What others are saying about Nebraska.

What is going to help Nebraska and all of us in the B1G is for all of us together to bring this conference back. That means the conference in general will have to step up our games and this will vault Nebraska back as well. Nebraska will be back!

Thanks Woody.

Problem is, as long as Delaney wants the B1G wants to be the "Paladin of College Athletics", the B1G will be fighting with one arm tied behind its back. We see this in baseball and it's rules that hamstring all of the programs competing.

Is Delaney right in implementing things like oversigning rules? Yes. But taking the moral high ground wins few games--it should be in the B1G's interests to see Delaney working feverishly to get rules changed across the board.

In the late 80's and very early 90's, the exact same things could have been and more than likely were said about us. Then, we recruit Frazier and wha la everything else is history. Frazier by most standards wasn't even that elite of a recruit considering only us and Notre Dame were going to give him a shot at QB. However, Frazier had moxxy and he lifted this entire team. A lot of Frazier's teammates didn't like him, but they respected the heck out of him. Combined with Frazier and the defense switching gears to a 4-3 and recruiting boatloads of speed, we had our run in the 90's. We have speed, but it just hasn't been seeing the field. Sometimes, it just takes that one dynamic player. Look how Auburn has turned out since Newton left. When one looks at some of the troubles the SEC is having now especially with drugs and such, they will eventually be asked and then required to clean up their act. This will end the SEC domination.

In the late 80's and very early 90's, the exact same things could have been and more than likely were said about us. Then, we recruit Frazier and wha la everything else is history. Frazier by most standards wasn't even that elite of a recruit considering only us and Notre Dame were going to give him a shot at QB. However, Frazier had moxxy and he lifted this entire team. A lot of Frazier's teammates didn't like him, but they respected the heck out of him. Combined with Frazier and the defense switching gears to a 4-3 and recruiting boatloads of speed, we had our run in the 90's. We have speed, but it just hasn't been seeing the field. Sometimes, it just takes that one dynamic player. Look how Auburn has turned out since Newton left. When one looks at some of the troubles the SEC is having now especially with drugs and such, they will eventually be asked and then required to clean up their act. This will end the SEC domination.

you mean when we were finishing top 10-15 every year? I don't get nebraska fan's infatuation with comparing the current state of our program with the NU of the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. The only thing that compares is that were weren't winning national championships then either. But 120+ teams don't win them every year and you wouldn't compare many of them to our teams during that run.

Well, Nebraska getting trashed by ESPN talking heads certainly gets a lot of talk here.

So we should care that the ESPN talking heads are trashing us? They're stating something that was plain as day from what we all saw last Saturday?

So I'd say, yeah, quite a few people around here actually do care what the football world thinks of us.

Thats a very high school attitude...

Please point to the place in my post where I said people SHOULD care.. Go on, I'll wait. I guess in your mind pointing out the problem with your statement is high school attitude? That gives some pretty good insight into the poster, I'd say. You asked when any of us have cared about what the college football world thinks. I provided examples of when plenty of people actually DO care as evidenced by their threads and posts. Hell, this thread itself is proof some people here care.

Way to go.

you mean when we were finishing top 10-15 every year? I don't get nebraska fan's infatuation with comparing the current state of our program with the NU of the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. The only thing that compares is that were weren't winning national championships then either. But 120+ teams don't win them every year and you wouldn't compare many of them to our teams during that run.

In the late 80's and very early 90's, we were in the Big 8. The Big 8 was extremely soft in this time period. Coincidentally, we had a string of 8 bowl losses in there where some of those losses were just downright ugly. Even though we may have been ranked well at season's end, there was a lot of fans questioning the calibur of players we had. In 88', Miami thumped us 23-3. In 89, Florida State thumped us 41-17. In 90' we just about finished the season unranked falling in at #24 in the AP following the thumping Georgia Tech gave us at 45-21. In 91', Miami goosegged us at 22-0.

During this time period, the fans were really questioning both Charlie McBride and our overall team speed/talent. We could hang with the mid-tier programs, but we got manhandled and ran around against better teams. It was painful to watch our DB's get torched by the big and speedy WR's from the state of Florida. It's conceivable we still with the Big 10 this year. I'd say the Big 10 this year is very comparable to the Big 8 during that time period. We've already seen how Michigan stacked up against one of the big boys. Ohio State may very well be the best team in the Big 10 this year, but they won't be winning the conference.

So you're saying that today it is harder than ever to field successful teams year after year due to more teams competing to win the title and reduced amount of scholarships from when TO was the coach?.... Ok, then we agree on something.