Bo has not won one big game

Sorry, I was waking up as I was posting that...

i'll let it go. this time.

you sir, are benevolent...

and benign.

sd'sker every post you make amuses me.

In my head, it's rogers voice, every. single. time. No matter what the context.

AND he's always talking in a different outfit.

Anyways, back to the topic...

Sorry, I was waking up as I was posting that...

i'll let it go. this time.

you sir, are benevolent...

and benign.

sd'sker every post you make amuses me.

In my head, it's rogers voice, every. single. time. No matter what the context.

AND he's always talking in a different outfit.

Anyways, back to the topic...

i love roger and that show. i could never change my avatar. it puts everything i post into a context i can not now abandon.

i will give you this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9jHYgLhJV4

Oh hell...this is the dumbest topic ever. Iowa State beats ranked teams all the time...we beat you guys in Lincoln in 09 and I believe you were ranked at the time...we beat ranked Texas and Texas Tech while they were sitting in the Top 25 in 2010...we beat TCU this year when they were ranked. Hell, we even beat the #2 team in the nation last year when we took out Oklahoma State. But you know what? The best we ever finished was 7-6! Why? Because even if you beat a ranked team, you have to beat all the other teams too! Beating a ranked team doesn't mean crap if you overlook a Kansas or an Illinois and get your ass handed to you. You win the games you are expected to win and if you beat a ranked team...great...but WIN the games you are supposed to!

Yeah...we beat #13 TCU last week...and now we get to play #6 Kansas State (who will probably hand our heads to us) and after that we get to take on a ranked Texas...a ranked Oklahoma...a ranked West Virginia....and who knows if by the time we play them, Baylor and OK State aren't ranked too...the only "easy" game we get is Kansas and they will probably kick our butts because we consider them the only "easy" game we're going to get. So, yeah, winning a "big game" over a ranked opponent is nice but it would be a lot nicer to finish the season with a 10-4 record by beating the teams we're supposed to beat like the Huskers normally do. Quit whining and try to enjoy your success...

• Fire 2

Oh hell...this is the dumbest topic ever. Iowa State beats ranked teams all the time...we beat you guys in Lincoln in 09 and I believe you were ranked at the time...we beat ranked Texas and Texas Tech while they were sitting in the Top 25 in 2010...we beat TCU this year when they were ranked. Hell, we even beat the #2 team in the nation last year when we took out Oklahoma State. But you know what? The best we ever finished was 7-6! Why? Because even if you beat a ranked team, you have to beat all the other teams too! Beating a ranked team doesn't mean crap if you overlook a Kansas or an Illinois and get your ass handed to you. You win the games you are expected to win and if you beat a ranked team...great...but WIN the games you are supposed to!

Yeah...we beat #13 TCU last week...and now we get to play #6 Kansas State (who will probably hand our heads to us) and after that we get to take on a ranked Texas...a ranked Oklahoma...a ranked West Virginia....and who knows if by the time we play them, Baylor and OK State aren't ranked too...the only "easy" game we get is Kansas and they will probably kick our butts because we consider them the only "easy" game we're going to get. So, yeah, winning a "big game" over a ranked opponent is nice but it would be a lot nicer to finish the season with a 10-4 record by beating the teams we're supposed to beat like the Huskers normally do. Quit whining and try to enjoy your success...

That's the thing. 10-4 at Nebraska is an abject failure, and a fireable offense.

This is to all the people who are saying 9-4 is pretty good. Who cares if we are not in the conference race let alone a national title hunt. Who cares if every decent team on our schedule beats us by 25 pts. As long as we get to go to a bowl game played after december 20th everything is good. Lets just stay the course and accept it. Hell lets give bo a 15yr extension. If we gamble and make a change it might be worse, lets don't take that risk. Hell, maybe pretty soon the B10 will give out participaton trophies at the end of the year so teams like ours wont feel bad. bo is on his 5th season and is getting worse every game(if you think the ohio st game was the bottom this season, stay tuned). Do you really think the big money donors are happy? I truley believe that Tom bailed now because he didn't want to have to deal with this mess. So, do you let the mess continue to get bigger, or do you start mopping up now? Thats why we hired a new AD in he middle of the football season.

Amen

Cy, you don't give the "Clones" enough credit. I'm pulling hard for them to beat the K-State TamedKittens...

This is to all the people who are saying 9-4 is pretty good. Who cares if we are not in the conference race let alone a national title hunt. Who cares if every decent team on our schedule beats us by 25 pts. As long as we get to go to a bowl game played after december 20th everything is good. Lets just stay the course and accept it. Hell lets give bo a 15yr extension. If we gamble and make a change it might be worse, lets don't take that risk. Hell, maybe pretty soon the B10 will give out participaton trophies at the end of the year so teams like ours wont feel bad. bo is on his 5th season and is getting worse every game(if you think the ohio st game was the bottom this season, stay tuned). Do you really think the big money donors are happy? I truley believe that Tom bailed now because he didn't want to have to deal with this mess. So, do you let the mess continue to get bigger, or do you start mopping up now? Thats why we hired a new AD in he middle of the football season.

Since the first couple sentences in this paragraph is nonsense, I'm just going to assume the rest isn't worth reading.

You need a serious dose of perspective. Get off the high horse.

Let's assume for one moment, you in fact, are a 'big time' booster. Or perhaps, you are good friends with a 'prominent' booster. Let's assume that you or someone you know has influence in the athletic department.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not ruin the Husker program that all of us 'lowly' fans appreciate. If you are in that position of 'power', you must have some sort of common sense and the ability to use it. Please, don't ruin a proud program because you have a smaller penis than your counterpart...

Pretty hard to beat a top rated team in the Big Ten cause there aren't any!!!

I still don't get the Bo and Tom comparison. No one seems to remember Big 8 football was horrible. It was NU and Oklahoma for most of Osborne's career. NU was like 4 deep at all positions cause scholarships numbers were crazy. Iowa St, Mizzou, KU, K-state and OK-State had horrible programs and every once in a while CU fielded a good team. Every year playing In the Big 8 you could count on 6 wins and then play the likes of Army, Indiana, Wake Forest, etc. and there were your 9 wins and everyone was happy especially if you beat OU somehow.

Pretty hard to beat a top rated team in the Big Ten cause there aren't any!!!

I still don't get the Bo and Tom comparison. No one seems to remember Big 8 football was horrible. It was NU and Oklahoma for most of Osborne's career. NU was like 4 deep at all positions cause scholarships numbers were crazy. Iowa St, Mizzou, KU, K-state and OK-State had horrible programs and every once in a while CU fielded a good team. Every year playing In the Big 8 you could count on 6 wins and then play the likes of Army, Indiana, Wake Forest, etc. and there were your 9 wins and everyone was happy especially if you beat OU somehow.

Top rated?? who said that?

Every game the rest of this season is a "Big Game", no matter how you slice it.

Let's assume for one moment, you in fact, are a 'big time' booster. Or perhaps, you are good friends with a 'prominent' booster. Let's assume that you or someone you know has influence in the athletic department.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not ruin the Husker program that all of us 'lowly' fans appreciate. If you are in that position of 'power', you must have some sort of common sense and the ability to use it. Please, don't ruin a proud program because you have a smaller penis than your counterpart...

That would consist of getting an extra coat of wax on the gym floor. If he is lucky that is.