointed the thumb and took blame for their losses.

And on the other hand, this kind of message is the right one that coaches need to send. These coaches preach execution to their players all day long. When they don't do it, they need to be held accountable, rather than given excuses. On the other hand, the HC and the players are all in this together, and I think both parties understand that.

Fans are impossible to appease after a loss; there is just no way. The implication tied in with this particular dissatisfaction is that coaches are ducking responsibility for losing the chess match. But do you really think this staff isn't picking up two minutes after the press conference and going over everything that went wrong, trying to fix it?

DJR, I agree this is a common thread - the annoyance with this type of coachspeak - but when Callahan was blasted for it, that was unfair, too. Just as it is now.

For one thing, both Bo and Callahan regularly pointed the thumb and took blame for their losses.

And on the other hand, this kind of message is the right one that coaches need to send. These coaches preach execution to their players all day long. When they don't do it, they need to be held accountable, rather than given excuses. On the other hand, the HC and the players are all in this together, and I think both parties understand that.

Fans are impossible to appease after a loss; there is just no way. The implication tied in with this particular dissatisfaction is that coaches are ducking responsibility for losing the chess match. But do you really think this staff isn't picking up two minutes after the press conference and going over everything that went wrong, trying to fix it?

Have to give you props zoogies...I couldn't even think about listening to Callaclown and anything he had to say about those insane losses.