Cam Meredith: does he keep his starting position?

Eric is a dadgum PLAYMAKER. He disrupts things, he plays with a sort of controlled reckless abandon. He's athletic. Sure he does something dumb every now and then but I'd gladly trade that for a little explosiveness on this D-Line. Get this guy on the field.

I guess at the end of the day you have to ask...dumb, quick, and aggressive...or pedantic, slow, and passive.

Eric is a dadgum PLAYMAKER. He disrupts things, he plays with a sort of controlled reckless abandon. He's athletic. Sure he does something dumb every now and then but I'd gladly trade that for a little explosiveness on this D-Line. Get this guy on the field.

I guess at the end of the day you have to ask...dumb, quick, and aggressive...or pedantic, slow, and passive.

I'll take dumb, quick, and aggressive for $500.

On the D-line I'd definitely go with the dumb quick and agressive.

I think Lavonte David would agree with you ;) Not that he was 'dumb' by any means...but just that he could be completely out of position the whole game, smell the ball, and make 16 tackles a week.

I didn't pay that close of attention to Cam, but I'm not really all that thrilled with him or Steinkuhler. Two very underwhelming players, and Ankrah has been too for much of this season.

I've been saying it forever, Baker is the most overrated player on our D, he got Five stars because of that last name

You can't really believe that, can you? He got 5 stars because he was an outstanding LT. But I didn't need to tell you that.

On the D-line I'd definitely go with the dumb quick and agressive.

I think Lavonte David would agree with you ;) Not that he was 'dumb' by any means...but just that he could be completely out of position the whole game, smell the ball, and make 16 tackles a week.

Haha yeah Lavonte David had so much speed and football sense that it covered up for any scheme miscues that he would make. Man I miss him.

I didn't pay that close of attention to Cam, but I'm not really all that thrilled with him or Steinkuhler. Two very underwhelming players, and Ankrah has been too for much of this season.

I've been saying it forever, Baker is the most overrated player on our D, he got Five stars because of that last name

You can't really believe that, can you? He got 5 stars because he was an outstanding LT. But I didn't need to tell you that.

Exactly. He should have never switched to defense and he would have probably been outstanding for us as a tackle.

Exactly. He should have never switched to defense and he would have probably been outstanding for us as a tackle.

Couple of things, first in response to this. Steinkuhler isn't a great player, but look at the depth we have right now the defensive line, especially at defensive tackle - it's practically non-existent. We're OK on the offensive line - not great, and he could have helped a lot, but we're OK. You can't blame the coaches for putting Steinkuhler on the defensive side of the ball if you look at it that way.

Second, I don't know where this scheme-bashing on David is coming from. The dude may not have had the game together mentally when he first started playing here, and he might have even had some issues last year. But, overall, he did a great job as our play-caller on defense. And, he's the starting WILL linebacker/play-caller for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - their short comings aside, that's amazing for a rookie, and illustrates his football knowledge.

There's playbook smart and there's football smart - David's the latter, but he's also pretty dang good in the former.

Second, I don't know where this scheme-bashing on David is coming from.

Can't speak for Foppa but I'm not trying to scheme-bash him. He practically WAS the scheme. My point was that even if he did make mistakes, he had the speed and athleticism to make up for it. The players we have on the field right now don't really have that luxury - if say Compton is out of position he is too slow to recover.

Got to see first hand just how slow and out of position Meredith is. Completely useless. He should not be starting this year, and he should have been taken out last year. I cannot believe that there isn't a better lineman on our team... or on some Lincoln High School team who could step in.

He is just miserable. Miserable in every way that a D Lineman can be. Slow. Ineffectual. Weak.

I hope this is the last we'll see of him as a starter.