Big Ten schools are apparently dropping Notre Dame

WoodyHayes1951

My longstanding pipe-dream.

A 20 year home and home with Oklahoma.

This rivalry has been in the dustbin too long. No realistic chance, but I'd love it. No clue how the Domer's ACC deal will affect B1G scheduling. This will be interesting to watch, and is a dagger into the Big 12, I think. Texas, or its fans anyway, had been acting as though they, alone, would determine how things fell in realignment from here on out. I bet there's some shock happening in Austin right now. Looks like they are really, really stick at 10. Thirteen year GoR, and ACC is rumored to have a 50 mil buyout effective immediately, like today.

This rivalry has been in the dustbin too long. No realistic chance, but I'd love it. No clue how the Domer's ACC deal will affect B1G scheduling. This will be interesting to watch, and is a dagger into the Big 12, I think. Texas, or its fans anyway, had been acting as though they, alone, would determine how things fell in realignment from here on out. I bet there's some shock happening in Austin right now. Looks like they are really, really stick at 10. Thirteen year GoR, and ACC is rumored to have a 50 mil buyout effective immediately, like today.

No problem, the burgeoning Longhorn Network will soon puff up to cover all problems.....

I think it's them dropping ND before they get dropped but on other boards they are talking about finding permanent replacements for the ND game.

USC being one for ann arbor.

Interesting choice. not sure if USC will agree.

No way South Carolina will play north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Sorry.......The Real USC

I think Notre Dame will be the big loser if B1G schools do decide to drop them.

They should have dropped them at the turn of the century when they declined Big Ten membership.

They don't add anything anyway. Sparty isn't really dying for those Northern Indiana recruits. Be better off with VaTech and telling Virginia kids to come to Lansing.

Talking about VaTech being one for Sparty

Purdue has been looking around. Apparently Maryland is being throw around for them.

I'm all for cutting ties to ND but Purdue is the only school I'd worry about. That rivalry means a lot to them, they're guaranteed a sell out every other year playing the Irish. The Terrapins wouldn't do that.

It's kind of hard to weigh the value of the ND-MSU and ND-UM games. They're big games and while they probably don't help the B1G get an edge in the recruiting hotbed that is Northern Indiana they probably help nationally. That applies equally to ND and if we were to cut those games what great rivalries are the Irish stuck with? The occasional game with USC and Miami and a regular one with Navy.

The Big12 and PAC merge into the Big20. the big10 contracts into a rotating series against Oklahoma, Texas, and Colorado. :D