Us Ambassador to Libya killed by Militants

The US Ambassador to Libya was killed trying to flee the consulate when rebels stormed the compound. The car he was in was bombed. It would appear our efforts to end harsh regimes in the Middle East has backfired once again.

http://gma.yahoo.com/u-s--ambassador-to-libya-christopher-stevens-killed-in-consulate-attack-in-benghazi.html

Democracy will never work there until the there is an intelligent electorate.

Anti-Islam movie sparks riots in Egypt; angry mob kills American in Libya

Film depicting Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a madman was funded by 100 Jewish donors, producer claims

By TIMES OF ISRAEL STAFF AND AP September 12, 2012, 4:16 am

A movie attacking Islam’s prophet Muhammad sparked assaults on US diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt on Tuesday. A Libyan security official reported an American was shot to death as protesters burned the US Consulate in Benghazi, and in Cairo, protesters scaled the walls of the US Embassy walls and replaced an American flag with an Islamic banner.

LINK

Here is an article about the movie. The terrorist strike against the U.S. embassy over this movie is reprehensible, and cannot be defended. But I wonder if the point of this movie was to offend Muslims and fan the flames? If so, it appears to have worked out nicely for the people who funded and produced this movie. And I'm not sure why the blowback is against the U.S.? Did Americans make this movie? It doesn't appear to be a Hollywood product--much too crappy for that.

This whole situation in that part of the world sickens me. Why does the U.S. feel the need to fight wars at the behest of other countries?

Nuke the middle east from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

We failed by effing up multiple nations, so we should kill millions of people we already screwed because a few fanatics can't be controlled by the instability we created?

. . . maybe krill needed to include the "insert sarcasm here" emoticon . . . I didn't think that anyone would actually take that seriously.

• Fire 1

although this is obviously tragic and senseless violence is inexcusable, i am going to make a joke:

i wonder if the anti-muslim movie was '2016: obama's america'?

again, i can not imagine what the families are going through and no one should suffer a fate such as the victims, but the joke regards national politics and not necessarily the situation abroad.

Nuke the middle east from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

We failed by effing up multiple nations, so we should kill millions of people we already screwed because a few fanatics can't be controlled by the instability we created?

. . . maybe krill needed to include the "insert sarcasm here" emoticon . . . I didn't think that anyone would actually take that seriously.

Maybe, but I have heard many people who were serious about their nuk'em attitude.

Regardless, I will let my statement stand on its own.

I had been against the NATO invasion of Libya from day one, and there has been almost a complete media B****** of the disaster we had helped create there.