Name your new coach

I'm shocked it took nearly a day for someone to post a "we need a new coach" thread...

Here's the thing. Realistically, who are you going to get to come in here, that will do better than Bo, who will actually want to come here and coach?

Thats right, the answer is currently, nobody. Do you think they really want to ask Solich to come back, the way he was shown the door last time? Turner Gill, I know there are several that have hardon's for him, but is he an improvement? Scott Frost, another fan favorite, is he really the answer?

The thing is, outside of what we have, are we going to improve what we have at the head coaching spot? I read the first 15 or 20 threads, and they're like reading horrible fantasy baseball trades... I'll trade you Miguel Cabrerra for Marco Scutaro....

I'm shocked it took nearly a day for someone to post a "we need a new coach" thread...

Here's the thing. Realistically, who are you going to get to come in here, that will do better than Bo, who will actually want to come here and coach?

Thats right, the answer is currently, nobody. Do you think they really want to ask Solich to come back, the way he was shown the door last time? Turner Gill, I know there are several that have hardon's for him, but is he an improvement? Scott Frost, another fan favorite, is he really the answer?

The thing is, outside of what we have, are we going to improve what we have at the head coaching spot? I read the first 15 or 20 threads, and they're like reading horrible fantasy baseball trades... I'll trade you Miguel Cabrerra for Marco Scutaro....

Why would you say 'nobody'? There are a number of guys at schools with less resources than what are available here, who are doing much better jobs with less talent. I do not understand this mindset. If you don't think this is a quality job, all I can think is you must be happy with the kind of thing we saw Sat.

All hell you did it now, you used that word "Realistically". posters will freak now.

Why would you say 'nobody'? There are a number of guys at schools with less resources than what are available here, who are doing much better jobs with less talent. I do not understand this mindset. If you don't think this is a quality job, all I can think is you must be happy with the kind of thing we saw Sat.

who?

Bo is still my coach. I see many folks are unhappy with his assistants he has hired. Does anyone know what the budget is for assistants coaches? I keep reading that he needs this guy or that guy and everything will be okay. Those that think we can replace Bo need to understand Nebraska is no longer a destination job. Cause there is no such thing anymore, anywhere. Coaches are only loyal to the one thing, the almighty dollar. Now we can kick Bo out and let the new AD search with his dad Perlman find a coach and set the program back another 5 years.

Bo is still my coach. I see many folks are unhappy with his assistants he has hired. Does anyone know what the budget is for assistants coaches? I keep reading that he needs this guy or that guy and everything will be okay. Those that think we can replace Bo need to understand Nebraska is no longer a destination job. Cause there is no such thing anymore, anywhere. Coaches are only loyal to the one thing, the almighty dollar. Now we can kick Bo out and let the new AD search with his dad Perlman find a coach and set the program back another 5 years.

not sure on the budget thing, but I guess I do not see Nebraska as a place where unproven assistants get coordinator jobs to cut their teeth on... although the kool-aid hangover in me would like to think schools would be crashing down the doors to get their hands on these guys in the future....

who?

Off the top of my head, I'm sure I could find more if I went looking.I may misspell a couple of these. Cutcliff, Taggert, Davis, Fitzgerald, Franklin, Rhodes..

who?

Off the top of my head, I'm sure I could find more if I went looking.I may misspell a couple of these. Cutcliff, Taggert, Davis, Fitzgerald, Franklin, Rhodes..

Are any of these guys going to be more successful than Bo?

David Cutcliffe - Duke?? Really, Duke?

Wilie Taggart - Western Kentucky?? That inspires no confidence

Butch Davis- UNC Maybe, but why would he come here?

Pat Fitzgerald - another Maybe, but again, see above

James Franklin - Vandy see Cutcliffe and Taggart

Ray Rhodes ?? If this is the Eagles Ray Rhodes, the thought of that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...

After all your suggestions, we might as well see if Rich Kotite's busy

who?

Rhodes:

2011 (6-7)

2010 (5-7)

2009 (7-6)

Franklin:

2011 (6-7)

2010 (1-7)

I'll stop there.

Cutcliff:

2011 (3-9)

2010 (3-9)

Taggart:

2011 (7-5)

2010 (2-10)

Once again, I'll stop there.

Fitzgerald. This is the only one you listed that is even debatable, but still take a look:

2011 (6-7) - bowl loss to a bad Texas A&M team

2010 (7-6)

2009 (8-5)

And by Davis, I assume you mean Butch Davis, so let's take a look there:

2010 (8-5)

2009 (8-5)

2008 (8-5)

Not bad, but remember that he cheated in recruiting his best defensive players to win this many games.

Now Bo:

2011 (9-4)

2010 (10-4)

2009 (10-4)

2008 (9-4)

You tell me which coach has had the best results (and by results, I mean wins) out of this list. Yeah, there is no discussion here.

Now if you were to say Bill Snyder, then you have an argument. But Snyder is a frickin' wizard, and I have no idea how he does what he does.

No Carrol. No Tressel. I will settle for 9 wins every year and endure 2 of these losses each season to have the pride that we are "doing it right". The second we sacrafice that concept for the sake of a trophy with a crystal ball, we've lost EVERYTHING that makes this place special.

Yes. I took the OP as "if there is a silver bullet answer let's see it." And after hearing all the names and well-considered arguments for other coaches I wasn't persuaded. What would just buying the success mean anyway? Not that it matters because we can't even outspend Texas. Devaney and Osborne gave everything they had for the team and the axe was over their head the whole time. Bo has earned it in my eyes for totally buying into Nebraska culture. He has always done his best even when people are trashing his players and calling for his head. As long as we are making progress I will support Bo. If Bo really is on the hot seat or gets replaced I think that would be a huge short-sighted mistake that really hurts the program.

Thank you Shark for better illustrating my point.

Unless we're gonna take trip to fantasy land, we're not going to find a better coach at this time.

Agreed! That damn Sharky and his useful logic always rearing it's ugly head! I'm going down with Bo! Release the Ahole Bo! F&CK everybody and leave six for pallbearers! I don't see a viable guy who is out there that isn't about to be fired or was fired recently(petrino) that i would take over Bo!