OSU halftime show

Script ohio is sacred. To put this in perspective, I do believe this is the first time this has ever happened. We have visiting teams from all across the country play here. None of them disrespected our band in such a manner. It would be like our kicker breaking into your locker room during your team prayer and started kicking balls against the wall. It is really unfortunate because its stuff like this that will turn ohio state fans crazy towards another fan base. I really hope that doesn't happen.

You also have to understand that the person dotting the I waits sometimes 3 or 4 years for that opportunity. They have family and friends there and it's. a very big deal. I feel bad for that kid that was probably so excited leading up to it to have to deal with that.

It's just as much our fault though, the field administrators didn't do their jobs and remove them from the field, though Brutus buckeye tried.

I saw this. I went into the ESPN game conversation for our game, and a bunch of tOSU fans were being total douches about this. Who gives a damn, honestly. But this does raise an interesting question:

Bo is an OSU alum. I'm sure he knows all about this tradition. Do you think he sent Maher and Bondi out on purpose? Or was it just an honest mistake?

lol who gives a damn? I hope you werent serious, thats a pretty big deal down there and is equivalent to direspecting the national anthem.

I'm pretty sure if I was a kicker, I could care less about the other teams band performance and make sure that I am prepared to not make any mistakes in the game I am about to play. I would have just kept warming up. This was at a football game, wasn't it?

It is but you have to also respect traditions of the team your visiting. I guess I didn't realize the band at Nebraska was an "afterthought". One of the traditions of the big ten is the pageantry of the bands. It comes from years of excellence and showmanship and the competition between bands is almost as intense as football.

Boy.....am I catching hell from a OSU "friend" about this. I can't believe anything disrespectful was intended. I guess the crowd yelling "as*****"" is OK though...........

The a$$hole chants did not come until after booing for quite sometime and the kicker refusing to get off the field. As I said, it's sacred, nothing will piss osu fans off more than talking bad or disrespecting the band.

You also have to understand that the person dotting the I waits sometimes 3 or 4 years for that opportunity. They have family and friends there and it's. a very big deal. I feel bad for that kid that was probably so excited leading up to it to have to deal with that.

Maybe I can't see it clearly, but the video above makes it look like the "i dotter" is a member of the band- namely, a tuba player judging by the shape and size of the instrument. It's unfortunate it happened nonetheless, but I'll feel better about it if that's the case.

It is a sousaphone player. (Similar to a tuba) It is always a sousaphone player that dots the i except in the VERY rare case that a celebrity gets the honor. But competition for the sousaphone player is intense, and they have to work their way up through the ranks and audition for it. It take years to finally get the chance.

From the band site

"Who dots the "i"

To be eligible to dot the "i", a sousaphone player must at least be a fourth-year member. Fifth-year members also are eligible to dot the "i", but only after all fourth-year members have been chosen. At postseason performances (usually double scripts), fourth and fifth-year members compete for the open dots in what is called a "dot-off", in which eligible members perform their routine for the entire sousaphone section. Members watch two rounds of competition and vote for the best two candidates.

Woody Hayes and Bob Hope are among the select few non-band members who have had the honor of dotting the "i." This is considered the greatest honor the band can bestow to any non-band person and is an extremely special (and rare) event.

It is a sousaphone player. (Similar to a tuba) It is always a sousaphone player that dots the i except in the VERY rare case that a celebrity gets the honor. But competition for the sousaphone player is intense, and they have to work their way up through the ranks and audition for it. It take years to finally get the chance.

From the band site

"Who dots the "i"

To be eligible to dot the "i", a sousaphone player must at least be a fourth-year member. Fifth-year members also are eligible to dot the "i", but only after all fourth-year members have been chosen. At postseason performances (usually double scripts), fourth and fifth-year members compete for the open dots in what is called a "dot-off", in which eligible members perform their routine for the entire sousaphone section. Members watch two rounds of competition and vote for the best two candidates.

I see. I'm embarrassed. Usually my knowledge of the horn section is much more accurate.

• Fire 1

From the band site

"Who dots the "i"

I see. I'm embarrassed. Usually my knowledge of the horn section is much more accurate.

No worries, they are pretty close to each other from what I know. I'm not really a band person, but every buckeye is a tosumb fan

I saw this. I went into the ESPN game conversation for our game, and a bunch of tOSU fans were being total douches about this. Who gives a damn, honestly. But this does raise an interesting question:

Bo is an OSU alum. I'm sure he knows all about this tradition. Do you think he sent Maher and Bondi out on purpose? Or was it just an honest mistake?

lol who gives a damn? I hope you werent serious, thats a pretty big deal down there and is equivalent to direspecting the national anthem.

I'm pretty sure if I was a kicker, I could care less about the other teams band performance and make sure that I am prepared to not make any mistakes in the game I am about to play. I would have just kept warming up. This was at a football game, wasn't it?

^^^ THIS. Everybody said that OSU's halftime performance ran really long and would not have left any time for the players/kickers to warm up or get loose again. It's not their problem. The coaches and kickers have a job to do, and it's not their fault that the band played for a long time.

This is a pretty stupid conversation even to be having, if you ask me.

Here's my takeaway from all of this--why the holy hell can't we be doing this at DoNU?

During the 90s, we had one of the best bands in the nation--have we become stagnant in that department as well? Or is it something where our band has tried to do new and creative things in the past, and the blue hairs threw a hissy fit about it, so we gave up innovating?

Here's my takeaway from all of this--why the holy hell can't we be doing this at DoNU?

During the 90s, we had one of the best bands in the nation--have we become stagnant in that department as well? Or is it something where our band has tried to do new and creative things in the past, and the blue hairs threw a hissy fit about it, so we gave up innovating?

It's the pride-a of all-a Nebraska-a.

I was at the game and I was pissed that they said we disrepected the band, when they completely disrespected the visiting team by not allowing them to have a warm up. Football was priority one and every team is supposed to be allowed to warmup at halftime. They had 20 min's to get it done and they did not. If they were running behind they should have removed one of the video game drawings. You do realize kickers can pull muscles not warming up right and also miss field goals for not getting to practice. I am sorry but had OSU not disrepected NU first, NU would not have (probably unintentional had they know how sacred this SCRIPT thing is) had 2 players run on the field to do what every football teams has always done at everygame and at every stadium and warm up and thus disrespecting OSU band people. PS our team didn't get to warm up because there was 1 min left when the script exited the field and the players got on the field.