Biden

Well...

I didn't say anything about "without question"

If you'd like you could look a few posts below that one where I said that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Biden did not win that debate.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I never said you did.. I was merely pointing out the bias in your opinion... according to the other post I quoted.

Well, if this is any indication, XBox Live ran live interactive polling during their broadcast of the VP Debates. Very interesting numbers tell a very positive story for Biden:

(Courtesy of Major Nelson)

Above is an example of the interactivity used during last night’s US Vice-Presidential debate that was carried on Xbox LIVE in the US. There were well-over 800,000 individual responses to poll questions, and the level of engagement among Xbox LIVE users was extremely high, with over 30,000 responses to each of the questions posed.

Here are some data points from last night’s polling data:

• Biden won the debate with Xbox Swing Voters: 44.1% of undecided voters declared Biden the winner with 22.9% choosing Ryan.
  • Biden was overwhelmingly viewed by our swing voters as being more truthful, garnering the favor of 72.2% of undecided respondents.
  • An overwhelming 70.1% of undecided voters do not consider a candidate’s religion when deciding for whom to vote.
  • 53.7% of undecided voters felt that Biden is better prepared to step in as president compared to 21% for Ryan

There's a further breakdown of the data, broken down based off of how people were leaning via earlier questions. In short, the only people that think Ryan did well are either Leaning or Strongly Supporting Romney; everyone else, including undecideds and people supporting other candidates (e.g. Libertarian Party) overwhelmingly thought Biden won.

And plenty of leading questions were asked through the debate to ascertain if someone was leaning/strongly supporting a candidate, was undecided, or voting for a 3rd party. Actually, it was very well done and professional--was quite impressed...

No that would not be any indication. LOL!

Maybe we should just have MTV do all the meaningful polls from now on in politics to get a feel for what the country thinks. :lol:

Awww. do I detect someone butthurt because the polling doesn't reflect their perceived reality? Or are you to the point in your life where anything not originating from your generation is instantly garbage?

bawwww.jpg

Oh wait, I get it--you're one of the people that things video gaming is just for kids, even though the median age of gamers is 30, women make up 47% of the gaming populous, and gamers' median income is a hair under six figures.

But hey--the current Republican regime is known for making wholly inaccurate and derogatory stereotypes for their supporters to mock, so why should this be any different?

Your response is pretty ridiculous with the dumb image macro and with you basically calling him a big baby. He's got a point. There are no demographics listed with the results.

i really do not get the biden hate. oh yeah, fox news does the framing of our political construct.

You not getting the Biden hate probably has something to do with you being a liberal and an Obama supporter.

I dislike Biden because of the way he acts. He is the Vice President and a 69 year old man, yet he spent the entire debate laughing and interrupting like he was a 17 year old boy with something to prove. He's supposed to be the seasoned politician, he should have been the calm and respectful individual, not Ryan.

excellent. i like biden because of my bias. you do not like biden because of 'reasons'. i see. also, it did not go so well for obama when he was the calm and respectful individual.

• Fire 2

I never said you did.. I was merely pointing out the bias in your opinion... according to the other post I quoted.

But my statements don't fit with the other post that you quoted . . .

Why? because you say so? Biden won only to those with preconceived notions about Ryan/Romney.. i.e. biased

Why? because you say so? Biden won only to those with preconceived notions about Ryan/Romney.. i.e. biased

No . . . look at it a little closer.

Only a biased person would believe one side, without question, won that debate last night,

Biden won this one but not as convincingly as Romney won last week.

Not because I said so . . . but because I didn't say what you are trying to imply. That's shown by my posts both before and after your statement where I said that opinions will differ. That would exclude my statement from the "without question" category, no?

• Fire 1

The desperation is exhibited by so many on the left claiming victory in this most recent debate when it was clearly a near draw or basically a non-event.

Where are you seeing desperation? Or are you arguing that claiming victory = desperation?

You seem to think it was a "near draw." That's fine. I think Biden won but not as convincingly as Romney's win last week. Why do you think that your assessment is rational and clear while my assessment shows desperation?

VP debates are historically insignificant as far as campaigns go.

Agreed. Historically speaking, so are presidential debates.

If they're not desperate, that is fine with me but, I think they should be. The polls since the Romney/Obama debate would indicate I am correct in sensing that they should be anxious to turn the tide.

Well, I guess you'll have to keep hoping that the other side feels desperate. Romney should be a bit concerned about the swing states. Last weeks debate was probably the high point of his presidential campaign. (Excepting victory on election night of course.) He probably won't have such a convincing and universally acknowledged victory in the next two debates and the election is only a few weeks away. If he can't get over the hump in Ohio and others with that performance . . . what will it take?

I was not claiming that "you" specifically were showing desperation. Where I saw desperation was in some some strongly biased analysis on MSNBC after the debate. I know; My bad for flipping the channel there to see what the far left was spinning. I simply feel my assessment is rational and clear because I watched the debate and saw no clear winner. So, naturally I feel there is some other motive at work for those that are adamant in claiming that Biden won. In our case, it may just be a slightly different world view skewing our perception of the debate.

You are correct, I would doubt Romney will have such a convincing victory in the next debates. I don't think the Romney/Ryan campaign can relax and rest on the laurels of one really good debate showing. I guess I sense desperation from the Obama campaign because of my tendency to perceive Obama as smug and narcissistic. I get the feeling they felt this would be a cake walk and they would have to do nothing more than cast aspertions on Romney. Maybe they are realizing now that many in this country are still hurting and simply slinging mud may not get it done. If they weren't concerned, why was Biden sequestered for about a week prior to the debate. He obviously spent a lot of time preparing evidenced by the fact that he didn't swallow his foot as he normally does when he opens his mouth.

edit- BTW, I really do kind of like Biden. Overlooking the fact that he is basically a career politician from the wrong side of the aisle that over plays his supposed blue collar roots, I kind of like his demeanor and manner of talking. I much prefer him to Obama.

let us play a game: huskerboard or fox news?

