Season isn't over

The season isn't over yet. But with Northwestern (mobile QB), Michigan (mobile QB) and Michigan State (road game) coming up, things are going to get very interesting if NU doesn't find a defense pronto. Until NU can consistently stop mobile QB's and teams with strong running games, we will be an average football team. I hate to say it, but I see NU as an 8-4 or 7-5 team at the end of the year.

We can't stop a mobile QB nor will we under Bo especially with the players we have right now on defense. I see losses to Northwestern and Michigan due to that fact. I see us unraveling again with an away game at Michigan St. Fumbles, interceptions and turnovers against the best defense in the big ten. Penn St. is playing much better so that is a toss up as well. Minnsota and Iowa are not for sure either. 7-5 is very possible and the most likely.

What makes me so sick is that this is the year we had our greatest chance to play for the conference championship. Instead we make so many errors that we self destruct time and time again. I'm so sick of it. It starts with the coaches. Many of our assistants are very good, but other are suspect. I'm a Bo advocate, but now so much anymore half way through his fifth year. I think we need a head coach with strong head coaching experience. Bo is safe this year, but less so next year with the new AD. Time will tell.

I don't understand why everyone is all up in arms about this loss and throwing in the towel for the season. Did anyone circle the Ohio St. game at the beginning of the year and say "Oh, that's a game we'll win for sure"? I doubt it. Everything that happened on Saturday night we have seen before. Some people are living in fantasy land if they expected a different outcome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bo's defenses own pocket passing QB's and get dominated by QB's that can run. This isn't a secret. We're going to beat Northwestern, lose to Michigan, and then (after another blowup on the message board about how "shocking" it was that Denard ran all over us) we'll win the last four. 9-3 regular season, Michigan wins the B1G. Another loss to an SEC team in a bowl game, and a 9-4 record to end the season. Any higher expectations than this are unrealistic, and lower expectations are due to bitterness over this loss. People need to start realizing what this team is and what they're capable of, and after seeing all of the score predictions coming into this game, a lot of fans are way off.

• Fire 1

we just got 60 plus points put on our defense by a mediocre team. i don't know where you guys find this optimism.

tOSU is now a mediocre team, now. I guess that all the teams in the top 10 are mediocre. LOL :huh:

They are highly overrated. They are a good to very good team, but not a great one. We made them look national championship caliber.

I don't understand why everyone is all up in arms about this loss and throwing in the towel for the season. Did anyone circle the Ohio St. game at the beginning of the year and say "Oh, that's a game we'll win for sure"? I doubt it. Everything that happened on Saturday night we have seen before. Some people are living in fantasy land if they expected a different outcome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bo's defenses own pocket passing QB's and get dominated by QB's that can run. This isn't a secret. We're going to beat Northwestern, lose to Michigan, and then (after another blowup on the message board about how "shocking" it was that Denard ran all over us) we'll win the last four. 9-3 regular season, Michigan wins the B1G. Another loss to an SEC team in a bowl game, and a 9-4 record to end the season. Any higher expectations than this are unrealistic, and lower expectations are due to bitterness over this loss. People need to start realizing what this team is and what they're capable of, and after seeing all of the score predictions coming into this game, a lot of fans are way off.

You do realize that Northwestern's QB is a mobile QB as well right? He's the same one that gave us fits in the second half of the Northwestern game last season. Kain Colter..........he's gonna give us fits!

You didn't even give us a spoiler alert warning. How dare you give away the ending. :ahhhhhhhh

Apparently nobody knows that Kain Colter isn't Northwestern's QB. He plays receiver. Ish.

I didn't, until yesterday. Well, I guess they have a dual-QB system and Colter will likely see a lot of action against us at the helm, as he does (every?) game? I'm really not sure. I know that Colter attempted 0 of NW's 36 passes vs Penn State, and 3 of NW's 35 passes the game before that (while adding 14 runs for 161 yards).

Yeah, so basically I'm confused.

Colter played QB for about 10 snaps vs. Penn St. and ran zone read about every time. Their starting QB was not very impressive, and neither was their defense. They have good coaching and they'll use some trick plays to put up points, but I don't see them stopping our offense at all. If they're smart they'll put Colter at QB all game, and if that's the case I will retract my statement that it's an automatic W.

When did the Husker fans become soft????????? I expect the Huskers to have a standard of contending for a national championship every year. When did this standard evaporate? When Tom O retired?? It is making me think that he was a great man with a bunch of cowards quivering behind him. Stop being scared to be great!! Be a real man!! Time to awaken the Husker tradition. We beat ranked teams by 4 touchdowns not loose to them by 4 TD's.

When did the Husker fans become soft????????? I expect the Huskers to have a standard of contending for a national championship every year. When did this standard evaporate? When Tom O retired?? It is making me think that he was a great man with a bunch of cowards quivering behind him. Stop being scared to be great!! Be a real man!! Time to awaken the Husker tradition. We beat ranked teams by 4 touchdowns not loose to them by 4 TD's.

Forget national championships, how about conference ones? Man. Haven't seen one of those in 13 years.