*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Why do you spell Scotland with one "t" but Scottish with two? Seems like they're trying real hard to be different from the British.

It's amazing they've stayed together for 300 years.

Finland-Finnish

"Holmvik, huh? Are you Finnish?"

"No sir. I'm just getting started."

• Fire 1

Been sick as a dog last couple days. Some fever/flu thing that's tough to shake. Took some NyQuil last night, and went to bed with the chills. Woke up this AM drenched in sweat, but feeling much improved. On a positive note, I lost six pounds over the past two days. Down to 204 lb.

25896090038_large.jpg

Supernatural Car, '67 Impala

Growing up, Kripke connected to television shows that had signature cars, such as The Dukes of Hazzard and Knight Rider. This prompted him to include one in Supernatural.[19] He originally intended for the car to be a '65 Mustang, but his neighbor convinced him to change it to a '67 Impala, since "you can put a body in the trunk" and because "you want a car that, when people stop next to it at the lights, they lock their doors.

LINK

Ha ha! Yeah, isn't that what everyone wants in a car? :lol:

Ten untranslatable words
by Ella Frances Sanders, www.boingboing.net Sept. 24, 2014
Ella Frances Sanders illustrates words held to be untranslatable, to English equivalents, from their native languages.
Did you know that the Japanese language has a word to express the way sunlight filters through the leaves of trees? Or that there's a Finnish word for the distance a reindeer can travel before needing to rest? Komorebi.

I think I'll go have my tretår now.

Wisconsin Man Suffers 100 Unwanted Orgasms A Day
September 23, 2014 9:40 AM

CHICAGO (CBS) – What might seem like the gift that keeps on giving to some has been a non-stop nightmare for a Wisconsin man who suffers up to 100 unwanted orgasms every day.
“There’s nothing pleasurable about it, because even though it might physically feel good, the whole time inside your mind, you’re completely disgusted by what’s going on,” said Dale Decker, who suffers from Persistent Genital Arousal Syndrome, an uncontrollable condition that causes spontaneous and persistent orgasms unrelated to any physical stimulus or feelings of sexual arousal.
Wow, 100 per day. That's like one every 10 minutes or so. (Assuming he's awake.) Dang, it must be tough to just keep his pants clean.
There have been over 14,000 regular season football games played in the 94-year history of the NFL. On Sunday, the Bears and Packers did something that the league had only seen once before: They played an entire 60-minute game without kicking a single punt. LINK