Pelini quote about his ability (I'm assuming)

Seriously Accountability? I guess I would go so far as to call Bo a prick like guy, but true to form just as Bo has done in the past, he acts like a baby in front of the media. They talked about this on "the show" on am 590 espn radion out of omaha. Why on earth can't Bo just celebrate a good win without some kind of "look at me" or "i showed you" response (see ohio state last year). Instead, it's like Bo picking fights with the media. The media will write whatever they care to write. That should be of no concern to Bo, because they do not matter. All that should matter is the next game.

I don't understand how as a coach you're telling your players not to worry about the media, but you turn around and make matters worse, AGAIN. Look at Martinez for example. How would it look if he came out and said, "see, told ya i could pass" after the southern miss game. First, it proves nothing because there is a lot left to prove the rest of the season and second, if you don't like people criticizing your defense, then call/coach a better d. Let your body of work do the talking.

I like bo as a coach for the most part, but the way he chooses to deal with the media is a little sad. But, some people fall in love with a coach/player and deflect all scrutiny and make it someone else's fault (the media, position coaches, the fans, etc.).

Yes Bo has a history of it, but it's improved greatly. But what happened Monday is ridiculous to think Bo was instigating anything. He didnt want to talk about it. He said no plain and simple. But it was the asshat reporter that kept on it. If someone asks you something that you respond no to in an obvious gesture that you dont want to talk about it, but they keep bugging you about, you'd get a little upset too. As far as the Ohio St. game last year, his behavior afterwords was totally necassary in my eyes. Some of these negative reporter such as that one in particular get carried away with their negativity and the crap gets old. I dont mind honest reporting, but some never have anything good to say regardless, kinda like a lot of fans. Hell yes it's ok for Bo to show "I told you so" attitude. Quit trying to throw him and the team under the bus and he wouldnt have to.

I understand my opinions on such an issue differ from many because I'm about as hard-assed as a person can be. I believe in stand up and tell it like it is mentality more than anyone. When someone bags on a player and then he goes out and does great, hell yes I'm gonna let you know about it.

As far as not enjoying the win vs Wisconsin, I think the guy was still trying to figure out what happened. It was such a two-parted game that he was still probably steaming from the way it started. I just dotn have a problem with him getting snippy with the media when they ask something dumb, especially like the one a week or so back that was basically trying to trick him into saying something bad about fan expectations and what not. Those things are the bullsh#t i'm getting at.

• Fire 1

Did any of you even listen to the exchange between Bo and the reporter talking about going back to OSU? Because it doesn't sound like it.

I listened to it live and there wasn't anythig snotty at all with Bo's responses to the questions. In fact, my first reaction was....."wow....Bo handled that well." He wasn't upset. He didn't snap at him. He never raised his voice. He simply answered the question several times and finally asked almost in a confused manner...."What do you want me to say?" He wasn't upset, he was confused as to why he kept asking the question over and over again.

Get over this the Bo trashing about his temper. I haven't seen anything this year that even comes close to being a problem.

Thank you. That's the point I was trying to make. All he did was answer "no" and "what do you want me to say" Let's face it, the reporter didnt have anything to write about that day, and Bo wasnt giving him anything, and the reporter threw the tissy fit.

Didn't listen to it and honestly I wasn't really commenting about him going back to Ohio State. The "loaded" statement that should not have been made was the one about him not forgetting how to coach defense.

I understand your points on not picking fights with the media. I understand why one would see it as a negative approach. But his ability to coach defense has begun to get questioned a lot over the last season and a half, and after the UCLA game it was sh#tstorm of negativity surrounding his ability. He reads papers, I'm sure he peeks at some boards every now and then. He knows what people are saying, and when his defense performs very well for 3 straight weeks after, I'm sure he wants to say "see, I do still know how". I dont have a problem with that. I guess maybe his tone and demeanor are what makes it seem antagonistic, but that's just the way he is.

I've read it here and have heard it all across campus and in other places, but the biggest gripe at least for the past couple of seasons is, "Bo doesn't make halftime adjustments, or adjustments when adjustments need to be made."

What was the difference between the first and second halves of the Wisconsin game? The defense adjusted to what Wisconsin was doing on offense. Being able to hold any FBS team to close to under 100 yards of offense in a half is pretty damned good.

Also, anytime the offense turns the ball over inside the 15, I can't expect the defense to prevent the other team from scoring. That's a ridiculously short field to defend, and when you're offense can't get moving and give the defense some time to relax and catch their breath, that only exacerbates (wow spelled that one right first time as well, look at me) the problem.

Oh jeez...certain HB members are going to jump all over his quote.

I'm not going to jump all over him for it, however, I do find it needlessly combative. For someone who claims to never care what is said in the press or on message boards, he sure spends a lot of time bitching about it.

And I do understand being hard assed and not I'm necessary saying he's wrong in how he probably feels, but I think no matter whate does he will ever "defeat" the media. Somethings are just better left un-said. As zoogies mentioned, it probably leads to a worse situation down the road.

Winning cures everything. I just wish Bo would make a statement like that after an 10, 11, 12 win season instead of a comeback win over Wisonsin.

Adjustments are overrated. Anytime we play worse in the second half, we didnt make any adjustments. When we play better, we did. It's just a term that is thrown around by most who have no understanding of what the adjustments could actually be. The average fans does not actually know, but throws the term around because of what it seems.

• Fire 3

Adjustments are overrated. Anytime we play worse in the second half, we didnt make any adjustments. When we play better, we did. It's just a term that is thrown around by most who have no understanding of what the adjustments could actually be. The average fans does not actually know, but throws the term around because of what it seems.

Totally agree. There are so many variables at play. It basically comes down to execution.

Nailed it!

I think a lot of people see better execution in the form of tackling, catching, making reads, etc, and assume it is an adjustment.

What most people don't see, regarding adjustments, is lineman holding a combo block for one second longer, widening splits by 6 inches, WR lining up a few yards further/closer to the ball, etc. This is not meant as an attack on the common fan, I am one. If an adjustment is a "good adjustment" the opposing staff should have a hard time seeing it, let alone the "common fan".

Bo said it himself when asked about the turnaround. It wasn't strategy. It was execution.

But when a team comes out jittery, turns the ball over repeatedly and clumsily, and picks up some penalties, it still requires an adjustment. They need to calm down and/or focus, play loose, bear down, whatever you want to tell them in the locker room. But it's still about coaching and adjustment.

This team still freaks out too easily.

btw....my "prick" comment wasn't so much about the return to Ohio question at the press conference, where I had assumed he gave a single word answer to a harmless question.

It was the two petulant swipes he took at the press after an inspiring (and pretty lucky) come from behind victory.

That, and his four year history here.

And knowing people who've met him.

i wish nebraska would hire the kansas state head coach, that guy does great with a buch of 2 and 3 star players

Snyder is great with the media also. He is like listening to grass grow and paint dry at the same time. Why don't you guys just quit listening to the pressconferences.