Big Ten schools are apparently dropping Notre Dame

WoodyHayes1951

The older fans in Oklahoma still miss the OU/NU games. The youngers ones don't have a freaking clue.

Experienced this first-hand when I went to Norman during the Callahan regime. Older fans were reassuring, were good to DoNU fans and reminded us that they had to go through three coaches (Gibb, Schellenberger, Blake) and a lost decade before they found Stoops.

The younger fans were all about the here and now, were in our face after the game (especially considering how it ended), and thought this was an apt result because, as far as they knew, the history of Nebraska/Oklahoma was lopsided in our favor.

Then again, much of this comes from the fan base and their expectations; the Nebraska fanbase expects the younger ones to catch up on history, as it is part of the culture.

Frankly, I wasn't even a twinkle in my parent's eye when the Game of the Century took place, but I own the DVD (with Bresmer's call, even) of it and other 1970/71 games, and can more than appreciate them.

My longstanding pipe-dream.

A 20 year home and home with Oklahoma.

This rivalry has been in the dustbin too long. No realistic chance, but I'd love it. No clue how the Domer's ACC deal will affect B1G scheduling. This will be interesting to watch, and is a dagger into the Big 12, I think. Texas, or its fans anyway, had been acting as though they, alone, would determine how things fell in realignment from here on out. I bet there's some shock happening in Austin right now. Looks like they are really, really stick at 10. Thirteen year GoR, and ACC is rumored to have a 50 mil buyout effective immediately, like today.

The Big12 and PAC merge into the Big20. the big10 contracts into a rotating series against Oklahoma, Texas, and Colorado. :D

I have absolutely no desire to have anything to do with any of these teams. Colorado simply sucks with pathetic fans and Oklahoma can keep licking the balls of Texas for all I care since that is what they believe they must do to survive. And, Texas will just keep dragging them around by their pony tails.