Recruiting has lost steam... Where do we go from here?

Still losing steam, it would seem.

Same as last year. We don't tend to get a lot of in-season commits. However, I would expect one or two commits after this weekend. But the coaching staff really hits the recruiting trails hard as soon as the season ends.

I watch the scroll on ESPNU every night under the recruit heading and Im not seeing tons of guys committing this time of year so it's not just us.

I am hoping that there is some way that we can get some good quality players to play the d-line. Losing a player like LaCoture is huge. Maybe with it being a mutual split our coaches know something we don't and we will be getting some more commits from the d-line. Also would love to see some play makers in our defensive secondary. I am not to confident that Willis will be committing...

Have faith boys! I think there are a few commits on the horizon. We picked up a good DE yesterday. Some probably want to announce on signing day and probably quite a few have narrowed their choices to us and a couple others. The kids nowdays want it to be a big deal and get their face on tv somewhere. We all want our 15 minutes. That being said this class will finish out strong. How strong is yet to be determined.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm somewhat bewildered by our seemingly ho-hum effort in picking up offensive linemen in this class.

Someone say something to make me feel better.

Only one uncommitted prospect that has officialed us, has committed elsewhere (Klement) A few others were committed elsewhere prior, but the vast majority are still uncommitted. All these kids have their 5 visits scheduled and want to take them. They already have it predetermined that they will take all of their visits before deciding. We are in a great spot with quite a few prospects. December is going to be crazy with commits. Knevel is N.

I'm somewhat bewildered by our seemingly ho-hum effort in picking up offensive linemen in this class.

Someone say something to make me feel better.

Only one uncommitted prospect that has officialed us, has committed elsewhere (Klement) A few others were committed elsewhere prior, but the vast majority are still uncommitted. All these kids have their 5 visits scheduled and want to take them. They already have it predetermined that they will take all of their visits before deciding. We are in a great spot with quite a few prospects. December is going to be crazy with commits. Knevel is N.

Hope you're right on this. Any news on Cochran?