Why So Excited?

HuskerBCS

Wisconsin is struggling that is true. they aren't too the caliber they used too be.

But in all this we should not lose sight of what matters. this team showed heart and determination. a lot of teams would have folded after that opening barrage Whisky handed us.

But we got back up and punched those f'ers in the nose.

That is a trademark you can't coach no matter how hard you try, its something the team learns through adversity.

Lets just hope we use that lesson in our future contests.

• Fire 2

Wisconsin is struggling that is true. they aren't too the caliber they used too be.

But in all this we should not lose sight of what matters. this team showed heart and determination. a lot of teams would have folded after that opening barrage Whisky handed us.

But we got back up and punched those f'ers in the nose.

That is a trademark you can't coach no matter how hard you try, its something the team learns through adversity.

Lets just hope we use that lesson in our future contests.

I Don't know what "Totengur" means, but I'm going to use it for caveman talk for: "tough get going!"

+1 and have a great evening.

My issue with this game has nothing to do with the play of the Badgers!! It is another game that we looked like we were lost defensively and just shooting ourselves in the foot. Regardless of your opinion of BO, this is something that continues to happen week after week. That is my concern, when do we stop beating ourselves???

So, my takeaway, without reading all the posts is this:

Younger fans are too young and do not know how long it took Tom to win championships.

We are Nebraska. And it's not a video game. This is a long term deal, and takes a long term commitment.

Or am I wrong?

• Fire 1

So, my takeaway, without reading all the posts is this:

Younger fans are too young and do not know how long it took Tom to win championships.

We are Nebraska. And it's not a video game. This is a long term deal, and takes a long term commitment.

Or am I wrong?

i do not even try. it is too confusing, but i agree with you.

My issue with this game has nothing to do with the play of the Badgers!! It is another game that we looked like we were lost defensively and just shooting ourselves in the foot. Regardless of your opinion of BO, this is something that continues to happen week after week. That is my concern, when do we stop beating ourselves???

Where did they look "lost defensively" outside of the bad spots they were put in by the offense? The same offense that got it together and played to their potential by scoring 20 unanswered with plenty of pressure on their backs.

Regardless of your opinion of Bo, this is not something that happens "week after week" but a couple of times a year. And tonight the team showed that they are capable of overcoming the mistakes.

they started with great field position because of our offensive mistakes. they took them off the field, but baptiste had a bonehead penalty. then, second half, they made adjustments and executed. all things considered, the 'd' played pretty well.

Why is everyone so excited. We won, great. Wisconsin is a TERRIBLE football team. I can't believe we had to come back from down 17 to win this game. We should have won this game by 21pts.

This win just masks the problems that are so obvious. The problems that never get fixed. The problems that will cement us as a 9-3 team, at best, under Bo Pelini. If we finish 9-3 this year, in THIS conference, Husker fans should be pi$$ed.

I pray to God we don't make it to the Big 10 title game this year and get the pleasure of playing Purdue or some other crap team who we would smoke.

That would buy Bo another 5-6 years and this nightmare we've been living in for the last 10 years will continue.

I just hope we don't get embarrased next week.

Rip me all you want, I'm not drinking the kool-aid.

Shaking_head.gif

• Fire 1

You know what I find amusing? You don't poke your head around here except after losses or close wins. Then, when you do, you take it upon yourself to trash Bo over and over again. It's ridiculous and IMO trollish..................have a discussion if you want, but I feel you start threads like this to just get a reaction out of people, which is the very definition of a troll! We get you don't like Bo, move on with your life!

Im glad that I amuse you. I read this board on a regular basis. It's a lot easier to have discussions with people when they play poorly. My opinions of Bo and the direction of this program don't change from week to week. Im not going to come in here and bash Bo when we are beating lowly Idaho State 70-3....thats just pointless. When we play poorly on national tv, in primetime, game after game....and continue to make the same mistakes over and over....that's when I come to the board. I guess I think I can knock some sense into people around here. That's what this forum is for.

I'm all for being critical and keeping things in perspective and there is no doubt that we came out and shat the bed the first half. Nearly everything that could have went wrong did....primarily putting the ball on the ground.

However, when you look at how we played in the second half, you have to be cautiously optimistic. Our defense came out and punched them in the mouth time after time and came up huge for us just about every time we needed them to. On top of that, the offense was consistent and we ran the ball well against a very good defense. I still contend that we have the best offense in the B1G...but you could make an argument for Northwestern as well.

• Fire 1

I'm all for being critical and keeping things in perspective and there is no doubt that we came out and shat the bed the first half. Nearly everything that could have went wrong did....primarily putting the ball on the ground.

However, when you look at how we played in the second half, you have to be cautiously optimistic. Our defense came out and punched them in the mouth time after time and came up huge for us just about every time we needed them to. On top of that, the offense was consistent and we ran the ball well against a very good defense. I still contend that we have the best offense in the B1G...but you could make an argument for Northwestern as well.

That was pretty much perfect, Maud. +1

You know what I find amusing? You don't poke your head around here except after losses or close wins. Then, when you do, you take it upon yourself to trash Bo over and over again. It's ridiculous and IMO trollish..................have a discussion if you want, but I feel you start threads like this to just get a reaction out of people, which is the very definition of a troll! We get you don't like Bo, move on with your life!

Im glad that I amuse you. I read this board on a regular basis. It's a lot easier to have discussions with people when they play poorly. My opinions of Bo and the direction of this program don't change from week to week. Im not going to come in here and bash Bo when we are beating lowly Idaho State 70-3....thats just pointless. When we play poorly on national tv, in primetime, game after game....and continue to make the same mistakes over and over....that's when I come to the board. I guess I think I can knock some sense into people around here. That's what this forum is for.

You don't amuse me, you annoy me, there is a difference, please don't confuse the two. You also find it easier to get people to agree with your point-of-view after a close game or loss because you're working with raw emotions and knee jerk reactions. That way you can have your, "Ha, see I told you people!" moment. I know your opinions don't change from week-to-week, you make that obvious so there is no hiding that. Why won't you bash Bo when we are beating "lowly" Idaho State so badly? Can't you make your points about Bo whether we are winning or losing? Or do you need those "raw emotions" to try and prove your point?