Biden

Moderator was worlds better than Lehrer.

Biden won this one but not as convincingly as Romney won last week.

I hate to break it to you, but Romney didn't win the debate last week. He's an idiot and didn't say anything.

Wow.......even Obama's own campaign is saying he got slaughtered last week. Even Obama himself said it wasn't a good night for him.

I think if you only listened to the debate, you would think that Biden won hands down. I had a hard time listening to Biden and watching his numerous smirks and inappropriate chuckles as Ryan was speaking. I though it looked very disrespectful and arrogant. The moderator was equally as bad as Lehrer, he didn't do enough and she did way too much, including talking over the candidates on more then a few occasions.

So, Biden uses similar debate tactics that Romney employed the week prior, and now it's "disrespectful and arrogant"? Hypocrite much?

And instead of the moderator letting the candidates get away with half-truths and no substance, she actually called *both* candidates down to provide details and/or elaborate on certain topics.

I don't know about you, but I like women to posses a backbone and the capacity for critical thought, especially when they moderate a debate.

Wow.......even Obama's own campaign is saying he got slaughtered last week. Even Obama himself said it wasn't a good night for him.

And there's a rather striking difference that I observe between the two groups. Obama loses a debate and everyone admits it. Ryan loses a debate and half the country says "NUH UHHH!!!"

Interesting.

You guys are laughable on this one. Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times in a 90 minute debate. Now, if I remember correctly, Ryan talked 38 minutes. That means that Biden interrupted him every 27 seconds while he was talking. That doesn't even count totally looking like an azzhat sitting there laughing and smirking.

It proves one thing. Biden as VP is Obama's best security blanket. NOBODY wants anything to happen to Obama because Biden would be next in line.

• Fire 1

This is funny.. Biden thinks so anyway.

Hmm, I am doing something wrong, I can't seem to embed this video?

I wouldn't say "laughing at the issues" as much as "laughing at Ryan's lies".

of course he is not laughing at the issue but the pubs will use it nonetheless. It was rather ignorant of him to behave that way, I mean, he is the VP for crying out loud.

i really do not get the biden hate. oh yeah, fox news does the framing of our political construct.

You not getting the Biden hate probably has something to do with you being a liberal and an Obama supporter.

I dislike Biden because of the way he acts. He is the Vice President and a 69 year old man, yet he spent the entire debate laughing and interrupting like he was a 17 year old boy with something to prove. He's supposed to be the seasoned politician, he should have been the calm and respectful individual, not Ryan.

Well, if this is any indication, XBox Live ran live interactive polling during their broadcast of the VP Debates. Very interesting numbers tell a very positive story for Biden:

(Courtesy of Major Nelson)

Above is an example of the interactivity used during last night’s US Vice-Presidential debate that was carried on Xbox LIVE in the US. There were well-over 800,000 individual responses to poll questions, and the level of engagement among Xbox LIVE users was extremely high, with over 30,000 responses to each of the questions posed.

Here are some data points from last night’s polling data:

• Biden won the debate with Xbox Swing Voters: 44.1% of undecided voters declared Biden the winner with 22.9% choosing Ryan.
  • Biden was overwhelmingly viewed by our swing voters as being more truthful, garnering the favor of 72.2% of undecided respondents.
  • An overwhelming 70.1% of undecided voters do not consider a candidate’s religion when deciding for whom to vote.
  • 53.7% of undecided voters felt that Biden is better prepared to step in as president compared to 21% for Ryan

There's a further breakdown of the data, broken down based off of how people were leaning via earlier questions. In short, the only people that think Ryan did well are either Leaning or Strongly Supporting Romney; everyone else, including undecideds and people supporting other candidates (e.g. Libertarian Party) overwhelmingly thought Biden won.

And plenty of leading questions were asked through the debate to ascertain if someone was leaning/strongly supporting a candidate, was undecided, or voting for a 3rd party. Actually, it was very well done and professional--was quite impressed...