B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

So is FSU a real option at this point? I dont have any inside info but I was under the impression that they were more of a pipe dream.

A longshot but they still are considered a real option. Until the right people say no way(and the Big Ten has been listening to their pitch) then I will not count them out.

Unless it's a package with UVA, Duke, NC, and Kansas. Ga. Tech and FSU (gawd, I wish) could come in later. :)

You will have to choose Matthew,

FSU or KU because Delany wants to leave that extra spot for Our Mother.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

So is FSU a real option at this point? I dont have any inside info but I was under the impression that they were more of a pipe dream.

A longshot but they still are considered a real option. Until the right people say no way(and the Big Ten has been listening to their pitch) then I will not count them out.

MR Red--here's the thing. FSU needs a better paycheck and television exposure than what the ACC can provide in their new deal. Unless the ACC can preform a magic trick to get Mickey Mouse to pony up more cash, their only options (other than staying in the ACC and accepting their fate) are the Big XII and the B1G.

And I think we all know which one of those two choices happens to provide the better paycheck, better television exposure, and long-term stability.

And yes, FSU really must make a move--considering their fiscal peers aren't just Florida and 'Bama, but now the entirety of the SEC, they're looking to not just be outspent, but lapped by the likes of Vandy and Ole Miss in the years to come. Unless they can fight fire with fire, FSU will have problems in the long run.

Very very interesting....

https://docs.google....nAyY3VtdHM/edit

Read most of the suit. I am no attorney by any means and I understand it is written by the UMd side but it seems they (UMd) have a very reasonable claim. I am an owner in a LLC with 10 other guys. We are governed by an operating agreement. Any key business decisions must be decided (sometimes a vote is needed) in accordance with the operating agreement. We must also give 2 years notice if we were to leave the LLC. There is no financial penalty for leaving the LLC other than the timing of the payout of a member's capital account. If a member were to leave it is up to the other members to plan and replace the departing member so the business can go on. If the other members can't due this and the business declines, that is the remaining members' fault - not the departing member who followed the rules of the operating agreement.

It seems in the suit 1) the ACC's violated its bylaws in a couple different ways 2) penalty was meant to injure the departing member UMd - not be "liquidating" penalty for loss of a school (they ACC quickly added Lville) and 3) not effective until July 1, 2013

Again, I am no lawyer and I am not sure of the ACC's side of the story to refute this suit is. Hopefully it gets resolved soon so we can finally get all the pieces in place and be done with realignment.

• Fire 1

Very very interesting....

https://docs.google....nAyY3VtdHM/edit

Read most of the suit. I am no attorney by any means and I understand it is written by the UMd side but it seems they (UMd) have a very reasonable claim. I am an owner in a LLC with 10 other guys. We are governed by an operating agreement. Any key business decisions must be decided (sometimes a vote is needed) in accordance with the operating agreement. We must also give 2 years notice if we were to leave the LLC. There is no financial penalty for leaving the LLC other than the timing of the payout of a member's capital account. If a member were to leave it is up to the other members to plan and replace the departing member so the business can go on. If the other members can't due this and the business declines, that is the remaining members' fault - not the departing member who followed the rules of the operating agreement.

It seems in the suit 1) the ACC's violated its bylaws in a couple different ways 2) penalty was meant to injure the departing member UMd - not be "liquidating" penalty for loss of a school (they ACC quickly added Lville) and 3) not effective until July 1, 2013

Again, I am no lawyer and I am not sure of the ACC's side of the story to refute this suit is. Hopefully it gets resolved soon so we can finally get all the pieces in place and be done with realignment.

I'm no lawyer either nor have I slept in a Holiday Inn lately. But wouldn't Maryland be held for the penalties that were in effect when they annouced they are leaving the ACC. With everything being announced and basically finallized could they be held accountable for anything conference changes such as the penalties made in effect after the announcement. Or since they are now just waiting for 2 year notice to end are any changes made within the ACC still apply to them?

Now yes I know this is why it's in court. I'm just asking in general how it normally works during these type of situations. As i've never really followed this before.

Unless it's a package with UVA, Duke, NC, and Kansas. Ga. Tech and FSU (gawd, I wish) could come in later. :)

You will have to choose Matthew,

FSU or KU because Delany wants to leave that extra spot for Our Mother.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

MR Red--here's the thing. FSU needs a better paycheck and television exposure than what the ACC can provide in their new deal. Unless the ACC can preform a magic trick to get Mickey Mouse to pony up more cash, their only options (other than staying in the ACC and accepting their fate) are the Big XII and the B1G.

And I think we all know which one of those two choices happens to provide the better paycheck, better television exposure, and long-term stability.

And yes, FSU really must make a move--considering their fiscal peers aren't just Florida and 'Bama, but now the entirety of the SEC, they're looking to not just be outspent, but lapped by the likes of Vandy and Ole Miss in the years to come. Unless they can fight fire with fire, FSU will have problems in the long run.

Yeah, I understand all that. I was just under the impression that the Big Ten heads werent too interested. Mostly because of the AAU situation. Which I understand to an extent but imo that shouldnt be a deal breaker.

I think it will work out in the end but for those who might want Kansas(me being one) will be disappointed and we might be stuck with worthless Duke.

How can you pimp Kansas in the same sentence that you call Duke worthless? Both are primarily BB brands with little FB history. The only real difference is that Duke is academically elite while Kansas is among the group most likely to be next on the AAU chopping block. Kansans may be nicer people than anyone connected with Duke but doesn't pay the bills.

I think it will work out in the end but for those who might want Kansas(me being one) will be disappointed and we might be stuck with worthless Duke.

How can you pimp Kansas in the same sentence that you call Duke worthless? Both are primarily BB brands with little FB history. The only real difference is that Duke is academically elite while Kansas is among the group most likely to be next on the AAU chopping block. Kansans may be nicer people than anyone connected with Duke but doesn't pay the bills.

Duke is worthless like Pitt is worthless.

Duke is 7 miles from UNC.

We get UNC then Duke is just another mouth to feed.

The question is do we NEED to add Duke to pull in UNC? That might be worth using the extra spot.

The question is do we NEED to add Duke to pull in UNC? That might be worth using the extra spot.

If you are using the cable/viewers model then Kansas is equally worthless. Duke brings the same thing to the table that Kansas does, it's a national brand. It's arguable that it actually brings more value because there are far more casual fans following Duke nationally than Kansas. It's the same model that brought us Nebraska (waves to all the locals) - national brands can trump local markets.

I'm certainly not pushing for Duke to make it in I just don't see how you can blast Duke when you are using the same argument that makes Kansas a non-target.

• Fire 1

If you are using the cable/viewers model then Kansas is equally worthless. Duke brings the same thing to the table that Kansas does, it's a national brand. It's arguable that it actually brings more value because there are far more casual fans following Duke nationally than Kansas. It's the same model that brought us Nebraska (waves to all the locals) - national brands can trump local markets.

I'm certainly not pushing for Duke to make it in I just don't see how you can blast Duke when you are using the same argument that makes Kansas a non-target.

I think his point was with Duke being so close to UNC, it doesn't add any new TV markets. Chasing the almighty dollar.