Solution

You can prosecute the guy for the ramifications of his speech. Speech is free, but if that speech has consequences, you should be punished for it. I can tell carlfense to go jump off a bridge, but if he does, I should bear some responsibility for his actions. Inciting people to violence should have consequences.

No you shouldn't.. it is called personal responsibilty.

Sorry, didn't read down after reading you post.

You can prosecute the guy for the ramifications of his speech. Speech is free, but if that speech has consequences, you should be punished for it. I can tell carlfense to go jump off a bridge, but if he does, I should bear some responsibility for his actions. Inciting people to violence should have consequences.

Wow, that is one slippery slope on which you're standing.

You are correct, which is why I back-pedaled from that statement a few hours after I posted it:

It wasn't one of my more lucid moments. I'll beg forgiveness, and ask everyone to forget my error.

Yeah, I responded before I got all the way down the thread.

Still, it was kind of a half-backpedal (maybe a side-shuffle? :dunno ). You said there wouldn't be any grounds for legal action but you didn't really say you changed your stance on being responsible. Sorry if I'm nit-picking.

A solution.... but not saying it's the best one. To each Middle East country that we have had any trouble with in the past or present, we deliver a statement saying that any violence toward the United States, either on our soil or our embassies will bring hell on your country. We will start at the borders and bomb our way to the middle till nothing is alive. Since it can't be nuclear, then the environment should be habitable shortly after. Voila...you have a place for the Palestinians. We will assume all mineral rights for 20 years and pay the Palestinians a percentage. No more skirmishes with Israel. If those countries want to be assured that nothing they do pisses us off then they will clean up their own act and get serious about stopping terrorism or they can all go to "heaven" together. If we find the Saudi's are funding terrorism somewhere then they "don't pass go and collect $200" while they watch their tents go up in smoke. This may be heavy handed but I think it's time they got their act together and joined the 21st century.

You are correct, which is why I back-pedaled from that statement a few hours after I posted it:

It wasn't one of my more lucid moments. I'll beg forgiveness, and ask everyone to forget my error.

Still, it was kind of a half-backpedal (maybe a side-shuffle? :dunno ). You said there wouldn't be any grounds for legal action but you didn't really say you changed your stance on being responsible. Sorry if I'm nit-picking.

Have you ever seen anyone in this forum admit to being wrong to that degree before? I was wrong, I said I was wrong, and I even repeated it for good measure. For the last time:

A solution.... but not saying it's the best one. To each Middle East country that we have had any trouble with in the past or present, we deliver a statement saying that any violence toward the United States, either on our soil or our embassies will bring hell on your country. We will start at the borders and bomb our way to the middle till nothing is alive. Since it can't be nuclear, then the environment should be habitable shortly after. Voila...you have a place for the Palestinians. We will assume all mineral rights for 20 years and pay the Palestinians a percentage. No more skirmishes with Israel. If those countries want to be assured that nothing they do pisses us off then they will clean up their own act and get serious about stopping terrorism or they can all go to "heaven" together. If we find the Saudi's are funding terrorism somewhere then they "don't pass go and collect $200" while they watch their tents go up in smoke. This may be heavy handed but I think it's time they got their act together and joined the 21st century.

i wish there were still -1 rep. pts. do you know why the israelis and palestinians fight? when it started?

if you want to end terrorism, a first good step would be to avoid a foreign policy based on terrorism.

We will start at the borders and bomb our way to the middle till nothing is alive.

So...basically just our actual foreign policy for the past 20 years. Got it.

I'm truly saddened by this kind of talk. Not only is it barbaric warmongering, it embodies everything that is sideways with our interventionalist policies.

• Fire 2

Have you ever seen anyone in this forum admit to being wrong to that degree before? I was wrong, I said I was wrong, and I even repeated it for good measure. For the last time:

It would help if you would just flat out admit you were wrong.

i wish there were still -1 rep. pts. do you know why the israelis and palestinians fight? when it started?

if you want to end terrorism, a first good step would be to avoid a foreign policy based on terrorism.

It started about 3000 years ago. Fighting was put on hold for a few centuries and started up again after WW2 when a place was carved out for Israel. Like I said in the first sentence....this is not the best solution. However it may be the only way to put an end to it. Making our problem their problem. We wouldn't need to occupy anything. Just tell them....if "X" happens...."Y" will be the result.