Name your new coach

It's so obvious to me now. Landomatic.

Funny...and I haven't even weighed in on this thread. But thanks for the vote of confidence! :rolleyes:

Very unlikely that Bo's going anywhere this year (key words) from what I've seen.

He'll be out in a year or two, though and I suspect people's wish lists of candidates will look a lot different at that time.

Youre weight in everything else makes you a viable candidate in my eyes. For serious. You seem to have it all figure out. I would bet you would do it for a fraction of the money too.

The only comment I can make re; a new coach is this...

Hire someone who has been a head coach elsewhere and has been successful there in terms of fielding well-prepared, intense, high-energy focused players. Hire an experienced guy who has been there, has already made his mistakes of inexperience, has learned from his mistakes and has documented success as a leader, as an advocate of his program and as an abbassador of his school.

To hire an inexperienced person (like NU did with Bo) is not wise. To hire an experienced person who has documented problems (like NU did with Callahan) is also not wise. Hire experience whenever you can.

Who that would be? Could be an array of people... NU is still a good job. We can draw someone good....

Here's a couple of choices no one has mentioned but who may soon be available

1) Gene Chizik - Auburn is quickly discovering that a Chizik coached team without Cam Newton is basically a southern version of a Chizik coached Iowa State team

2) Gary Pinkel - Even Vanderbilt is making Missouri look inept. Welcome to the SEC Gary...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

3) Barry Switzer - This is a perfect twofer...you get a coach that can win and a coach the fans can hate. It's a win/win situation with Barry.

4) Mike Ditka - Sweater vest on the sidelines = success on the field.

5) Barney Cotton - Why not? He managed to sneak out of Iowa State with a raise and has laid low enough with Bo to stay off the radar so he must be doing something right. He could give the offensive line coaching duties to Doc Rivers since none of Doc's players could block anything either....

However, you can't take Paul Rhodes because he owes $1.25 that he borrowed from me for some Peanut M&M's out of the vending machine last year and has conveniently forgotten to pay back He's not leaving town till he pays up...

• Fire 2

I have been on this board now going on 10 years. I rarely post, usually just read and agree or laugh at the comments. However, this has got to be one of the most pointless threads I have seen in a while. Lets run a coach that is winning 70% of his games out of town. That will bring in a top flight coach for sure. UNBELIEVALBE!!!!!

I have been on this board now going on 10 years. I rarely post, usually just read and agree or laugh at the comments. However, this has got to be one of the most pointless threads I have seen in a while. Lets run a coach that is winning 70% of his games out of town. That will bring in a top flight coach for sure. UNBELIEVALBE!!!!!

very much agree. some of the names that are being thrown out are just laughable.

I saw bo, and he looks like a man who has lost his confidence in his abilities.....i would let bo go, hes had 5 yrs now, and its more of the same, unless you are satisfied with loosing 4 or 5 games a year. got to put some blame on nu,s president, pearlman if i got his name right,,,he does not hire the right people....for a school like nu,. we should be able to hire a head coach with some experience, instead of letting coaches coach here with absolutely no track record..

I saw bo, and he looks like a man who has lost his confidence in his abilities.....i would let bo go, hes had 5 yrs now, and its more of the same, unless you are satisfied with loosing 4 or 5 games a year. got to put some blame on nu,s president, pearlman if i got his name right,,,he does not hire the right people....for a school like nu,. we should be able to hire a head coach with some experience, instead of letting coaches coach here with absolutely no track record..

I saw Bo just the other day. Looks fine to me. Here, I took a photo.

pelini_freaks_out-150x150.jpg