Bo gets it! Finally.

I have always liked Bo. however, in my opinion, if there's one thing Bo needs to get it's that he needs to stop complaining how hard it is to recruit here. However true it may be, TO got some pretty good talent to come here...that guy between Solich and Pelini got some serious talent to come here...it CAN be done! I have heard him bring it up several times (probably as a preemptive excuse as to why his classes are not going to be that good). Constantly complaining about it (especially in the media) almost initiates a self-fulfilling prophecy. Recruits hear it, parents hear it and COACHES HEAR IT!!! "So it's between us and NU, well even their coach knows nobody wants to go to that flat unpopulated wasteland!" (Overly dramatic for effect...but I'm sure they plant that seed with common recruits...I would.)

Bo needs to embrace and harp on the rich tradition and history of NU, explain why every top recruit should WANT to come here and explain to recruits that we are filling those position spots with talented recruits that can't wait to come to NU! Change the perception, create the demand (I know, I know....easier said than done). I still wonder how he didn't leverage Suh's ridiculous career@ NU into landing ONE of the top 3 DTs???

I've heard all about his soft sell and how some recruits appreciate it. However, you have to read each recruit and situation and know when to force the issue...

Just sayin'...

I've wondered about this too. The main thing I've seen him "complain" about is flight paths to Lincoln. But yeah I suppose Bo's honesty burns us some, which is sad.

Let's just address this from how he talks instead of wanting him to stop talking and start showing it on the field...that's really a straw man when talking about this.

Why? What is the danger in asking him to stop talking and start showing on the field what he is talking about? Just curious :)

Well the argument is really that Bo doesn't care about the fans. This article is showing that he does...and this is primarily what this thread is about--the fact that he respects the fan base and he really wants our program to be what it was. Bo hasn't given insight into what he goes through like he did at all during his 5 years here.

So the "enough talk, let's see it on the field" counter argument is essentially a straw man, it has nothing to do with the thread topic.

I want him to show it on the field, but having him sit down in front of media, in front of fans, in front of boosters and say what he said is a big step in the right direction of his maturation as a coach here at Nebraska. That should not be overlooked and thrown aside by saying, "show it on the field, blah blah blah."

He needs to start being a hard ass when recruiting! Tell the recruits that we're going to the promised land so sh#t or get off the pot. If you want to be a part of something special you better save your spot, and once you do you better not be looking around. If recruits can dump schools, guess what, it goes both ways. The being nice and letting them go home to think about it needs to stop! I think the hard sell is the only way to go, pressure recruiting, and if they want to commit when on campus, let them.!!

It should be in the recruit's best interest to take as much time as they need to make their decision. But the coaching staff should have no say in that whatsoever. If a kid wants to commit, then dammit, let him sign. If he feels he needs more time, then he needs more time.

Absolutely, i agree. What baffles me is it seems they have kids that want to commit but the coaches tell them to just wait and go home and make sure they want to. If they want to commit, accept it. Its much harder for a recruit to decommit than never commit, take more trips, and decide to go somewhere else. Really think we're hurting ourselves in that case.

If truly we are sending kids home that state they want to commit, this staff will never succeed. ABC Always be Closing. Close the sale the instant the recruit says yes, no second chances, no mommy can I. Good gawd that is about the dumbest approach to recruiting I have ever heard. The kid can always change his mind, but let him do it when he gets home, send him home as a Husker and make him proud he did it, never talk him out of it. No wonder we fail on a regular basis in recruiting.

I honestly do not believe that story, I pray that story is Bull$hit!!!!

If truly we are sending kids home that state they want to commit, this staff will never succeed. ABC Always be Closing. Close the sale the instant the recruit says yes, no second chances, no mommy can I. Good gawd that is about the dumbest approach to recruiting I have ever heard. The kid can always change his mind, but let him do it when he gets home, send him home as a Husker and make him proud he did it, never talk him out of it. No wonder we fail on a regular basis in recruiting.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call BS on this too. Who is the looney, undermining, Pelini-hating retard that came up with this. "We appreciate you want to commit and all, but we feel you better wait till you get home and think about it, in case you want to change your mind and go to Iowa(gag, shiver) instead." C'mon people, do you understand the crap that is even going around in your mind. Give me a break. (cue the "I have sources" non-sense)

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call BS on this too. Who is the looney, undermining, Pelini-hating retard that came up with this. "We appreciate you want to commit and all, but we feel you better wait till you get home and think about it, in case you want to change your mind and go to Iowa(gag, shiver) instead." C'mon people, do you understand the crap that is even going around in your mind. Give me a break. (cue the "I have sources" non-sense)

Ummm, that story makes no sense, as some kids committed last year, while still in Lincoln on campus. There are reasons our recruiting is down. Its not because of a flawed story you heard. Reasons...

• Troubles making it to the BCS games
  • Troubles making it to our Conference Championship
  • No big name coaches (besides this year, Coach Kaz, Ross Ells *2nd year* & Terry Joseph)
  • Kids these days don't like to go play where it snows, unless your a school that has the 3 above. Like Michigan and tOSU.