*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

microscope-b120-4_1_6.jpg

I'm thinking about buying this microscope. Any HB scientists out there know about microscopes? LINK

Ask Junior. He's a Dr. Of Love.

This is true. But, unlike Beanman, I don't need a microscope to find my wiener.

Seriously though, I don't know a lot about microscopes for home use. But for what you are asking, I think this would be more than enough.

microscope-b120-4_1_6.jpg

I'm thinking about buying this microscope. Any HB scientists out there know about microscopes? LINK

Ask Junior. He's a Dr. Of Love.

This is true. But, unlike Beanman, I don't need a microscope to find my wiener.

Seriously though, I don't know a lot about microscopes for home use. But for what you are asking, I think this would be more than enough.

Thanks for the input you guys. I think I'll go ahead and get one. $160 seems to be a very reasonable price. :thumbs:

I'll put our old one in the play room for the kinder to fool around with. And I'll keep this one in my shop, so I can provide some assistance when using it. And hopefully keep it from getting destroyed by 4 year-olds. :lol:

“The meal was lousy, the cash didn’t come,” Clarence Taylor said to the newspaper. “Prey on someone else. Why are you preying on the homeless?”

. —homeless guy after receiving free steak meal from Chinese millionare

The homeless guy was pissed because the Chinese millionaire donated $90,000 to homeless shelters instead of divvying it up amongst the 250 NYC homeless people that showed up for the free meals he was offering. LINK

Four Photographers Sneaked into and explored Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch

"Surprisingly, we just roamed about the grounds. Casually."

1.jpg

6.jpg

Jacko had tastes that bordered on creepy. Okay, not just bordered. But over-the-top creepy. I think the dude was a pedator.

Yeah he was definitely creepy. I can't imagine what that was like sneaking around in there. Talk about creepy.

More photos

Let us know how the microscope is once you've used it some. It has become pretty popular, so it'd be nice to hear your thoughts on build quality, optical quality, ease of use, etc. Hope you enjoy it.

I ended up getting a slightly better model sold by the same eBay seller for a few extra bucks (AmScope model no. B120B-E). It's a similar scope, but has an eye adapter interface and USB cable to connect to a computer. Thanks for your advice. I'll let you know how it works out. :lol:

tried to get a dog at the humane society. we've adopted from them before and they seemed to think we are model owners.

however, the dog we want to adopt did not get along too well with our current dog. i did not see it as a big issue. they were on leashes in a stressful environment, so there was going to be tension. it was much better just going outside even with the dogs still on the leash. we visited again and it went better, but still some nipping. nonetheless we wanted to adopt the dog because we know they'd figure it out and the best place for them to figure it out would be at our home. i've adopted a lot of dogs and know thw drill.

however, they wanted to set up some more meetings so the dogs can get comfortable together. we really do not have the time or see the need, we just wanted to take the damn dog home. in the meantime they are trying to find a foster home for the dog to stay at until it is adopted, which seems extremely wasteful because it has a home available in ours. pretty turned off and think we will just give up and go somewhere else. pretty frustrating though.

tried to get a dog at the humane society. we've adopted from them before and they seemed to think we are model owners.

however, the dog we want to adopt did not get along too well with our current dog. i did not see it as a big issue. they were on leashes in a stressful environment, so there was going to be tension. it was much better just going outside even with the dogs still on the leash. we visited again and it went better, but still some nipping. nonetheless we wanted to adopt the dog because we know they'd figure it out and the best place for them to figure it out would be at our home. i've adopted a lot of dogs and know thw drill.

however, they wanted to set up some more meetings so the dogs can get comfortable together. we really do not have the time or see the need, we just wanted to take the damn dog home. in the meantime they are trying to find a foster home for the dog to stay at until it is adopted, which seems extremely wasteful because it has a home available in ours. pretty turned off and think we will just give up and go somewhere else. pretty frustrating though.

Please reconsider. The reason they do that is because when they don't, it's amazing the number of animals that are "adopted" and then returned because they didn't get along with the other animals in the home. This is simply a way to be absolutely certain that both are compatible. If this is the dog you want, it's well worth the time and effort.

• Fire 1

Please reconsider. The reason they do that is because when they don't, it's amazing the number of animals that are "adopted" and then returned because they didn't get along with the other animals in the home. This is simply a way to be absolutely certain that both are compatible. If this is the dog you want, it's well worth the time and effort.

my wife and i take great pride in being good dog owners. they really are part of our family. i want to believe that the shelter is doing this because it is in the best interest of the dog and us, but it feels like a power trip.

you are probably right. though. the whole time i was trying to convince myself, what does it hurt having the dogs get more acquainted. but at the same time, i know we are more than capable of acclimating the dogs. but, like you implied, we should not punish the dog if we think we can give it a good home and really want it.

just to be clear, i do understand that getting a dog is a big decision and i would never return a dog (unless it was violent and aggressive with my child or something that severe), i just know we are capable of acclimating the dogs together and resent having to jump through hoops. but we really do like the dog so perhaps we should put our egos aside and keep working at it.

my wife and i take great pride in being good dog owners. they really are part of our family. i want to believe that the shelter is doing this because it is in the best interest of the dog and us, but it feels like a power trip.

you are probably right. though. the whole time i was trying to convince myself, what does it hurt having the dogs get more acquainted. but at the same time, i know we are more than capable of acclimating the dogs. but, like you implied, we should not punish the dog if we think we can give it a good home and really want it.

just to be clear, i do understand that getting a dog is a big decision and i would never return a dog (unless it was violent and aggressive with my child or something that severe), i just know we are capable of acclimating the dogs together and resent having to jump through hoops. but we really do like the dog so perhaps we should put our egos aside and keep working at it.

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting a second dog too. We have a nice fenced backyard. Plenty of room to run. I was going to get one while my wife is back in D.C. visiting her sister. But a couple of years back when she was away and I got a dog, well let's just say she didn't take it well. She was more pissed about me getting that dog--our current dog--than the year before when I got a motorcycle. Or the year before that when I got a Remington 700. Now she's best friends with the dog. So maybe... :lol:

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting a second dog too. We have a nice fenced backyard. Plenty of room to run. I was going to get one while my wife is back in D.C. visiting her sister. But a couple of years back when she was away and I got a dog, well let's just say she didn't take it well. She was more pissed about me getting that dog--our current dog--than the year before when I got a motorcycle. Or the year before that when I got a Remington 700. Now she's best friends with the dog. So maybe... :lol:

You sound like my dad, always buying a new car or TV when no one is home for a few days.