When he thanked Joe Biden, Biden was smirking. And I just think that came across as very disrespectful.
It looked like a cranky old man, to some extent, debating a polite young man.
The smiles, the sneers ... it made Vice President Joe Biden -- someone who I typically like -- I thought he was very unlikable.
I don't believe I have ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other.
It was so disrespectful.
  • Fire 2

I was not claiming that "you" specifically were showing desperation. Where I saw desperation was in some some strongly biased analysis on MSNBC after the debate. I know; My bad for flipping the channel there to see what the far left was spinning. I simply feel my assessment is rational and clear because I watched the debate and saw no clear winner. So, naturally I feel there is some other motive at work for those that are adamant in claiming that Biden won. In our case, it may just be a slightly different world view skewing our perception of the debate.

Gotcha.

I get the feeling they felt this would be a cake walk and they would have to do nothing more than cast aspertions on Romney. Maybe they are realizing now that many in this country are still hurting and simply slinging mud may not get it done. If they weren't concerned, why was Biden sequestered for about a week prior to the debate. He obviously spent a lot of time preparing evidenced by the fact that he didn't swallow his foot as he normally does when he opens his mouth.

Agreed.

edit- BTW, I really do kind of like Biden. Overlooking the fact that he is basically a career politician from the wrong side of the aisle that over plays his supposed blue collar roots, I kind of like his demeanor and manner of talking. I much prefer him to Obama.

He made me laugh a lot . . . but I can't say that I'm a big fan. Honestly, I don't even know that much about him. He's been rather invisible other than his bumbling.

Sounds like Hannity to me :dunno

STEPHEN HAYES: "When he thanked Joe Biden, Biden was smirking. And I just think that came across as very disrespectful."

BRIT HUME: "It looked like a cranky old man, to some extent, debating a polite young man."

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: "The smiles, the sneers ... it made Vice President Joe Biden -- someone who I typically like -- I thought he was very unlikable."

CHRIS WALLACE: "I don't believe I have ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other."

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: "It was so disrespectful."

SEAN HANNITY: "At times, it was so uncontrollable, I was beginning to worry about him [biden]."

STEPHEN HAYES: "When he thanked Joe Biden, Biden was smirking. And I just think that came across as very disrespectful."

BRIT HUME: "It looked like a cranky old man, to some extent, debating a polite young man."

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: "The smiles, the sneers ... it made Vice President Joe Biden -- someone who I typically like -- I thought he was very unlikable."

CHRIS WALLACE: "I don't believe I have ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other."

SEAN HANNITY: "At times, it was so uncontrollable, I was beginning to worry about him [biden]."

While those comments may come from a certain view point, are you claiming they are totally inaccurate accounts of Biden's behavior in the debate? I think they are slightly exagerrated but factually fairly correct.

While those comments may come from a certain view point, are you claiming they are totally inaccurate accounts of Biden's behavior in the debate? I think they are slightly exagerrated but factually fairly correct.

i think the issues is how petty this type of political discourse is and how it completely diverts the real issues all while influencing people's opinions. they make the person talking more important than the person's words.

Shockingly, the other side disagrees:

Dude totally got Bidened…

The epic performance last night by Vice President Joe Biden is destined to go down in history as one of the finest debate showings ever. Three things conspired against Congressman Paul Ryan: the truth, a debate opponent well prepared with facts and a ‘tude, and a debate moderator that was skilled and educated enough not to put up with any bullsh#t. This perfect storm left Ryan flopping on the beach like a fish, mouth gawping for air, completely knocked out of his zone.

It’s not easy to debate someone who tells lie after lie after lie. You risk spending your entire time refuting the lies without ever getting your own message out. Last night, Joe Biden taught us how to do it. He started out grinning whenever Ryan lied. By the end, he was openly laughing and, in what was almost like a live-tweeting of his own debate, responded in the background to each lie that rolled out of Ryan’s mouth with a refutation so that, when it was his own turn, he could actually deliver his message.

i think the issues is how petty this type of political discourse is and how it completely diverts the real issues all while influencing people's opinions. they make the person talking more important than the person's words.

I agree that the political discourse is out of control. But, the source or skew does not change facts. Biden was in fact interrupting and rather rude at times. These comments from Fox News are slightly exagerrated but nonetheless accurate.

Shockingly, the other side disagrees:

Dude totally got Bidened…

The epic performance last night by Vice President Joe Biden is destined to go down in history as one of the finest debate showings ever. Three things conspired against Congressman Paul Ryan: the truth, a debate opponent well prepared with facts and a ‘tude, and a debate moderator that was skilled and educated enough not to put up with any bullsh#t. This perfect storm left Ryan flopping on the beach like a fish, mouth gawping for air, completely knocked out of his zone.

It’s not easy to debate someone who tells lie after lie after lie. You risk spending your entire time refuting the lies without ever getting your own message out. Last night, Joe Biden taught us how to do it. He started out grinning whenever Ryan lied. By the end, he was openly laughing and, in what was almost like a live-tweeting of his own debate, responded in the background to each lie that rolled out of Ryan’s mouth with a refutation so that, when it was his own turn, he could actually deliver his message.

I'm not sure that is shocking but it is way more of an inaccurate account of what transpired than the slightly overblown claims made by the Fox people. If anybody who watched the debate came away with this result, they need serious psychiatric help. That is not disagreeing, that is seeing a giraffe and telling everyone else it was a rhinoceros.