What record would 'officially' put Bo on the 'hot seat'?

Foppa

What record puts Bo on the 'hot seat'?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

His seat is already hot. And Pelini just more or less gave his own line in the sand in the post game. He said they must win the next 6. Anything less than a division title is a massive step backwards. And the direction the program is trending is as much a problem as anything else. The first three years he tied for, or outright won a division title. After moving to a weaker conference he finished 3rd the first year, and this year the conference is weaker still.

No coach at NU has not ended up fired after giving up 60+ The only guys to do it are Solich vs Colorado. Callahan vs TT and Ball ST and Colorado. And now Pelini vs OSU.

WTF... You realize that in the Big Texas conference our division consisted of Missouri, Kansas, K State, Colorado, and Iowa State, right?..... Mizzou was good for a couple years, and so was KU, but nobody else was worth a damn when we were there.

In the B1G, our conference is Mich St, Northwester, Michigan, Iowa, and Minnesota. It's not a cakewalk to get to the conference championship game anymore.

I think a very strong argument could be made that the B1G is weaker than when we won the North outright twice,and split it with Mizzou once. I would have to go look, but I'm pretty sure the non-con wins were better those years.

Too bad non-con schedule has absolutely NOTHING to do with how strong the conference or division is. In 2008 (Bo's first year), yeah I think our division of the Big 12 was better than our B1G division is THIS year. Not last year.

I think 7-5 this year. We realisitically could lose 3-4 more games this year - and that's BEFORE the bowl game. The myopian in me hopes it'll be two, but after putting the kool-aid down I realize the probability of making the CCG this year is now kinda low. Bo's got to get things right this year AND next, but I don't see it happening. His most veteran defense got lit up for 63. Even if we went -3 in turnovers, that shouldn't happen.

I have to think back to why TO fired Doc: Was the program gaining momentum or losing momentum? Eichorst will NOT be as patient as TO.

WE'RE F'ING NEBRASKA DADGUMMIT. OUR COACHES ARE ON THE HOT SEAT ALL THE TIME. :ahhhhhhhh

Which is why we won't be able to bring in top tier coaching talent in any position. The expectations are too high. Not saying that they shouldn't be high, but we are inpatient as a fanbase. Probably the most inpatient one when it comes to college football.

WE'RE F'ING NEBRASKA DADGUMMIT. OUR COACHES ARE ON THE HOT SEAT ALL THE TIME. :ahhhhhhhh

Which is why we won't be able to bring in top tier coaching talent in any position. The expectations are too high. Not saying that they shouldn't be high, but we are inpatient as a fanbase. Probably the most inpatient one when it comes to college football.

Ask John L. Smith who the most impatient fans in college football are when he's looking for a new job after this season's over.

We're not the most ANYTHING fans in college football. We're just fans, like everybody else.

There's more than simply a set number of wins or losses that can land you on the hot seat.

There are style points, too. Bo Pelini was brought in as a defensive guru, and his defenses have gotten progressively worse as his hand-picked recruits have become starters.

Nobody likes embarassments like this, and they seem to infect offense, defense, special teams at the same time. Clearly there's talent on this team, and a fair amount of experience together at this point. They shouldn't be getting the yips. The team takes the field in a state of mind, and that's a big part of being a head coach. Bo's teams, more than most, have a tendency to go out of synch at the worst time.

I think there's enough talent on this team to rally, maybe even dominate some of the upcoming opposition, but I wouldn't bet a penny on anything. All available evidence suggests anything could happen.

And what we forget immersed in our Husker world is that every other team we're going to face is in the same position. They don't know what's going to happen week to week either.

I am willing to bet that Bo Pelini is the kind of guy who will not tolerate a hot seat. He just laid down the gauntlet, he hears the grumbling, and he's more likely to engineer his own exit than let himself be fired.

The criterion is always "which direction is the program going?" and five seasons will be a pretty fair assesment. At which point you give Bo a sixth season. And hope he's got some defensive gems in the pipeline.

But the second half collapse against the SEC's #5 team in last season's bowl game ensured Bo would start the season on the hot seat, and he hasn't done anything to cool it.

Ears peeled back and go for broke. That's the only way to play the rest of the season.

Gene Chizek is on the hot seat two seasons after going 14-0 and winning a National Championship at Auburn. Larry Coker was fired four years after winning his first 24 games, a National Championship and another title game at Miami. Michigan nipped the Rich Rod era in the bud after three seasons, and he was in the hot seat halfway thru his first season. Alabama has had a pretty short leash, too. All the major football programs are able to attract top coaching talent -- if they're smart about it -- and everyone understands that the pressure cooker of expectations comes with a big stage and a big salary.

For that matter, the coaches who get fired tend to get rehired pretty quickly, and some of them do better in another environment.

• Fire 2

Gene Chizek is on the hot seat two seasons after going 14-0 and winning a National Championship at Auburn. Larry Coker was fired four years after winning his first 24 games, a National Championship and another title game at Miami. Michigan nipped the Rich Rod era in the bud after three seasons, and he was in the hot seat halfway thru his first season. Alabama has had a pretty short leash, too. All the major football programs are able to attract top coaching talent -- if they're smart about it -- and everyone understands that the pressure cooker of expectations comes with a big stage and a big salary.

For that matter, the coaches who get fired tend to get rehired pretty quickly, and some of them do better in another environment.

have you seen rich rod lately? his story has not changed. score 48 points but give up 54. past september he can't win a game