*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

o-JESUS-STATUE-BLURRED-570.jpg

On Tuesday, the 14-year-old — whose name has not been released by police — was charged with desecration of a venerated object, the Smoking Gun reported. If convicted, he could wind up spending two years in a juvenile jail, according to Kron 4.
LINK

Sure, the pic is tasteless and disrespectful. But possible jail time? That's absurd. Maybe we need to institute caning like Singapore does, for stuff like this. Jail time just isn't the answer for a teenage prank.

On Tuesday, the 14-year-old — whose name has not been released by police — was charged with desecration of a venerated object, the Smoking Gun reported. If convicted, he could wind up spending two years in a juvenile jail, according to Kron 4.

LINK

Sure, the pic is tasteless and disrespectful. But possible jail time? That's absurd. Maybe we need to institute caning like Singapore does, for stuff like this. Jail time just isn't the answer for a teenage prank.

Man. Justin Bieber just can't seem to stay out of trouble.

• Fire 1

SpinosaurusC.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Picture the fearsome creatures of "Jurassic Park" crossed with the shark from "Jaws." Then super-size to the biggest predator ever to roam Earth. Now add a crocodile snout as big as a person and feet like a duck's. The result gives you some idea of a bizarre dinosaur scientists unveiled Thursday. This patchwork of critters, a 50-foot predator, is the only known dinosaur to live much of its life in the water.

Spinosaurus had a long neck, strong clawed forearms, powerful jaws and the dense bones of a penguin. It propelled itself in water with flat feet that were probably webbed, according to a study released Thursday by the journal Science. The beast sported a spiny sail on its back that was 7 feet tall when it lived 95 million years ago. "It's like working on an extraterrestrial or an alien," study lead author Nizar Ibrahim of the University of Chicago said, while standing in front of a room-sized reconstruction of the skeleton at the National Geographic Society, which helped fund the research.

"It's so different than anything else around," he said.

LINK

Rescue_Vehicle_01_t1200.jpeg

San Diego school district acquires MRAP (basically a tank) from Feds

The San Diego Unified School District police recently acquired a mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle, or MRAP, through the federal government's surplus military equipment program.
I guess those San Diego schools are rough places.

Rescue_Vehicle_01_t1200.jpeg

San Diego school district acquires MRAP (basically a tank) from Feds

The San Diego Unified School District police recently acquired a mine-resistant ambush protected vehicle, or MRAP, through the federal government's surplus military equipment program.

LINK

I guess those San Diego schools are rough places.

If this is what they need to protect the schools, I am questioning this city as a retirement option

• Fire 1

:1000:1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000 :1000

Attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore, attention whore

Yup. :lol:

LINK

But look at his hat.. I'm okay with the jail time.

Rare virus infecting kids across the US

Updated by Julia Belluz on September 14, 2014, 7:08 p.m. ET @juliaoftoronto julia.belluz@voxmedia.com

A rare virus — enterovirus D68, also known as EV-D68 — is infecting children across the country and sending them to hospitals with severe respiratory infections and breathing problems. Though the virus doesn't appear to be deadly, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are warning doctors and parents to be on the lookout.
"This is a very unusual situation," said Dr. Greg Storch, director of infectious diseases at St. Louis Children's Hospital in Missouri. "We don't fully know what to expect."

This is a real bad type of flu virus. Kids can't seem to catch their breath, almost like a severe case of asthma. I think this virus started near where I live in western Illinois. There were 70 kids in the hospital here with this last week. Weird stuff. LINK2

For Longsword, a Comeback Ages in the Making

By MAC WILLIAM BISHOPSEPT. 15, 2014, New York Times

A hotel ballroom in Ellicott City, Md., seemed an unlikely setting for a four-day competition involving ancient martial arts, Longpoint 2014. “Fight!” the referee called out.
Axel Pettersson, 29, raised his sword above his head and waited. When his opponent drew near, they exchanged a rapid set of blows. At last, Pettersson landed a vicious cut across his opponent’s torso, winning the open steel longsword competition and adding another championship to his collection.

Pretty video with this article. Longsword fighting. Cool! :lol: