Don't let the score fool you.... This game wasn't even close!

We should be proud (not satisfied) with how this team responded to last week's game. The faced a lot of criticism this last week, and they came out strong. The defense only gave up 6 points, and that is no small task against this offense from Arkansas St. I really like what we saw from Zaire Andersen, Mo Seisay, E. Martin, Kevin Williams, Ciante Evans, Stafford, and Josh Mitchell....

Another great day from the offense as well. Martinez looked fine again (13/14 that is a 92.8% completion rate), Abdullah is a star in the making, and I liked the way Heard, and Cross ran the ball. Bell, and Enunwa looked great again as well.

Turnovers, and offensive line play still need to improve.

Great job Huskers, GBR!!!!

We should be proud (not satisfied) with how this team responded to last week's game. The faced a lot of criticism this last week, and they came out strong. The defense only gave up 6 points, and that is no small task against this offense from Arkansas St. I really like what we saw from Zaire Andersen, Mo Seisay, E. Martin, Kevin Williams, Ciante Evans, Stafford, and Josh Mitchell....

Another great day from the offense as well. Martinez looked fine again (13/14 that is a 92.8% completion rate), Abdullah is a star in the making, and I liked the way Heard, and Cross ran the ball. Bell, and Enunwa looked great again as well.

True...but just nagging things, line play and turnovers were the biggest. Liked Maher's punting today. I know...42 points...but this offense has the potential to be pretty good...and they'll have to be in conference play.

13/14 completions? Is that right? I remember more than one incompletion. Was I drinking too much?

• Fire 1

The only thing you can knock today was the turnovers... defense was like night and day. Holding a team that came in average what, 570 or something through their first two games to 285 yards (and only 89 in the second half!).

Martinez is so much better than he was last season it's scary. Our receiving corps and running backs look as good as anyone in the country. Enunwa is steamrolling people, Bell is a football ninja, Reed is looking like the 2010 version of himself, Abdullah is in beast mode, Cross is a man-child, Heard is running with a chip on his shoulder, and Burkhead will be back soon.

Now, all they need to do is bottle their preparation for this game and their attitude during it and repeat it every week....

All things considered, this was exactly the type of game you wanted to see from the defense. They gave up a lot of yards in the first half and three points, but gave up I believe fewer than 90 yards in the second half and only another three points. It wasn't perfect, and this Arkansas State offense is not loaded with big time talent, but they were still averaging 575 yards of offense a game, and we held them to less than 285 yards and six points.

Offensively, the line is something you have to be concerned about, but not entirely. They did well opening up running lanes today, but they also had their share of bone-headed mistakes, especially in the pass game. From where I was sitting in the stadium, I didn't have great angles on Martinez' two fumbles, but they both seemed to have occurred relatively fast, meaning our pass pro suffered.

For those of you who watched the game on television, what did you think about Abdullah's muffed punt? I didn't think it hit him at all, and I didn't see a single player react as if he did. Even Abdullah continued to saunter over the sidelines afterwards, so, he's either the worlds greatest actor and played it off without the slightest flinch, or it didn't hit him. Did they keep the call because there was no indisputable video evidence to overturn it, or are they just boneheaded?