have we ran the option this year?

melscott62

Traditional option, not a whole lot. Defenses are faster it's harder to get to the edge we're still making yards. They tried the triple option at UCLA and that was bad. They have run the read option a lot and it's been very sucessful except on the goaline. I have to ask are we bringing this up just so we have something to whine about?

Fire Barney! we can't run the option if he's coaching the O-line

Bo sucks he doesn't want to run the option!

Fire Beck he doesn't call the option!

Traditional option, not a whole lot. Defenses are faster it's harder to get to the edge we're still making yards. They tried the triple option at UCLA and that was bad. They have run the read option a lot and it's been very sucessful except on the goaline. I have to ask are we bringing this up just so we have something to whine about?

What????????

T_O_B

G_B_R

Y_R_A_I

What????????

T_O_B

G_B_R

Y_R_A_I

sorry should have added the :sarcasm I figured people would get the humor.

i dont trust martinez running the option....scary

I get 2010 flashbacks when he runs the option. Remember the one where he pitched the ball right at the defender?

What year is it now?

It's 2012. He still throws some of the dumbest passes ever....ala the end zone pass vs ucla this year. Same type of pass he threw as a freshman, whats not to say he will make the same pitch again Maybe he's not comfortable with running the option.. Anyway the new option is the read option. Outside air force I don't thing anyone runs the option with regularity

I get 2010 flashbacks when he runs the option. Remember the one where he pitched the ball right at the defender?

What year is it now?

It's 2012. He still throws some of the dumbest passes ever....ala the end zone pass vs ucla this year. Same type of pass he threw as a freshman, whats not to say he will make the same pitch again Maybe he's not comfortable with running the option.. Anyway the new option is the read option. Outside air force I don't thing anyone runs the option with regularity

Georgia Tech. Navy?(Not sure). Nevada.

Agreed

Why? He never ran it before last season and he did improve over the course of the season. Since he's more of a straight-line guy rather than a quick guy he isn't really optimal for it but he can certainly be competent. Do you remember early Frost running the option? He sucked.

Who cares!!!!Just run what works. Martinez isn't an option quarterback.

just curious... I thought taylor looked ok running it last year. its nice to run it every so often just so teams have to prepare for it.

This. As a coach, you have to find a way to put things on film so your future opposing coaches have to look at something you did and then they have to conjur up all the possible different things that could come off it. Perfect example? Yesterday's formation of 2 wides and a guard split wide to each side of the field. Numerous upon numerous different possibilities come out of that formation. All we did was flip it out to a wideout, got a penalty on it but who cares. Urban Meyer, Hoke, and Dantonio will be thinking alot about that, and may just happen to miss on something more important. The chess game of coaching begins long before kickoff on saturday.