Recruiting has lost steam... Where do we go from here?

It seems the momentum we had going into the season has been sucked out of our sails at this point.

Of all the visitors we had for Wiscy, only Hinnant seems to be ready to pull the trigger at this point. Kemp seemed ready to go, but we told him to hold off. I really hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

I'm all for getting our OL cupboard stocked (I'd love to see Knevel or Cochran commit, either of those guys are just physical freaks), but I think we really need to continue shoring up the defense this class and next. We did a great job addressing LB last class, but I have a feeling these next two are going to be paramount to whether Bo can keep his job at NU.

Luckily we already have a good haul of defensive recruits hauled in. LaCouture looks like a beast, Nattier is the forgotten man, and Newby, Love, and Banderas are a great class at LB. Very happy to have McWilson but unsure Cook will stick around.

I know we will see many later targets that aren't on the board now, but...

Of the guys on our board at this point, who do we need to close on to make it a great class and get the horses Bo needs for his defense to work?

We are sitting pretty with Terrell Newby, Beau Sandland, Dominic Walker, Dashon Hunt and JD Hinnant right now. Those 3 came away VERY impressed with their NU campus trips and all have NU in their top 2-3. They would all be good gets for NU.

We are also very high with Christian Morris, Priest Willis, and Mack Alexander.

The only concerns I have right now are for the DT and OL positions. We do not seem to be getting any DT's on campus who leave with us in their top group and we have had very few DT's on campus this year. I don't see enough OT's with interest in NU at this point. We have plenty of guards right now.. but we will really need Tackles and a Center for this class. I just don't see very many high caliber guys here.

We are sitting pretty with Terrell Newby, Beau Sandland, Dominic Walker, Dashon Hunt and JD Hinnant right now. Those 3 came away VERY impressed with their NU campus trips and all have NU in their top 2-3. They would all be good gets for NU.

We are also very high with Christian Morris, Priest Willis, and Mack Alexander.

The only concerns I have right now are for the DT and OL positions. We do not seem to be getting any DT's on campus who leave with us in their top group and we have had very few DT's on campus this year. I don't see enough OT's with interest in NU at this point. We have plenty of guards right now.. but we will really need Tackles and a Center for this class. I just don't see very many high caliber guys here.

I know some people are concerned about Sandland. He seemed really stoked about NU after his visit and has been quiet ever since. People were concerned about OU specifically, right?

I'd probably crap my pants if we pulled Alexander or Willis and threw them in our already full defensive backfield. We DO need to find some safeties for next year, though. Jackson can play one spot... the other leaves me scratching my head...

I'm alarmed with our inability to lure any DT's especially after the way Suh tore it up here and made national headlines. He was invited to the Heisman presentation for crying out loud... As a DT. How can we not get an elite DT to come here?

VV was a surprise coup last year, and he could be great with his size, and Curry was a late addition who isn't exactly a slouch, but not exactly a world beater either. We need a manchild DT in the worst way.

The way we're recruiting-- with VV in the last class and big DE's in this class, and all the LB's we're bringing on board lately-- it seriously makes me question whether we are moving to 3-4 in the near future...

Getting to the championship game will help,we need to stop recruiting Ohio so much though,imo.The skilled lineman are down south and Nebraska is a national brand,so why are we not recruiting in the south more? Imagine a defense with a mix of georgia,alabama,louisiana,texas,florida & california kids with homegrown huskers mixed in?

In order to get past Ohio St. in the future,we need to recruit like Urban Meyer does at Ohio State

Getting to the championship game will help,we need to stop recruiting Ohio so much though,imo.The skilled lineman are down south and Nebraska is a national brand,so why are we not recruiting in the south more? Imagine a defense with a mix of georgia,alabama,louisiana,texas,florida & california kids with homegrown huskers mixed in?

In order to get past Ohio St. in the future,we need to recruit like Urban Meyer does at Ohio State

Don't you think we would if we could? All the good players down south go to the SEC.

Bo mentioned that Friday coaches would be out on the road recruiting in different states during the bye week and be back Sunday to start prep for Northwestern.

I've always thought that recruiting high schools players really didn't kick into high gear until after the high school football season comes to a close and the athletes can start narrowing down their options instead of concentrating on school and football, its just one less thing on the agenda for these kids. JUCO kids are probably different.

Bo mentioned that Friday coaches would be out on the road recruiting in different states during the bye week and be back Sunday to start prep for Northwestern.

I've always thought that recruiting high schools players really didn't kick into high gear until after the high school football season comes to a close and the athletes can start narrowing down their options instead of concentrating on school and football, its just one less thing on the agenda for these kids. JUCO kids are probably different.

Very respectfully, if we don't have names of 2014 and even 2015 kids on our big board right now we are way behind.