Bo gets it! Finally.

I think for the first time in his head coaching career, Bo realizes that his standard operating procedure is not getting the job done. Didn't you always get the feeling that Bo thought if he just stuck with his plan, let 'the process' take it's course that everything would fall into place eventually?

After getting spanked by his alma mater in yet another big game that he should have won, the feeling I get now is that for the first time Bo is embarrassed enough and humbled enough to start honestly evaluating what he's doing wrong. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking on my part.

• Fire 1

Good read. I like seeing this side of Bo. It reminds me of his demeanor at the Penn St. game last year. This is the first time I've heard him address the fans so specifically. Here's hoping that we see this new attitude reflected on the playing field. We can win out. But will we? That remains to be seen. I'm hoping we do. I like Bo and I too think that he's steering us in the right direction. GBR!

Let's just address this from how he talks instead of wanting him to stop talking and start showing it on the field...that's really a straw man when talking about this.

Not really. You can't say we've not heard this before, in fact it occurred last year around this time(I think it was after the Wisconsin game). I'm not on the fire Bo wagon as of yet, but i'd rather we stop talking and start doing. I'd rather see it put in action rather than just hear about it.

Bo gets it! Finally.

Gets what? That he needs to get the program going in the right direction? Win games? Recruit better? Hire better assistants? Needs to take charge? Those are part of the job description. Duh!

He owes Nebraska nothing! He just needs to do his job! That will take care of itself.

I don't remember a time when Bo didn't get it.

I have never heard him speak so positively to the culture that is Nebraska. I have heard a lot of the "us against the world", but this is the first time I can recall that he speaks of NU like this. Again, good to hear IMO.

Really? I've heard it from him countless times.

Really.

I know that last year he did say he loves it here, its not a stepping stone for somewhere else. I believe this all came down after the rumors about him talking to the folks in Miami.

Had that happened, how ironic would it have been to be hired by the AD and then have the AD go to where you just came from?

I have always liked Bo. however, in my opinion, if there's one thing Bo needs to get it's that he needs to stop complaining how hard it is to recruit here. However true it may be, TO got some pretty good talent to come here...that guy between Solich and Pelini got some serious talent to come here...it CAN be done! I have heard him bring it up several times (probably as a preemptive excuse as to why his classes are not going to be that good). Constantly complaining about it (especially in the media) almost initiates a self-fulfilling prophecy. Recruits hear it, parents hear it and COACHES HEAR IT!!! "So it's between us and NU, well even their coach knows nobody wants to go to that flat unpopulated wasteland!" (Overly dramatic for effect...but I'm sure they plant that seed with common recruits...I would.)

Bo needs to embrace and harp on the rich tradition and history of NU, explain why every top recruit should WANT to come here and explain to recruits that we are filling those position spots with talented recruits that can't wait to come to NU! Change the perception, create the demand (I know, I know....easier said than done). I still wonder how he didn't leverage Suh's ridiculous career@ NU into landing ONE of the top 3 DTs???

I've heard all about his soft sell and how some recruits appreciate it. However, you have to read each recruit and situation and know when to force the issue...

Just sayin'...

• Fire 1

one thing Bo needs to get it's that he needs to stop complaining how hard it is to recruit here.

I have heard him bring it up several times (probably as a preemptive excuse as to why his classes are not going to be that good). Constantly complaining about it (especially in the media)

I could be wrong, but I dont ever remember hearing him say any of that.

Links????