Northwestern-What will it take to beat them?

Nebraska can control the line of scrimmage in that game. Run the ball all game long and it should be a Husker win. Also Colter didn't play much QB vs. Penn St. If they stick with their other guy(don't remember his name) it will be a big help for us.

I can see them moving Colter back to the primary QB just for this game.

We will need to completely revamp what we have done so far this season on D. Burn redshirts, get Rose, Santos and Alfalva on the field. Use SJB in the Super D role in 2003 as an OLB to rush and disrupt every play. Maybe even move Stafford up in that role. Get Valentine, Curry and Peat (if in game shape) on the line. Make E Martin an every play DE. Announce Captains for the remainder of the year. Practice full pads, 1's vs 1's until KO. Blitz every down. Even on 2nd and 1. Who cares. Run.

Have AA take a knee if the ball goes into the end zone. I have no idea WTH happened to our special teams. Punt out of bounds.

Run, run, run. Do not put Martinez in a position that requires his arm to get us out of trouble. If we do throw, do it on first down. I am also sure that they have salivated over the ease of jumping our out routes. How about something as simple as a little out and up route. They will bite and we get 6. It ill also stop them from jumping the route again. Bring back the RB screen Cally and Lucky were masters of this. Use the bubble screen. We get killed by everyone else using it. We need to start. Do what ever it takes, screens, throw back pass, end around, reverses etc to get the ball in the hands of JT and KB in space. I would love to see Enunwa on an end around with the ball and a head full of steam. The collisions would be epic. Give the ball to Cross in meaningful time. Not just the last friggin play of the game. The dude is huge. He is a freight train. Have him, AA and Janovich back there (assuming Rex is still out). Beat them into submission. Power football with play action passes. Run, Run, Run.

Put Paps in the box with Joseph. Let him see the whole field. No reason to stand right next to Bo. Someone else can send in plays. One of the beat writers also wrote, make one mistake, sit a play, 2 sit the series etc.... make guys realize you screw up, you sit.

Go back to the mantra of the SEALs that I continue to hear so much about from working out with our guys. Dig deep, don't quit on yourself or on your team.

Play with passion and fire. Play angry. Play mad. get some. Play a complete four quarters. If they can't stop it, don't.

• Fire 1

I was just over at their board to see how they took their loss to Penn St. I felt like I was still here! They were very disappointed that they lost. They thought they had a chance to win and they messed up big time. They don't expect to win against us. I think it will be an interesting game. They felt that the coach didn't use Colter enough and that's why they lost as well as mistakes they made during the game. They admit they have a young team as well but they are just as hard on their coaches as we are on ours.

I'm with you lo country. I really hope Bo takes some of the suggestions I read in the paper today (same article as you did I think! :) ) It could make such a difference and they are all 'doable' things. We are not a bad team. We are a growing team and yeah our coaches don't know everything. I'm sure it's frustrating for Bo to have a good game plan and then watch it fall apart because the players aren't playing their positions or they don't execute the plays. But hey! A lot of teams in the top 10 lost on Saturday-teams with VERY experienced coaches and veteran players. So when I look at it with that perspective it helps.

People keep harping about how this is Bo's '5th year'-well it's only his 2nd year in the B!G. He'll figure it out. These kids are only going to get better. We also have some new recruits that are going to be great!

I think if we play like we did 2nd quarter of the Wiscy game defensively and like we did the 1st quarter offensively against tOSU then we'll beat Northwestern.

I say set the athletes on defense free. just let em loose. Davison said tonight he didnt think we did anything different after the 1st quarter but I disagree. We got complacent, plain and simple. I wanna see 4 quarters of heat. On offense? Can we just slow it down a tad. I know this no huddle crap is the big craze right now, but I think it really hurts the psych of our defense. I think it puts the tempo to a point that maybe even the defense just feels as if we're always in a dogfight or high pressure moment, that they just cant settle in. Slow it down a tad and lets start pounding away. it's middle of October, not supposed to throw the ball anyway.