Good news bad news

lo country

Tyler Wullenwaber is done for the season. Tore an ACL. SUX! Good news- Bo said that means Westerkamp will probably not 'shirt.

Rome gone. Good news is Peat is now part of the rotation. Getting up to speed per Kaz. "looking like a football player again".

Hopefully with Marlowe and TW out, Carnes and West get some reps and playing time.

Interesting times for sure.

Tyler Wullenwaber is done for the season. Tore an ACL. SUX! Good news- Bo said that means Westerkamp will probably not 'shirt.

Rome gone. Good news is Peat is now part of the rotation. Getting up to speed per Kaz. "looking like a football player again".

Hopefully with Marlowe and TW out, Carnes and West get some reps and playing time.

Interesting times for sure.

Is his girlfriend going into freak-out meltdown mode in the tunnel again?

I don't think you burn Westerkamp's redshirt unless Marlowe isn't ready to go for the Wisconsin game.

It really depends on how far Marlowe is along with his shoulder. With Dixon and Osborne having playing time and being serviceable against USM, they should be alright against Arkansas St. and Idaho St. defenses. Wisconsin's defense will be a bigger test, but by that time Burkhead should be back and healthy, so you may not have to rely so heavily on the passing game that you need to burn Westerkamp's redshirt.

What you don't want to do is burn his redshirt for an injured player and when he comes back, Westerkamp sees limited playing time to none. Which would just piss you guys off even more.

I thought Peat reinjured his back.

Bo said his back in Spring? and his ankle again this fall. According to Kaz IIRC, Peat is "starting to look like a football again" and is getting reps at the 2 deep.

He did injure his back again too. But its not any worse than Marcel Jones's was. Of course that dude played through tremendous pain. And its a little different blocking than rushing. I'm not sure how effective he'll be. But if we can get 10-15 snaps a game that will help.

I hate burning the redshirt of Westercamp but it may be necessary. Two weeks ago we had a deep rotation of wide receivers but now not so much. I really wanted to see TW burn a few Db's in the Big 10 this year. Get well Tyler and work hard.

Enunwa, Bell, Turner, Osborne, Evans. We're still deeper than we've been in as long as I can remember. Throw in Cottton and Reed and you've got 7 solid weapons. Rex/Abdulla out of the backfield. We've got more than enough people to catch Martinez's 20 passes.

That's interesting Paul. With all the good stuff said about Jordan and the thoughts he might not redshirt anyway, it seems strange that we wouldn't work him in at WR4 with Marlowe and Wullenwaber out. I suppose Carnes could push for immediate plang time, but I gotta think Jordan is our next best man at the spot currently.

I could be wrong though. I just realized I overlooked Taariq Allen completely, and may be forgetting another name or two.

I thought Peat reinjured his back.
Bo said his back in Spring? and his ankle again this fall. According to Kaz IIRC, Peat is "starting to look like a football again" and is getting reps at the 2 deep.

Well, hopefully he isn't actually starting to look like a football.

Staff said yesterday there is no plan to burn Jordan's redshirt after Wullenwaber's injury

That is correct, although I'd bet that he is very well prepared in a Tommy Armstrong style way (like an earlier poster mentioned) in case of immediate need.

I think Westercamp is a guy that could hold all the receiver records if he gets a full four years.