What record would 'officially' put Bo on the 'hot seat'?

Foppa

What record puts Bo on the 'hot seat'?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WE'RE F'ING NEBRASKA DADGUMMIT. OUR COACHES ARE ON THE HOT SEAT ALL THE TIME. :ahhhhhhhh

Which is why we won't be able to bring in top tier coaching talent in any position. The expectations are too high. Not saying that they shouldn't be high, but we are inpatient as a fanbase. Probably the most inpatient one when it comes to college football.

Ask John L. Smith who the most impatient fans in college football are when he's looking for a new job after this season's over.

We're not the most ANYTHING fans in college football. We're just fans, like everybody else.

Exactly! Anyone who thinks Nebraska fans are more impatient or have any higher expectations than any other top-tier program, obviously hasn't spent any time around any other top-tier programs...regardless of what Bo Pelini wants you to believe. I've got news for you and him, ALL premier programs are high pressure gigs with extremely high expectations and impatient fan bases.

If the new AD is worth the hire at NU, and not a pushover waiting to make a "statement", Pelini is safe no matter what this year.

If the new AD is a "joke" and has absolutely zero idea of how to run a big program, Pelini might be on the hotseat if he doesn't win more than 7 games. However this is a non-issue because the Huskers will beat Northwestern, Minnesota, Penn State, and at least one of Iowa, Michigan, MSU.

My prediction: NU wins 8/9 regular season games, and will win 1 or 2 more in the form of a championship game & bowl game. I still see this as a 10 win seaon when it's all over.

The more games the Huskers win during the season: the worse chance they have of winning a bowl game.

If the Huskers win less, towards the 8/9 area: the better chance they have of getting a winnable bowl matchup.

Rightly or wrongly, if Bo's name is mentioned again at the next round HC openings, a lot of fans will be hoping he moves on....

All the Bo "haters" better hope this is the case. If Pelini leaves NU under any circumstance outside of his own terms right now, the programs is shot. We currently have a coach who is living up to NU STANDARDS (different from expectations) and we actually have people talking about replacements.

I'm not really sure why people think we'll have a bad record this year. UCLA snuck up on us. For me, I knew UCLA had better athletes than we did because Nudeheisel could recruit talent. However, I didn't think Mora could have that talent coached up that well to play at that level that early in the season. Ohio State on the other hand didn't shock me at all. They have better talent, and Urban is a pretty good coach. I still don't believe we would have won the game a year ago if Miller doesn't go down to injury. Who's left on the schedule that really makes anyone shake in their boots? Michigan? They could be tough depending on how shoelace plays and how many times he turns the ball over. Actually, Shoelace and Martinez are very similar. Michigan State? If Martinez takes care of the ball, we should be able to get by Michigan State. I wouldn't be surprised at all to win our side of the division. If I had to place a bet right now, I would bet we won't drop any more than one game the rest of the regular season.

I'm not really sure why people think we'll have a bad record this year. UCLA snuck up on us. For me, I knew UCLA had better athletes than we did because Nudeheisel could recruit talent. However, I didn't think Mora could have that talent coached up that well to play at that level that early in the season. Ohio State on the other hand didn't shock me at all. They have better talent, and Urban is a pretty good coach. I still don't believe we would have won the game a year ago if Miller doesn't go down to injury. Who's left on the schedule that really makes anyone shake in their boots? Michigan? They could be tough depending on how shoelace plays and how many times he turns the ball over. Actually, Shoelace and Martinez are very similar. Michigan State? If Martinez takes care of the ball, we should be able to get by Michigan State. I wouldn't be surprised at all to win our side of the division. If I had to place a bet right now, I would bet we won't drop any more than one game the rest of the regular season.

It seems to me that the rest of the year should be interesting. You say we lose only 1 more game.. and that is, I suppose, not inconceivable. That said, losing to NU, Michigan, MSU and Penn State --- 4 more loses... that too is not inconceivable either. Or... anything in between either. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. Right now, if I had to predict, we go 3-3 from here and finish the regular season 7-5... though 8-4 is almost as likely. But again... hard to tell. You might be right and lose but 1.

If the team wins out and we win our admittedly weak conference, the conversation about the hot seat is over. However, knowing this team and this staff like we do, no one in their right mind expects this to happen. If the team implodes 07 style, his seat will be blistering, and the question will be when, not if, changes are coming. This scenario is made worse by the fact that Bo has already turned over most of his staff, including both coordinators. He's left himself no excuses.

The most likely scenario as far as I can see is 7-8 wins with a bowl performance to set the offseason tone. We win and we can get more fluff pieces about military training exercises and improved leadership and accountability. We lose and we've got a long offseason ahead. The conversations then will make that seat plenty warm.