*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Can You Predict If Your Kid Will Throw Left-Handed?

After reviewing the records of nearly seven thousand professional baseball players born between 1835 and 1964, the researchers indeed discovered that left-handedness, like schizophrenia, was highly associated with being conceived in May or June (about a month before the summer solstice) when there was maximal maternal exposure to sunlight during a crucial part of fetal development.3 And like schizophrenia, they found that there were far fewer lefties conceived just before the winter solstice, when sun exposure was minimal. But why?

What do these two conditions—schizophrenia and left-handedness—have in common? And why does it matter how much sunlight a pregnant woman is exposed to? Does it somehow affect a developmental process in the fetal brain? And does this predispose someone to left-handedness or schizophrenia?

The answer maybe have something to do with free radicals—molecules that are produced by ultraviolet light, inhibited by antioxidants, and most importantly, can damage DNA. Knowing this, investigators devised something called the 'solistitial' hypothesis. The idea is that sunlight increases free radicals and suppresses antioxidants in maternal blood. The radical-laden maternal blood travels to the placenta and, during the fourth week of gestation, causes the embryo's central nervous system to form improperly (the brain doesn't lateralize and the neural tube doesn't appropriately close). All of this ultimately leads the fetal brain to rewire in such a way that it predisposes a child to becoming a lefty. It may help explain why schizophrenics tend to be left-handed.

http://www.esquire.c...d=1456_54817919

Jim Koch knows beer. He also knows a beer trick that may change your life.

Those sorts of events are always kind of Bacchanalian sh#t shows, with people imbibing dozens of beer samples in a short period and soon stumbling around large convention halls drunk of their asses. Brewers included. But not Koch, who I’d long noticed was always lucid, always able to hold court, and hold his own with those much younger than him. This billionaire brewing raconteur was doing likewise with me at 4 PM on a Thursday afternoon despite the fact we were both now several beers deep. So what was the secret?

“Yeast!”

drink-recipe.jpg

Can You Predict If Your Kid Will Throw Left-Handed?

After reviewing the records of nearly seven thousand professional baseball players born between 1835 and 1964, the researchers indeed discovered that left-handedness, like schizophrenia, was highly associated with being conceived in May or June (about a month before the summer solstice) when there was maximal maternal exposure to sunlight during a crucial part of fetal development.3 And like schizophrenia, they found that there were far fewer lefties conceived just before the winter solstice, when sun exposure was minimal. But why?

What do these two conditions—schizophrenia and left-handedness—have in common? And why does it matter how much sunlight a pregnant woman is exposed to? Does it somehow affect a developmental process in the fetal brain? And does this predispose someone to left-handedness or schizophrenia?

The answer maybe have something to do with free radicals—molecules that are produced by ultraviolet light, inhibited by antioxidants, and most importantly, can damage DNA. Knowing this, investigators devised something called the 'solistitial' hypothesis. The idea is that sunlight increases free radicals and suppresses antioxidants in maternal blood. The radical-laden maternal blood travels to the placenta and, during the fourth week of gestation, causes the embryo's central nervous system to form improperly (the brain doesn't lateralize and the neural tube doesn't appropriately close). All of this ultimately leads the fetal brain to rewire in such a way that it predisposes a child to becoming a lefty. It may help explain why schizophrenics tend to be left-handed.

Makes sense. I always thought lefties were a little bit schizo. Now if we could just find an explanation for red heads. :lol:

My wife's family is planning a trip to Breckenridge this summer, and we were thinking of various things to do. Some of us wondered how far away some of the gambling towns like Blackhawk and Central City were. So my 62 year old father in law pulls out his iPhone and asks Siri about how to find Blackhawk.

Now say "Blackhawk" out loud and guess what sort of results Siri googled for my father in law. :lol:

On a rainy October night in 2012, 17-year-old Brandon Majewski and two of his friends were riding their bikes to get hot dogs when they were hit from behind by an SUV. Majewski was killed; the other teen boys were injured.

Now the 42-year-old woman driving the SUV, Sharlene Simon, is suing all three—plus Majewski's parents and his brother, who has since died, the Toronto Sunreports.

Simon says she suffered emotional trauma in the accident, which happened about 55 miles north of Toronto, and is claiming $1.35 million in damages.

"They did not apply their brakes properly," her lawsuit states. "They were incompetent bicyclists.

USA Today

My wife's family is planning a trip to Breckenridge this summer, and we were thinking of various things to do. Some of us wondered how far away some of the gambling towns like Blackhawk and Central City were. So my 62 year old father in law pulls out his iPhone and asks Siri about how to find Blackhawk.

Now say "Blackhawk" out loud and guess what sort of results Siri googled for my father in law. :lol:

PregnantPrudence1.jpg

213.4 yesterday morning. And now this morning 217.4. WTF? I figured I'd be a pound or two heavier, but four lbs?? Damn, that's no good. lol :lol:

Turns out this morning I'm 220.

Weighed in at 212 lbs this morning. I'm headed in the right direction. Slowly. :lol: