Season isn't over

I don't understand why everyone is all up in arms about this loss and throwing in the towel for the season. Did anyone circle the Ohio St. game at the beginning of the year and say "Oh, that's a game we'll win for sure"? I doubt it. Everything that happened on Saturday night we have seen before. Some people are living in fantasy land if they expected a different outcome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bo's defenses own pocket passing QB's and get dominated by QB's that can run. This isn't a secret. We're going to beat Northwestern, lose to Michigan, and then (after another blowup on the message board about how "shocking" it was that Denard ran all over us) we'll win the last four. 9-3 regular season, Michigan wins the B1G. Another loss to an SEC team in a bowl game, and a 9-4 record to end the season. Any higher expectations than this are unrealistic, and lower expectations are due to bitterness over this loss. People need to start realizing what this team is and what they're capable of, and after seeing all of the score predictions coming into this game, a lot of fans are way off.

This is what's wrong, we fail and people accept it, when did we start accepting the flaws of our program and not do anything about it? Hey we're bad against running Qb's in Bo's system but it's ok we're going to lose those games because we'll beat a team that runs a pro style offense. Hey Bo wanna face teams that only run that type of offense go coach in the NFL. Adjustments need to be made, plain and simple and after 5 years Bo won't make them.

The US didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor- the program is in pieces. I hope we can get it all together and salvage the rest. Historically, we have seen what happens when coach has lost his team. We are on the brink and slouching towards mediocrity. I am still a fan and will continue to tail gate my arse off and buy season tickets.

DAMN!!! All these years and I've believed that the JAPANESE bombed pearl harbor!!!

lol exactly what I thought when I read this post, and then I started thinking about what a terrible, terrible analogy it was as well...

I don't understand why everyone is all up in arms about this loss and throwing in the towel for the season. Did anyone circle the Ohio St. game at the beginning of the year and say "Oh, that's a game we'll win for sure"? I doubt it. Everything that happened on Saturday night we have seen before. Some people are living in fantasy land if they expected a different outcome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bo's defenses own pocket passing QB's and get dominated by QB's that can run. This isn't a secret. We're going to beat Northwestern, lose to Michigan, and then (after another blowup on the message board about how "shocking" it was that Denard ran all over us) we'll win the last four. 9-3 regular season, Michigan wins the B1G. Another loss to an SEC team in a bowl game, and a 9-4 record to end the season. Any higher expectations than this are unrealistic, and lower expectations are due to bitterness over this loss. People need to start realizing what this team is and what they're capable of, and after seeing all of the score predictions coming into this game, a lot of fans are way off.

This is what's wrong, we fail and people accept it, when did we start accepting the flaws of our program and not do anything about it? Hey we're bad against running Qb's in Bo's system but it's ok we're going to lose those games because we'll beat a team that runs a pro style offense. Hey Bo wanna face teams that only run that type of offense go coach in the NFL. Adjustments need to be made, plain and simple and after 5 years Bo won't make them.

Well, there isnt going to be any coaching changes during the season. In fact, it's probably not happening after this season either. Nor are there going to be any major philosophical changes. So I suggest you just cool it, relax and enjoy the rest of the season before you have an annurism. Nebraska football isnt the only thing in life, though it almost is. Had this fact engrained into my head after the loss to Oklahoma in the big 12 title game. I was miserable and then 3 days later had to watch my grandmother pass away in a hospital and realized that it's just not that big of deal anymore. I love it yes. I jump on here everyday to post and read opinions, bicker with a disgruntled fan or two and be on my way. But I refuse to let the success and dismay of Nebraska football gray my hair. To concern yourself with lowering expectations this, and accepting flaws and a whole bunch of other stuff that you literally have ZERO control over is only going to cause you bitterness and heartache. I'm as loyal and diehard as they come. Listen to sports nightly every night. all 12+hours of radio game coverage every saturday. Make most to all home games, and give up fun stuff all year round to do so becuase I do love it. But you cannot let it gray your hair.

EDIT: I shoudnt've have quoted MT on this. This is a shoutout to all the bitter fans here screaming for heads and change this and expectations that. It's not worth it.

When did the Husker fans become soft????????? I expect the Huskers to have a standard of contending for a national championship every year. When did this standard evaporate? When Tom O retired?? It is making me think that he was a great man with a bunch of cowards quivering behind him. Stop being scared to be great!! Be a real man!! Time to awaken the Husker tradition. We beat ranked teams by 4 touchdowns not loose to them by 4 TD's.

Forget national championships, how about conference ones? Man. Haven't seen one of those in 13 years.

Forget about conference championship games, lets win A game that we are not supposed to. If we can't win one of these, CCG and MNC's will be nowhere to be seen.

Well, there isnt going to be any coaching changes during the season. In fact, it's probably not happening after this season either. Nor are there going to be any major philosophical changes. So I suggest you just cool it, relax and enjoy the rest of the season before you have an annurism. Nebraska football isnt the only thing in life, though it almost is. Had this fact engrained into my head after the loss to Oklahoma in the big 12 title game. I was miserable and then 3 days later had to watch my grandmother pass away in a hospital and realized that it's just not that big of deal anymore. I love it yes. I jump on here everyday to post and read opinions, bicker with a disgruntled fan or two and be on my way. But I refuse to let the success and dismay of Nebraska football gray my hair. To concern yourself with lowering expectations this, and accepting flaws and a whole bunch of other stuff that you literally have ZERO control over is only going to cause you bitterness and heartache. I'm as loyal and diehard as they come. Listen to sports nightly every night. all 12+hours of radio game coverage every saturday. Make most to all home games, and give up fun stuff all year round to do so becuase I do love it. But you cannot let it gray your hair.

EDIT: I shoudnt've have quoted MT on this. This is a shoutout to all the bitter fans here screaming for heads and change this and expectations that. It's not worth it.

I don't know what kind of exciting life you lead, but I sure can't go along with that kind of thinking

• Fire 1

This season isn't over. Bo as stated in the OWH has "set the bar" we need to hold him to that. We need to win out. It's possible, maybe this is a good time to get a bye week with two mobile QB's in a row. I haven't given up. I'm sick and tired of all these people saying Bo needs to go, we suck, blah blah blah.. Last time I checked we are 4-2 and in October. Get over yourselves. We have things to work on and Bo knows what needs to be worked on. All the naysayers will be back on the bandwagon after the NW game.

Dude, we suck

U 2

T_O_B

:troll:

The US didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor- the program is in pieces. I hope we can get it all together and salvage the rest. Historically, we have seen what happens when coach has lost his team. We are on the brink and slouching towards mediocrity. I am still a fan and will continue to tail gate my arse off and buy season tickets.

Sorry but the Germans were busy in France at the time. Ever heard of Japan? Your whole post just went down the toilet along with the other 612 posts. My God. Now try this 2 + 2 = ?

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

I believe in our team, thats why I believe we can go 6-0. How can you call yourself a true fan, if you don't think we can win every game we go into. Maybe OUR fans are losing there expectations... But to each their own.

That might be the dumbest comment I've seen on here since I moved over from the dark side. Your not a true fan if you don't think you can win every game you go into? Seriously?

Back to the dark side with you. T_O_B

No offense, but I think we'd be extremely lucky and fortunate to do anything better than .500 in our final six games. Also, if you don't think that Colter will see quite a bit of playing time at QB against us, you are fooling yourself. They'd be idiots not to play him at QB against us.

You still here? I suppose we have to put up with you for 2 weeks.

T_O_B

DAMN!!! All these years and I've believed that the JAPANESE bombed pearl harbor!!!

lol exactly what I thought when I read this post, and then I started thinking about what a terrible, terrible analogy it was as well...

bunch of kids that have never seen the movie animal house? it is a perfect analogy of husker nation right now. we are the deltas.

When did the Husker fans become soft????????? I expect the Huskers to have a standard of contending for a national championship every year. When did this standard evaporate? When Tom O retired?? It is making me think that he was a great man with a bunch of cowards quivering behind him. Stop being scared to be great!! Be a real man!! Time to awaken the Husker tradition. We beat ranked teams by 4 touchdowns not loose to them by 4 TD's.

"Standards" DO NOT EQUAL "Expectations"!!!

Obviously the 'expectation' is to still win it all. Otherwise this board wouldn't go into meltdown mode after a loss. So the fan base still EXPECTS to win them all.

National Championships has never been a STANDARD at Nebraksa. If it has, how do Devaney and Osborne only win 5 when they coached for a combined 35 years. That is a success rate of 14%!!!!! They should have been fired and are absolute atrocities in Husker Lore....

Pull out a dictionary and read the meanings of the words "expectations" and "standards"

EDIT: while you have the dictionary out, look up the meanings of "loose"....

Edited by funhusker

Realistic fans know every year is not a NC year, but when the stars are lined up for a team you expect great seasons. Next year everyone thinks the stars are lined up for the Huskers, so this year everyone was wanting to see the improvement that shows us the staff is building this team to take advantage of these opportunities. We needed to see growth in the lines on both sides, we needed to see a staff that was growing up and learning how and be willing to make adjustments, we needed to see a solid effort for a whole game. IMO we saw none of this. Of course the season is not over, we still have games to play. But for those of us that were expecting to see growth in this unit in the "test games" we already have the answers in UCLA and Ohio St. We already know Michigan is a loss now, we are outclassed on the lines and they have a dynamic running qb. Penn St, Northwestern, and Michigan St are toss ups, and Minnesota is the only one we should flat out win although they are improving and will put up a better fight. I will cheer and enjoy each game just because it's the Huskers, but the season has already given us the answers to the questions we had going in, and I don't like them.