Bo gets it! Finally.

Bo said good things that needed to be said, and I'm betting he's sincere. Even if it is coach-speak.

As pointed out, the proof will be on the field.

But if we're calling out journalists with agendas when Bo gets criticized, it's worth noting that Randy York is pr shill for Nebraska, and rarely prints anything of actual interest.

If truly we are sending kids home that state they want to commit, this staff will never succeed. ABC Always be Closing. Close the sale the instant the recruit says yes, no second chances, no mommy can I. Good gawd that is about the dumbest approach to recruiting I have ever heard. The kid can always change his mind, but let him do it when he gets home, send him home as a Husker and make him proud he did it, never talk him out of it. No wonder we fail on a regular basis in recruiting.

I honestly do not believe that story, I pray that story is Bull$hit!!!!

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call BS on this too. Who is the looney, undermining, Pelini-hating retard that came up with this. "We appreciate you want to commit and all, but we feel you better wait till you get home and think about it, in case you want to change your mind and go to Iowa(gag, shiver) instead." C'mon people, do you understand the crap that is even going around in your mind. Give me a break. (cue the "I have sources" non-sense)

Do you guys ever venture over to the recruiting forum?? It's pretty well known, and spoke about over there, by Huskerboard veterans and members who have been in the know about recruiting for a long time. It does happen. Believe it or not, I don't care, but it isn't BS!

I was in recruiting for ten years, Marine Corps recruiting where you sign on with the idea that death is a possiblity, convincing mom of that is never easy. Recruiting to the military, getting quality kids is far tougher than giving a kid a college education and being able to play the game at a major university. I averaged putting in more than a whole team for over 7 years. Recruiting is a talent, actually a way of life. If we do what is being said we will never return to power. You have to have the best, you have to go after the best, and you never take no for an answer and you are always asking for a yes.

Marine Corps recruiting was a 4 month class, after spending 8 years in the Marine Corps. You have to know your product, believe in your product and be able to sell the product, we have coaches that do not believe in their product. lack confidence in their knowledge or product.

Close the freaking deal.

I was in recruiting for ten years, Marine Corps recruiting where you sign on with the idea that death is a possiblity, convincing mom of that is never easy. Recruiting to the military, getting quality kids is far tougher than giving a kid a college education and being able to play the game at a major university. I averaged putting in more than a whole team for over 7 years. Recruiting is a talent, actually a way of life. If we do what is being said we will never return to power. You have to have the best, you have to go after the best, and you never take no for an answer and you are always asking for a yes.

Marine Corps recruiting was a 4 month class, after spending 8 years in the Marine Corps. You have to know your product, believe in your product and be able to sell the product, we have coaches that do not believe in their product. lack confidence in their knowledge or product.

Close the freaking deal.

I think it would be awesome to get a marine corps recruiter as recruiting coordinator!! Talk about passion!! You need to apply for the job for the skers. You dont need to be a coach to be a recruiter. To be able to talk to a family and tell them you recruited marines to serve their country has to be a huge advantage!

I am not sure how to take that CN Red. But I think they are a lot the same. We talk to the same age kids, some have the same talents, some not for sure, but most are just young and seek guidance and a path to their future. Honestly alot come from the same enviornment, broken homes, ghetto areas, gang and well rounded families. Not really that different overall.

I will tell you that I had two tours in Viet Nam, helicopter machine gunner, and Headquarters admin. Recruiting was the toughest job I had in the Marine Corps, more hours, more time, but also one of the most rewarding jobs that I had.

I love this country and I am very proud to be a Marine, and a Marine Recruiter. The recruiter is what makes the Marine Corps, with out them we have no one. And what they put in the Marine Corps, make the service what it is. Pretty much the same as recruiting to any major program. You fail, your station fails and the Marine Corps fails. You fail at recruting at Nebraska, Nebraska fails.

As, any business man will tell you, sales makes the world go round.

If truly we are sending kids home that state they want to commit, this staff will never succeed. ABC Always be Closing. Close the sale the instant the recruit says yes, no second chances, no mommy can I. Good gawd that is about the dumbest approach to recruiting I have ever heard. The kid can always change his mind, but let him do it when he gets home, send him home as a Husker and make him proud he did it, never talk him out of it. No wonder we fail on a regular basis in recruiting.

I honestly do not believe that story, I pray that story is Bull$hit!!!!

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call BS on this too. Who is the looney, undermining, Pelini-hating retard that came up with this. "We appreciate you want to commit and all, but we feel you better wait till you get home and think about it, in case you want to change your mind and go to Iowa(gag, shiver) instead." C'mon people, do you understand the crap that is even going around in your mind. Give me a break. (cue the "I have sources" non-sense)

Do you guys ever venture over to the recruiting forum?? It's pretty well known, and spoke about over there, by Huskerboard veterans and members who have been in the know about recruiting for a long time. It does happen. Believe it or not, I don't care, but it isn't BS!

Well i'm sorry. Until I hear a coach or player or recruit say publicly that he was told to go home and "think about it" when trying to give a committment, I will consider all things heresay and continue my bs observation. If it has been said publicly, please link it so I can retract my statement and go onto bitching about these practices as everyone else. As far as "inside info" goes, I trust that term as much a wet fart. I have an inside source too. A relative that has classes with a lot of the players up there, and that is why a lot of things I read on here is complete laughable garbage, but people would think the same about my "inside source" because it is just heresay as well.

Recruits have quoted as saying as much. Recruiting sites have talked to them and the recruits will say they were really jacked up on their visit here and were really thinking about committing before they left but coaches would tell them to go home and think about it and make sure this is really what they want and whats right for them. Im not just making this sh#t up. I remember hearing about it b/c i thought it was dumb by the coaches. If they want to commit and they are high on the list you take it! If they want to decommit later so be it, but its tougher to decommit than just move on when they havent committed. It makes things more personal.

Recruits have quoted as saying as much. Recruiting sites have talked to them and the recruits will say they were really jacked up on their visit here and were really thinking about committing before they left but coaches would tell them to go home and think about it and make sure this is really what they want and whats right for them. Im not just making this sh#t up. I remember hearing about it b/c i thought it was dumb by the coaches. If they want to commit and they are high on the list you take it! If they want to decommit later so be it, but its tougher to decommit than just move on when they havent committed. It makes things more personal.

Sorry for my ignorance on the subject, but do these incoming potential recruits bring their parents? I would assume they'd have to have at least one parent there considering some of them aren't even 18 yet. Why in the heck if they have at least one parent present would anyone on our staff even breathe the words "go home and think about it". There's a reason for the saying "nice guys always finish last"!

That's fine. Links please. Something. Until then it's just heresay. I just can't believe that.

Close the freaking deal.

I think it would be awesome to get a marine corps recruiter as recruiting coordinator!! Talk about passion!! You need to apply for the job for the skers. You dont need to be a coach to be a recruiter. To be able to talk to a family and tell them you recruited marines to serve their country has to be a huge advantage!

And hire R. Lee as a motivational speaker :D

tumblr_m9dsrimDPP1qij8k6.jpg

It's a big balancing act. I respect Bo and his staff for wanting to make sure they're not getting kids making impulsive, kneejerk decisions. That is commendable and a surefire way to get kids who REALLY, ABSOLUTELY want to be Huskers.

But if doing so prevents them from getting the talent we need to succeed-- they need to rethink the strategy, I think.