Cam Meredith: does he keep his starting position?

Another thought, what the hell happened to this guy? I remember see a young Cam sub in late '09 screeming off the edge and looking to destroy QB's. Now he gained 30 pounds and cant move. This guy was poorly developed.

No one was blocking him because Suh was being quadruple-teamed.

That doesn't explain his lack of speed now. In '09 he was flying to the ball; played with emotion; hit hard; made the tackles. Everything the fans were excited about in a DE, Cam had it. Now Cam barely goes thru the motions, is slow as hell, misses tackles and loses about 5 jocks each game. Something is not right about that guy. He should be the guy bringing the heat, a leader on the field, etc.

I'll have to take you word for it. I remember Jason Peter fawning over him, but I don't particularly remember him doing anything to stand out. Other than having a cool mustache.

IIRC, that was the first or second game of last year. Looking at Cam now makes me wonder if he was being sarcastic. Cam is slow. I am sure he has desire, but much like some of the play calling that forces Martinez into positions not best for his abilities, I wonder if the current scheme simply doesn't work for Cam's abilities. Kind of the square peg round hole thing.

Watched the game again.....and it's the same thing every week. Meredith get's push up the field, tries to go inside and gets out ran to the sideline.Now, in his defense, you can't expect de's to catch rb's or qb's....or can you.....He nees to stay wide and do his spin move once the qb steps up....he does it too soon and gets jammed....hence loses contain

Another thought, what the hell happened to this guy? I remember see a young Cam sub in late '09 screeming off the edge and looking to destroy QB's. Now he gained 30 pounds and cant move. This guy was poorly developed.

No one was blocking him because Suh was being quadruple-teamed.

That doesn't explain his lack of speed now. In '09 he was flying to the ball; played with emotion; hit hard; made the tackles. Everything the fans were excited about in a DE, Cam had it. Now Cam barely goes thru the motions, is slow as hell, misses tackles and loses about 5 jocks each game. Something is not right about that guy. He should be the guy bringing the he

at, a leader on the field, etc.

Well, if he's wearing 5 jockstraps, that ain't making him any faster.

But he'll never get a hernia.

Cam is a defensive end, guys. Put a mobile QB one-on-one vs a defensive end and they will out-maneuver them almost every time.

That isn't shocking...I mean, what do you expect?

The reason Wilson made that long run was because there wasn't really anybody else behind Meredith to that side of the field. When he reversed field he had plenty of space. Fisher made a far bigger whiff there.

I wish they would please just unleash the Caveman. Ive wanted this to happen for 4 years now...

You and me both. How can I see it sitting on the couch at home, I can tell Martin should have been out there a long time ago. I even got laughed at here on Huskerboard when I said Martin would be an all star for any other team in the country. Everybody said "bullsh#t"....well.....Ha.

1.gif