Rex vs Abdullah

HuskerThor

I honestly don't think Abdullah can handle the load like Rex can. His last 4 or 5 carries he seemed to be dead and didn't have the same body language. If Rex is available to take away 5-10 carries from Abdullah that would be best to keep Abdullah at his peak and get Rex involved on our way toward Wisky. Still got to love the guy for the effort and a couple of big runs and catch he provided Saturday.

He ran 30 times! Along with helping block, running routes, and special teams! He had a full day! His biggest ever in college! There are some 3-4 year starters in college that probably have never had that workload! Even as great and durable as Rex is, he would've been gassed too!

Excellent point.

With the quality and depth of our RB's, I dont think any of them need to carry the rock 30 times in a game.

Rex being injured may end up being a blessing in disguise in the long run. We are able to get him a bunch of rest early on...he'll be fresh and rested for conference play and not as dinged up by the end of the season as he was last year. We were also able to get Ameer a ton of valuable experience which he will be able to draw from both this year as Rex's backup, and in the next two years as a STUD starting running back.

I honestly don't think Abdullah can handle the load like Rex can. His last 4 or 5 carries he seemed to be dead and didn't have the same body language. If Rex is available to take away 5-10 carries from Abdullah that would be best to keep Abdullah at his peak and get Rex involved on our way toward Wisky. Still got to love the guy for the effort and a couple of big runs and catch he provided Saturday.

He ran 30 times! Along with helping block, running routes, and special teams! He had a full day! His biggest ever in college! There are some 3-4 year starters in college that probably have never had that workload! Even as great and durable as Rex is, he would've been gassed too!

Excellent point.

With the quality and depth of our RB's, I dont think any of them need to carry the rock 30 times in a game.

That was kind of my point. He showed he can't handle all that. That is why we need Rex to take some of those carries away because even with Cross and Heard he got 30.

Excellent point.

That was kind of my point. He showed he can't handle all that. That is why we need Rex to take some of those carries away because even with Cross and Heard he got 30.

Cross and Heard should have gotten a few more carries. AA would have been fine with around 20.

Excellent point.

Cross and Heard should have gotten a few more carries. AA would have been fine with around 20.

3633-you-dont-say.jpg

Rex = Heisman Trophy Candidate

Ameer = Future Heisman Trophy Candidate

Rex is the real deal. Everything a college football player should be. Superman in real life. His kryptonite is his offensive line. Fact is, with Rex, we have the prototype of what every D1 team wishes their players would be.

Ameer - not sure about the personality stuff, but from what little I know, he seems like a really good kid. Athletically he's showing flashes of brilliance, and could be a beast. His best football is ahead of him. He was, without question, a fantastic steal out of Alabama with the likes of Alabama and Auburn trolling around looking for talent. Ameer Abdullah could be the next Roy Helu. And that's high praise.

nicolas-cage-get-in-the-cage-weekend-update.png

What is nice is that we had our star running back go down and three guys pick up the slack.....That shows how deep we are.

This also shows that those three running backs needs to keep up with one running back. Rex is more of a football player, just wonder if any of those running backs can fit the model as Rex has....

Cross need to change to FB position.

Oh god, I hope not.

We don't use the fullback enough to justify a move like that. It would be a huge waste of talent/potential.

Tell that to Tom Rathman, Corey Schlechinger or Andra Franklin.

T_O_B

G>B>R

They'd probably agree with me more than anybody.

(except for Andra, for obvious reasons).