*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

I tell young people to go into copy repair business.

Good pay, indoor work, and office staff will love you when you are done fixing it.

And as an added bonus, they get to see Boob prints on the glass from the naughty clerk at which time they start looking at the office staff to match up! :LOLtartar

* I'm not above rumor patrol, especially after an Indiana football staff member (We put some elbow grease into the those Big Ten team previews!) asked last week if I've heard that Carl Pelini is set to do a radio talk show in either Lincoln or Omaha. Now, that would be interesting.
How about a little drive-time radio with Carl discussing his brother Bo's defense? After a loss. Yikes. LINK

Ha ha! Now THAT would be awesome! :lol:

/edit: This is so great I think it deserves its own thread. LINK

The 1944 science fiction story that predicted the atomic bomb
In 1944, fully a year before the first successful nuclear test, Astounding Science Fiction magazine published a remarkably detailed description of an atomic bomb in a story called Deadline. The story, by the otherwise undistinguished author Cleve Cartmill, sent military intelligence racing to discover the source of his information — and his motives for publishing it. PODCAST LINK TO BOOK

This from FutilityCloset.com (via BoingBoing). Intradasting.

weird stuff. but just as concerning that it doesn't melt, i find it equally concerning that it does start to kind of melt. really makes you wonder.

We made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for our dorm one year during finals. To save money, we bought the cheapest breads, cheeses, etc. On the cheese package it said: "Cheese product. Does not melt." Terrifying to think what's in it.