*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Every state, ranked by illicit drug dependence

May 24, 2017 Lincoln Journal Star
Total illicit drug use in the U.S. has increased over the last decade, in part due increasing rates of marijuana use. LINK1 LINK2
Link1 is to the LJS article. Link2 is to the source with better graphics and more data (that you don't have to click through 50 states to get).
Nebraska looks to be one of the least addicted states. Here's Nebraska's stats:
Nebraska
Addicted State Rank: 45th
Alcoholic State Rank: 37th
Stoner State Rank: 37th
Coked-Out State Rank: 34th
Numbed-Out State Rank: 38th
Smokiest State Rank: 25th
  • Fire 1

Nebraska wrestling coach Mark Manning recently shared a great example.

Former Husker wrestling great Jordan Burroughs, the 2012 Olympic gold medalist, tore up his knee early in the 2009-10 college season. During his recovery, he approached Manning, telling the coach he wanted to take his career to a higher level.

Manning suggested that Burroughs jump up a weight class to 165 pounds, which would position him well for international competition at 163 pounds/74 kilograms. Problem was, the returning NCAA champion, Andrew Howe of Wisconsin, wrestled at 165.

"I said, 'Hey, Jordan, we're not worried about Andrew Howe, we're worried about this Russian, Denis Tsargush, the 2009-10 world champion,'" Manning said. "I said, 'That's the guy you have to beat, Jordan. Next year, you want to be not only a national champ, but a world champ.'"

Think about what that conversation must have done for Burroughs' confidence and overall outlook.

He went on to become only the fourth wrestler ever to win NCAA and world championships in the same year.

He'll wrestle in the USA Wrestling World Team Trials on Saturday at the Devaney Sports Center. LINK

Cool little anecdote. :thumbs:

• Fire 2

I had a rather large and significant bowel movement this morning, and when I went to wipe, nothing came off on the toilet paper.

Nothing.

I used a couple different wads of toilet paper just to make sure.

Like... I know you happened. I see the evidence. What are you playing at?

Doctors: Student freed by N. Korea has severe brain damage

By DAKE KANG and DAN SEWELL,Associated Press 6 minutes ago

WYOMING, Ohio (AP) — An American college student who emerged from prison in North Korea in a coma has severe brain damage, but doctors do not know what caused it, a medical team treating him in Ohio said Thursday.
The doctors described Otto Warmbier, 22, as being in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness," but declined to discuss his outlook for improvement, saying such information would be kept confidential.
"He has spontaneous eye opening and blinking," said Dr. Daniel Kanter, director of neurocritical care for the University of Cincinnati Health system. "However, he shows no signs of understanding language, responding to verbal commands or awareness of his surroundings. He has not spoken."
Warmbier is in stable condition at the UC Medical Center, where he was taken immediately after his arrival in Ohio late Tuesday after more than 17 months in North Korean captivity. The reclusive country accused the University of Virginia student of anti-state activities. LINK

You'd have to think this is due to some sort of treatment or torture inflicted by the Korean prison officials. Or maybe he tried to hang himself. But if that's the case, why wouldn't the North Koreans say so?
On another note, WHY in the wide world of sports would anyone *voluntarily* go to North Korea?? They put him in prison for stealing a political banner from a hotel lobby. 15 years hard labor. :facepalm:
  • Fire 1