Arky State costing us a cool Million $$

NUance

Nebraska locks up Arkansas State

Associated Press, Updated: September 13, 2012, 3:33 PM ET

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska is paying Arkansas State $1 million for playing at Memorial Stadium on Saturday -- the highest amount ever guaranteed to an opponent for a game in Lincoln. Athletic director Tom Osborne said Thursday in an email to The Associated Press that the price is the "going rate" for many teams to play an away game with no return engagement.

LINK

Seems pricey. But I guess it's the going rate.

Man, that's pretty pricey for the ass kicking we are gonna give them...I was thinking more like 50 bucks and a box of chocolates.

Dude, you are way to romantic. I was thinking more like a wadded up twenty and a handful of lube. :lol:

Isn't that a normal sized fee these days? What've you payed other teams?

We play Idaho State next week, a comparable patsy game. We're paying $600k.

We only paid South'n Miss $300k. But that's a home-and-away series. Which doesn't seem like too good of a deal for us really.

We only paid South'n Miss $300k. But that's a home-and-away series. Which doesn't seem like too good of a deal for us really.

But I think it's usually customary for them to pay us when we travel their if they are a larger school, but since it's in N'Orleans they might split the tickets or something.

Spoiler alert. Arky St is not comparable to Idaho St. You can call idaho a patsy but I sure dont see the red wolves as any type of gimme game. On the plus side, we'll get to see a whole lot of offense for $1M. The points for dollars ratio will be a bargain.

Unless of course they agree on the deal for us to play them in the Super Dome.

Reading further into the article, its really not that bad. Plus it makes sense, if your not going to have a return game, obviously the home team has to foot the whole bill. Rather than a return game where both parties split the bill.

It also doesn't sound like we are alone in paying a huge chunk of change for 1 time non conference opponents. Hell, FAU is getting a total $2 million to get their asses whopped by Georgia and Alabama. I'm sure Carl Pelini will like that.