Us Ambassador to Libya killed by Militants

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but you seem to be suggesting Israel have inspectors to look for nuclear weapon development. Israel already has nukes.

Everyone knows they have nukes, and the Sampson Option is also known by many.

What the Iranian concern is is that they do not want western spies acting as inspectors. Israel would not accept Iranian spies in their nuclear sites.

"Everyone knows", that sounds similar to what everyone was saying leading up to the Iraq war about Saddam and WMD's. Except we knew he had them because he used them, the Isreali's could be using the same tactic Saddam did and just letting everyone think they have Nukes to prevent war. While I honestly believe they have them, and some from the US, I have never been giving proof, so its conjecture.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but you seem to be suggesting Israel have inspectors to look for nuclear weapon development. Israel already has nukes.

Everyone knows they have nukes, and the Sampson Option is also known by many.

What the Iranian concern is is that they do not want western spies acting as inspectors. Israel would not accept Iranian spies in their nuclear sites.

tumblr_l92rzdvj4C1qbl73ro1_500.gif

knapp, you should read this:

#6. Iran Could Start a Crazy War at Any Minute!

Read more: 6 B.S. Myths You Probably Believe About America's 'Enemies' | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.c...l#ixzz26MwqVNfl

iran has a very progressive youth. i think they could become an ally if we approached it correctly. also, why should they not have nuclear power? they are a big nation with big energy demands. who are we to say they can not?

Iran does have a very progressive youth. Iran is an odd country - in large part due to their very destructive war with Iraq in the 1980s, they have a very young population controlled by a much smaller, older group of hard-liners:

DemoIR.JPG

The youth of Iran are not terribly dissimilar to American youth. They love sports, hanging out, they are very technologically astute, and they aren't all that interested in jihad or war with anyone, really.

I have been too busy to pay attention to the Romney comments, Mind filling me in?

http://www.washingto...gets-desperate/

I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.

Romney's error: it wasn't the Obama Administration's response . . . and the message Romney is attacking was issued before the attacks.

Not to mention that it's just a tad incendiary to accuse the president of sympathizing with the attackers to attempt to gain a political advantage.

Romney's foreign policy amateurism shows up again.

LINK

No other prominent Republican, even those who have vigorously criticized Obama in the past, has spoken out against the president on this issue. Sens. John McCain and Mitch McConnell, as well as House Speaker John Boehner, have stepped before microphones to condemn the attacks, mourn the deaths, and assert American unity in seeking justice. These politicians know, as Romney apparently doesn’t, that in these sorts of crises, the proper thing to do is to rally around the flag.

Ironically, it’s also the politically smart thing to do. Imagine if Romney had called President Obama, asked how he could be of assistance in this time of crisis, offered to appear at his side at a press conference to demonstrate that, when American lives are at risk, politics stop at the water’s edge—and then had his staff put out the word that he’d done these things, which would have made him look noble and might have made Obama look like the petty one if he’d waved away these offers.

But none of this is in Romney. He imagined a chink in Obama’s armor, an opening for a political assault on the president’s strength and leadership, and so he dashed to the barricades without a moment of reflection, a nod to propriety, or a smidgen of good strategy.

In what way did they help with the invasion of Afghanistan?

Sorry, I thought that was common knowledge.

I will have to wait till tonight to pull up some links.

We had company stop by last night, so I am posting this now.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-06-09-iran-taliban_x.htm

Members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards fought alongside and advised the Afghan rebels who helped U.S. forces topple Afghanistan's Taliban regime in the months after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the guards' former leader says.

Current and former U.S. troops and officials confirm Iranians were present with the Northern Alliance as U.S. forces organized the rebels in 2001. They say U.S. forces had no interaction with the Iranians. They deny the Iranians made meaningful contributions on the battlefield

http://www.mcclatchy...l#storylink=cpy

A Libyan security guard who said he was at the U.S. consulate here when it was attacked Tuesday night has provided new evidence that the assault on the compound that left four Americans dead, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya, was a planned attack by armed Islamists and not the outgrowth of a protest over an online video that mocks Islam and its founder, the Prophet Muhammad.

LINK

No other prominent Republican, even those who have vigorously criticized Obama in the past, has spoken out against the president on this issue. Sens. John McCain and Mitch McConnell, as well as House Speaker John Boehner, have stepped before microphones to condemn the attacks, mourn the deaths, and assert American unity in seeking justice. These politicians know, as Romney apparently doesn’t, that in these sorts of crises, the proper thing to do is to rally around the flag.

Ironically, it’s also the politically smart thing to do. Imagine if Romney had called President Obama, asked how he could be of assistance in this time of crisis, offered to appear at his side at a press conference to demonstrate that, when American lives are at risk, politics stop at the water’s edge—and then had his staff put out the word that he’d done these things, which would have made him look noble and might have made Obama look like the petty one if he’d waved away these offers.

But none of this is in Romney. He imagined a chink in Obama’s armor, an opening for a political assault on the president’s strength and leadership, and so he dashed to the barricades without a moment of reflection, a nod to propriety, or a smidgen of good strategy.

OH good friggen Lord....

When Bush was in office and we had troops on the ground in two different countries, the Dems politicized every move that was made to the max. It was happening the minute we started the fight after 9/11.

Now, I agree we need to rally around the flag and support our efforts here. But, Dems acting all pompous on this issue about makes me puke.