Frank Solich

Huskred

Ohio U. is now the hottest football team in the Buckeye State. Sorry Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland (and Oxford, Akron, Bowling Green and Toledo). The Bobcats had more wins (10) last year than any other Division I team in the state. That hasn't happened since 1968. And it's likely to happen again, as Ohio is the only unbeaten MAC team, having already beaten Penn State on the road. The Bobcats are favored to win the rest of their games, and although you shouldn't expect them to get consideration for a BCS bowl, you should expect them to be a topic in the wearying December debates about who "deserves" what bowl.

Good for Frank! He does seem to have the Bobcats moving in the right direction. The Penn State win may have been the biggest win in school history. :thumbs:

Better coach. Bo or Frank?

I'll bite.

Bo. And it ain't close.

In 1999, Nebraska had a National Championship team. The only reason it didn't happen was because Solich's coachtarded his way into a loss at Texas.

Now, that's not to say Bo is perfect. Bo is a better game planner than Solich and, at present point, a good recruiter ( see Stanton, ET al). And Frank was (is) an awful big time recruiter.

But you give Bo that 99 team, we lift up another crystal football.

• Fire 1

It's nice to see Frank get some recognition.. He is after all still a Husker IMHO! As far as the question of Bo or Frank... I give Bo the nod for 2 reasons I'm a fan of Bo's passion and I don't give a SH** what you think I'm going to coach my team attitude with the press (somewhat old school) & speaking of old Bo's not in the coaching ranks...

In 1999, Nebraska had a National Championship team. The only reason it didn't happen was because Solich's coachtarded his way into a loss at Texas.

In all fairness, this was the first of many officiating screwjobs we 'magically' received when we played Texas. Final drive, two complete passes ruled incomplete that even Brent Musberger said were complete (probably before the ESPN overlords told him it's not wise to expose officials throwing a game Texas' way on national television...)

If Frank was 'coachtarding' in that game, it's probably because of all the derp being thrown his way by crooked Big XII officials.

---

Having reminded people that Texas is vermin who cheat to win, installed one of their own alum as head of officiating for the conference, and have pointy reproductive systems on their helmets, Bo without a doubt.

I don't think Solich could have come in and gotten DoNU out of the mire it found itself in with Bill Callahan. Hell, I don't know if Dr. Tom even could have resurrected the program after that crapfest.

Better coach. Bo or Frank?

Bielema_crying_medium.JPG

You know, it really hurts Bienema's feelings for you to ask who the best coach is, without mentioning him too. :lol:

This kid still hates Frank.

user4521_58.jpg

Oh Wisconsin, Oh Wisconsin, this isn't going very well.

Kind of sad that one of the best seasons in school history is s three-loss campaign that came only thanks to the quarterback the Badgers brought to campus two months before the season kicked off. This year starts with THUD in Corvallis. If I was a Badger fan, and I looked at the current recruit ratings on Rivals.com, I would cry too.